Couple questions about Yamaha RX-A3060

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
nope .. didn't work
When you entered the setup menu, you used the remote and on-screen display, right? That's a limited way to do it- most manufacturers really prefer that their equipment gear be installed by people who know the fine details- not a value judgement by me in any way, but the menu is more complete if you use a computer and it's easier to see what's going on. Reading the manual is a miserable task and as a dealer, I fully sympathize but it needs to be done.

You'll need to find the AVR's IP address- enter it in your search bar and click Enter.

One thing I haven't seen- if you're using a separate power amp, is it set to turn on when it receives the audio signal? If so, that could be causing the lack of sound- if the signal level is too low, it will shut off. If the amp has a 12V trigger input, use that- the Yamaha has at least one 21V trigger output jack and it ALWAYS works. Your channel level issues need to be diagnosed individually, using each speaker, with each preamp output connected to each amplifier channel, one at a time.

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
Highfigh makes a great point. Eliminate your amp. Try it w/o the amp in the chain.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
hey guys .. I checked with the wife and she said the first time it happened with her was when she was watching a movie in netflix.. its seems not just AirPlay or chrome cast alone.. but I am more convinced now its a sound volume issue.. maybe something happened between adjusting sound level via different devices for I can change the volume from TV remote, nvidia shield remote, iPhone and iMac.. not to mention the avr physical remote and app in my iPad

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
When you entered the setup menu, you used the remote and on-screen display, right? That's a limited way to do it- most manufacturers really prefer that their equipment gear be installed by people who know the fine details- not a value judgement by me in any way, but the menu is more complete if you use a computer and it's easier to see what's going on. Reading the manual is a miserable task and as a dealer, I fully sympathize but it needs to be done.

You'll need to find the AVR's IP address- enter it in your search bar and click Enter.

One thing I haven't seen- if you're using a separate power amp, is it set to turn on when it receives the audio signal? If so, that could be causing the lack of sound- if the signal level is too low, it will shut off. If the amp has a 12V trigger input, use that- the Yamaha has at least one 21V trigger output jack and it ALWAYS works. Your channel level issues need to be diagnosed individually, using each speaker, with each preamp output connected to each amplifier channel, one at a time.
No I didn't use the remote .. there are physical buttons on the receiver interface it self. I will search for the IP and see what happens.. the power amp is always on and it receives signals perfectly.. but I disconnected it and checked via tone test option in the setup menu for each speaker individually .. each time a different result .. as I said earlier I believe its a volume issue for speakers aren't getting the same amount of db.. that's why in my opinion they seem disconnected but they are not.. it explain the variation in sound volume between other speakers when tested for some are normal and other either low or extremely high..

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Untitled-3.jpg

I accidentally chose the .zip file instead of the .bin and now I am stuck on this page.. the status bar on the avr says invalid file.. what should I do now ? I can't reload the page or go to another for its telling me by pop up it's updating the firmware..

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
Untitled-2.jpg

I noticed that volume levels are active on zone 2 and 3 even though they are off .. how can that be??

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You'll probably have to wait a few hours for a response! I don't know the answer and it's 1:45 AM on the east coast in the u.s.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
You'll probably have to wait a few hours for a response! I don't know the answer and it's 1:45 AM on the east coast in the u.s.
sorry about the disturbance .. its 10:15 am here :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I noticed that volume levels are active on zone 2 and 3 even though they are off .. how can that be??
I'd think those are just pre-set or last volume levels rather than active....if I look at my zone levels on my Denon on the web interface they still have the starting volume (which I preset for main/zones so it turns on at an acceptable volume).

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I'd think those are just pre-set or last volume levels rather than active....if I look at my zone levels on my Denon on the web interface they still have the starting volume (which I preset for main/zones so it turns on at an acceptable volume).
got it .. thanks

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
sorry about the disturbance .. its 10:15 am here :)
I did not mean to imply it is a problem. It just sounded like you were ready to try stuff with your AVR and I just wanted to make sure you understood you were going to have a wait. I can't imagine any of us have a type of alert turned on for the night hours so your message would wake us!

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
I did not mean to imply it is a problem. It just sounded like you were ready to try stuff with your AVR and I just wanted to make sure you understood you were going to have a wait. I can't imagine any of us have a type of alert turned on for the night hours so your message would wake us!
it's ok man I get it .. I know there is a time difference and I don't expect to get an answer right away .. I just post and I wait for a while to see if someone replies .. if not I can manage on my own.. after all one can't get any where without taking a risk between once and a while :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The On/Off refers to the zone's status, not fixed/variable.
View attachment 22940
I accidentally chose the .zip file instead of the .bin and now I am stuck on this page.. the status bar on the avr says invalid file.. what should I do now ? I can't reload the page or go to another for its telling me by pop up it's updating the firmware..
Did you save the page shown in your next post before you tried to update?

Can you navigate to other pages?

I have seen updates fail when network/internet speed was slow or had dropouts- I would do an internet speed test to find out if that may have caused the update failure.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
41D18DD2-7385-4F9F-AA5D-F0E9A4CA8FBF.jpeg
Hi hasan! I see you’ve been busy. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I’ve got got no insight to Yamaha(mine is an el cheapo that lives in the garage). Just thought you might like some comic relief, and suggest this for an option.(kidding of course)

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
View attachment 22944 Hi hasan! I see you’ve been busy. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I’ve got got no insight to Yamaha(mine is an el cheapo that lives in the garage). Just thought you might like some comic relief, and suggest this for an option.(kidding of course)
Lol.. trust me I considered it.. but the planet needs water more than the avr

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
The tech guys just came and saw the tone test and said it needs to go to the workshop.. when I asked him about the cause he said its a firmware issue and they have some yamaha copyrighted file to kind of format the avr to it clean state which they will do.. then install a different file of the same firware i downloaded which contains no errors.. now Im waiting for thier feedback

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The tech guys just came and saw the tone test and said it needs to go to the workshop.. when I asked him about the cause he said its a firmware issue and they have some yamaha copyrighted file to kind of format the avr to it clean state which they will do.. then install a different file of the same firware i downloaded which contains no errors.. now Im waiting for thier feedback
At least they can do so themselves without shipping elsewhere. I do wonder why they simply don't offer you a new unit, or have you asked?

Mitchibo

Mitchibo

Audioholic
Seems strange to take it back to the shop to do a wipe and clean. They should have brought a laptop and did it on site. Hopefully it’s under warranty and they don’t charge you.

Hasan Alnajdi

Hasan Alnajdi

Full Audioholic
At least they can do so themselves without shipping elsewhere. I do wonder why they simply don't offer you a new unit, or have you asked?
If it is fixable I can’t ask for a new one that is the standard policy .. if they couldn’t fix it then I’ll ask

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis