Does anyone, beside me, get cracked NETFLICKS DVD's???

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
:( So, does anyone else get cracked DVD's from Netflix? We have been in maybe 2 months and have received 3 broken disk. We enjoy the service, but its a disapointment to get ready for your movie and its cracked! Yes, its easy to report and yes, they get one out to you fairly quickly but...I wondering if I should even report the 3rd one, or just send it back in to the mix. Don't wanna get banned or get on their "list".;) Just wondering.

Naves74

Naves74

Junior Audioholic
In my 6 months with netflix I have recived one broken disc and one that was the wrong movie.

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
I can feel your pain. I got two in about 5 months. I was also worried I would get on some sort of list about it. Nothing I could do though. If it was broken...It was broken. I would do as they said and send it back.

Fastnbulbous

Fastnbulbous

Audioholic
The money they save on postage by not using protective cases or bubblewrap envelopes more than makes up for the occasional broken or lost disc, so don't worry about it. I've been lucky in only getting one broken one so far. What's far more annoying are when they are scratched and play just fine until over an hour into the movie when it's horribly frustrating when it suddenly freezes. I'm hoping my new Harman/Kardon player will help avoid those problems.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I've been a member for years and never had a broken disk. I've lived in four different locations (at opposite ends of the country no less) and still no broken discs. Now that I've said that, I'd bet dollars to donuts that my next one is broken.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I have been with netflix since the begining. Never a broken disk and only two that I can remember that were scratched too bad to play. Never had a wrong movie sent.

B

BMO

Junior Audioholic
Been with Netflix about 6 months. I get a broken disc about every 2 weeks.2 X I recieved Ronin it was cracked. Both those disc somebody tried to repair.Just yesterday I recieved Ronin again,this time in good shape.Most of the broken discs I do recieve have been unsussesfuly repaired before I recieve them.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
In my 9 months I've received 2 cracked discs.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Been a member since Oct. 99 and had a rash of cracked/broken discs in 2003/04 (i.e. 3 straight broken discs of the last disc of Band of Brothers). Other than that, have not had any problems and been very happy. Once a year I may get a scratched disc that causes us to miss a couple of seconds of a movie.

S

soundsfine

Audioholic
My first ever DVD was shattered, but since then all have arrived safely.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I just got one last week. The crack was barely noticeable, but my player noticed it alright. Right in the middle of the film. I had to send it back today.

jcsprankle

jcsprankle

Audioholic
Blockbuster

I've been using Blockbuster online for about two months and have never received a disk that was cracked, broken or otherwise unplayable. I did receive the wrong movie once but went online, filled out the little form and received the right movie about two days later.

It was really a toss-up regarding whether to go with Netflix or blockbuster. My wife really made the call because blockbuster gives you online coupons for in-store rentals, something that my wife liked. Netflix, of course, has no such feature.

F

Fierce Mice

Audioholic Intern
I was a member of Netflicks a few years ago and had no bad disks for months. Then all of a sudden, I got a series of bad/scratched disks. It was irritating that they wouldn't send a replacement out until they received the bad disk! I finally cancelled when I got a disk that was cracked in two and held in place by a label.

In the past two months I haven't had a cracked or unreadable disk from Blockbuster, but that's not enough time to really gather enough data to make an informed decision.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
blockbuster was even worse.

ive probobly had 20 broken discs

O

outsider

Audioholic
I've been a Netflix user off and on since Oct. '99 and I've never seen a broken or cracked disc. To be honest, I'm surprised I haven't.

I did have one interesting disc once-
an anime series disc that was factory labeled Disc 4 in the series but had the content of Disc 3.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis