Cost of entry for XT32

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys, I was wondering what "budget" options are out there for getting XT32 (receiver or pre-pro).
Thanks!

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Integra 80.3 is about $2200....

I just bought my second one and its fantastic.... Super easy to setup, and has an network app to control with my phone or nook color....

After selling the D2v and moving on to these units, I couldn't be more thrilled. Worth the entry fee for me....

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The normal price of any AVR currently with XT32 is going to be around $2k+.

Some people have found great deals on the Denon AVR-4311CI for around $1300 or so I believe.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Cheapest you find would be a refurb of one of these :
Onkyo 3008 or 3009 AVR, PR-SC5508 prepro
Denon 4311 AVR

Accessories4less has the Denon and the PS-SC5508 in stock.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Electronics Expo was selling Denon 4311 for $1300 delivered. Out of stock, but call and see if they can order for you and ship when available.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks!
I was hoping the trickle down was moving faster. At that price, I'll either have to spend more time convincing myself I really need it, or wait another year or two.
Auddysee must have a pretty steep liscensing fee. I don't imagine it costs much to manufacture.

D

DS-21

Full Audioholic
I was all onboard the xt32 bandwagon but after reading this article regarding their brick wall compensation fiilter at 2khz...sure has me waffling.

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries/410117-midrange-compensation
It's not a brick wall, but a notch.

Still, that Audyssey doesn't make their "crappy speakers compensation notch" defeatable without springing for a Pro license and calibration is, IMO, reason enough to look to other room correction solutions, such as ARC and Trinnov (for as long as closeout Sherwood R-972's are still available, at least).

T

tonedeaf

Audioholic
Electronics Expo was selling Denon 4311 for $1300 delivered. Out of stock, but call and see if they can order for you and ship when available.
Lots of grumbling going on over at AVS forum.
Seems EE took way more orders than they can possibly fill.
I happen to be one of them.:(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis