M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
So it is time for a round up.

It is becoming clear that all western populations are getting restive and tired of restrictions. After a court ruling it is pretty much open season in Wisconsin. Yet, far more likely than not we will have a devastating outbreak of this virus this fall and winter if we don't rethink this.
Wisconsin resident here. Bars opened up almost immediately. Many were packed with zero distancing. Unfortunately, Wisconsin likely will be a cesspool experiment showing the dangers of opening up to quickly with zero controls. A few local governments have taken to implementing their own stay at home orders, but that's only for larger cities like Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Kenosha, etc. So people are driving out of those areas to ones with open bars. Harley season has started with the warmer weather where you ride from bar to bar drinking. Yes, we lose some each weekend to drunk driving accidents and no helmets, but it's about their freedom!!

I think I'm going to just stay at home for the next 2 weeks while the bar patrons start to overload the hospitals. I have been staying at home, unless it's to hit a store at low use hours while wearing a mask and gloves. If i get sick, what will my employees do? I'm kind of key to the business so I have to stay healthy. Already lost one distant relative to this virus. Got word today of another with health issues testing positive today.

Thanks for the update in ND. I get up to Fargo several times a year due to in-laws living there. The scientific community's knowledge of this virus is changing rapidly. Good to stay on top of it.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Wisconsin resident here. Bars opened up almost immediately. Many were packed with zero distancing. Unfortunately, Wisconsin likely will be a cesspool experiment showing the dangers of opening up to quickly with zero controls. A few local governments have taken to implementing their own stay at home orders, but that's only for larger cities like Milwaukee, Madison, Racine, Kenosha, etc. So people are driving out of those areas to ones with open bars. Harley season has started with the warmer weather where you ride from bar to bar drinking. Yes, we lose some each weekend to drunk driving accidents and no helmets, but it's about their freedom!!

I think I'm going to just stay at home for the next 2 weeks while the bar patrons start to overload the hospitals. I have been staying at home, unless it's to hit a store at low use hours while wearing a mask and gloves. If i get sick, what will my employees do? I'm kind of key to the business so I have to stay healthy. Already lost one distant relative to this virus. Got word today of another with health issues testing positive today.

Thanks for the update in ND. I get up to Fargo several times a year due to in-laws living there. The scientific community's knowledge of this virus is changing rapidly. Good to stay on top of it.
Isn't Pisscavitch and common surname in Wisconsin?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Sounds good, thin the herd, who knows, Packer tickets may be easier to come by ...........

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is mind boggling. New York had been requiring nursing homes to accept recovering COVID-19 patients:

>>>New York Sent Recovering Coronavirus Patients to Nursing Homes: ‘It Was a Fatal Error’

The state reversed its policy after mounting criticism and deaths. The mandate is part of broader scrutiny of weaknesses at long-term care facilities that have made them hot spots for Covid-19.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think your first link is most suitable for general distribution. It is very well done and well explained.

I just hope our science education has been good enough for the general population to understand it. I doubt it, but I hope I'm wrong.
People will get what they can out of reading these articles. They may not understand all of it, but they will at least have been exposed to something far better than what's in the popular press or political propaganda.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There is also the area of statistics. It is hard to know exactly how many have died from Covid 19. This is due to co morbidity, lack of testing in the early stage and the ability of the disease to mimic other diseases.

So in the UK, if you take recorded deaths around 32,000 people have died. However if you correct for excess deaths over the same period as last year, then you come up with 50,000 as having died so far, which most believe is far nearer the truth. I no of know US stats, but I think the number do need to be corrected for excess deaths.
As soon as you spoke of "excess deaths compared to the same time periods from previous years" I remembered seeing graphs of that.

I found them, and many others, by searching for "excess deaths 2020 chart" on Google Images.

In England & Wales
1589512624125.png

And in the USA. Note the 2 areas in orange:
  • Orange with diagonal lines (Deaths attributed to Covid-19)
  • Plain orange (Excess deaths other than those attributed to Covid-19)
1589512777684.png

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
TLS Guy I need to just formally apologize to you and the other more scientific minded on this forum

You guys are right and I was wrong

I know I've been in favor very adamantly of reopening the economy and for altruistic reasons but not like this not like this not like Wisconsin and the post I just linked above

You are 100% correct that this will be a disaster especially in the winter if things open up without a plan

I guess I was hoping for a balanced response because in my heart I just never imagined 30 million unemployed and rising would or could be controlled by the government to make a sustained lockdown work I thought it was doomed to fail so I was hoping something else could be done with policy

I was hoping for something else

I was hoping for a pipe dream

I was a fool

We have no right to reopen to save lives if we just callously disregard the lives of others going through COVID and that's what's going on here I'm going to open up this won't hurt me and f you to everyone else

It's with a heavy heart that I go into work today

I'm sorry it took me so long to come around to what you and others were trying to tell me

I thought we were better then this as a nation I hoped we were

Really hurts to have to accept the truth

That's all I came on here to say
The thing is we should be able to reopen some things as @shadyJ said, but do it intelligently. The problem with the US is apparently, there isn't enough intelligence. People want to do what they want and don't want to be told what to do, but are TOTALLY fine telling other people what to do. Children.

We could easily do what Switzerland did and somewhat contain the virus, but we won't do it. People are packed into restaurants sitting side by side thinking nothing of it. Too many people will have to have this affect them directly for it to become real. They listen to all the BS being thrown at them by people they trust, but shouldn't. It's sad and it exposes how selfish so many in our country are.

The fact that people think bringing an AR-15 to guard a tattoo parlor from the police makes no sense and shouldn't be allowed. That guy just wanted to play pretend soldier without actually having the risk real soldiers and police have to deal with. It's stupid and childish. Yes it sucks that your business is suffering because you can't operate, but come on. That business owner would 100% expect the police to come to their aid if someone were to rob their store, but god forbid the police also do their job and stop them from opening.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sure do hope this Zombie apocalypse virus gets over with soon. To many have died from it Already!
On the lighter side of it with everyone Hoarding TP I believe I’ve found a Solution to the TP Shortage. It’s very cost Efficient doesn’t need to be Disposed of right away think flushing down the toilet . There is a old saying, When in Rome do as the Romans do. Here’s a pic of what can be used in place of Expensive toilet paper. It’s Washable and can be reused several or many times, just use gloves I recommend it for cleaning Purposes only. Can be used left handed or right don’t have to be as Politically correct as the Romans were. Or if you happen to be Wealthy and you have a butler just give him or her a nice Bonus at the end of the month. :)

24E59828-A8ED-47D0-A53B-7ECE7BF3F50C.jpeg

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Sure do hope this Zombie apocalypse virus gets over with soon. To many have died from it Already!
On the lighter side of it with everyone Hoarding TP I believe I’ve found a Solution to the TP Shortage. It’s very cost Efficient doesn’t need to be Disposed of right away think flushing down the toilet . There is a old saying, When in Rome do as the Romans do. Here’s a pic of what can be used in place of Expensive toilet paper. It’s Washable and can be reused several or many times, just use gloves I recommend it for cleaning Purposes only. Can be used left handed or right don’t have to be as Politically correct as the Romans were. Or if you happen to be Wealthy and you have a butler just give him or her a nice Bonus at the end of the month. :)

View attachment 36179
1589561070996.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 36179
Hah hah have you tested it out for safety for us yet? LMFAO that was pretty funny brother

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The thing is we should be able to reopen some things as @shadyJ said, but do it intelligently. The problem with the US is apparently, there isn't enough intelligence. People want to do what they want and don't want to be told what to do, but are TOTALLY fine telling other people what to do. Children.

We could easily do what Switzerland did and somewhat contain the virus, but we won't do it. People are packed into restaurants sitting side by side thinking nothing of it. Too many people will have to have this affect them directly for it to become real. They listen to all the BS being thrown at them by people they trust, but shouldn't. It's sad and it exposes how selfish so many in our country are.

The fact that people think bringing an AR-15 to guard a tattoo parlor from the police makes no sense and shouldn't be allowed. That guy just wanted to play pretend soldier without actually having the risk real soldiers and police have to deal with. It's stupid and childish. Yes it sucks that your business is suffering because you can't operate, but come on. That business owner would 100% expect the police to come to their aid if someone were to rob their store, but god forbid the police also do their job and stop them from opening.
Totally agreed what's really got me worried is what happens when one of these idiots actually pulls the trigger!

I'm starting to feel that some of these individuals are getting emboldened by there actions and the lack of consequences, they are pushing the envelope and not getting much push back I'm concerned about what happens if they push too far.

What really concerns me is our leadership up top we got an idiot in the most prestigious office in the country whose probably most likely to tweet something stupid and inflammatory such as "liberate" which he has done before

Combine that with the fact that and I may be wrong please correct me if I am but its just starting to feel like Republicans especially on the federal level are just pushing states to open and send people back to work banking on the fact that they are hoping the summer will help and they can pull some of the economy back to further there hopes for reelection

I think it puts a lot of pressure unfair pressure on the state's as they weigh on how to reopen

It's clear that the federal level is putting the ideas for states to reopen and how they should reopen up to the states.

But when you send messages like our so called president does and you undercut Wisconsin like they did and allow citizens to do what they've done here then your just cutting there knees out from under them

And sending a message to the people that they don't have to follow the mandates that eventually if they don't like the state's guidance on opening up this kind of behavior can get them what they want

It's a recipe really set up for a high risk of disaster

In psychiatric care we call a situation like this on the units staff splitting

Like Shady said the idea the presidency is not important has clearly been shown to be wrong good leadership could have kept this from happening

I'm praying that the summer helps somewhat although scientists don't know if this virus will be more dormant in the summer and that people don't get any more desperate because all it takes is those guns to start being used and we have a real problem

And I shudder to think of Trump's response to that because if it happens things could go downhill super quick

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 36179
If we need to do clinical trials before I put a vaccine for this virus in my body I think we need you to do clinical trials of this product before I'll put it on my butt.

Thank you for your sacrifice and commitment to all of us at audioholics we anxiously await your results from your tests! :p

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 36179
you could always take it to your County fair and peddle it as cotton candy ..........

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Isn't Pisscavitch and common surname in Wisconsin?
Couldn't find that name...yes, I tried.

We do have a ton of ethnic names. Ones that end in -ski, all your standard Italian and Germanic names. Throw in a dose of Norwegian, etc. and you have a lot of the names covered. Just thinking of the Polish names has me craving perogies. Might have to look into making my own this weekend. Problem is you can't stop at just one...

Milwaukee is full of ethnic festivals. Unfortunately, most of them are cancelled this year. Irishfest, Festa Italiana, Polish Fest, etc... That's some great music and some mighty fine food we will be missing out on this year summer.

I'm trying to stay out of the politics as it just raises my blood pressure and my doctor yells at me already for it. "Your blood pressure is so high!" Well duh, cause I know you are going to yell at me for it so I'm already tense waiting for the barrage of words.

I figure I'll stay at home and work on putting in the new radio into the wife's 2008 Mustang GT convertible I got her for Christmas. It was a low ball auction bid that wasn't low enough. Radio works, but the CD player doesn't so I figured I'll drop in an aftermarket unit that has CD, blue tooth, etc. NEed to see if the Shaker sub unit in the trunk works. So if anyone has any guidance on that, I'd be happy to take advice.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
you could always take it to your County fair and peddle it as cotton candy ..........
lolo No County fairs down here, what we do to have fun since we have Parishes no Counties. Rice Festival, Crawfish Festival, Sugarcane festival but no County fairs. But you just gave me a good Idea! In the County you live in, at those Fairgrounds you’ll see They called umm, Potty Johns. Well down here in the Bayou State we call Dem lil Stinky HotHouse. Most use up the TP Especially them Claudette looking woman down here dey gotta go.. go.. and go some more, dey use up all da dam Expensive toilet paper man! I get wit ya on dat very good money making Scheme you come up wit. Using dem at da big fun places. Since it is ya idea 1st I don’t want to be Infringing on your right to come back and say I took ya Idea for your cotton candy idea just in case you happen to see one of my Inventions hanging in side one of dem lil stinky hothouse. You’ll thank me late when you ain’t got no TP to wipe ya stinky butthole off. Those in dem stinky hothouse at ya County fair will be a one time use. Just put dat butt wipe in the Recycle bin outside. :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If we need to do clinical trials before I put a vaccine for this virus in my body I think we need you to do clinical trials of this product before I'll put it on my butt.

Thank you for your sacrifice and commitment to all of us at audioholics we anxiously await your results from your tests! :p

ps I just got a email back from one of them smart Billionaire from Dat Shark Tank show on TV! The Producer of dat Very famous TV show wants Me on dat show! But his Kept saying don’t bring any recycled ones just da one he saw on AH! Wish me luck brother! I won’t forget You cause some do when dey get become Rich and Famous!
Someone gotta Brighten ;) up the place on AH. God forbid anyone go outside the Boundaries!:D

Last edited:
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Couldn't find that name...yes, I tried.
Even Google failed, perhaps I should try to see if Bing is not that secretive :D

We do have a ton of ethnic names. Ones that end in -ski, all your standard Italian and Germanic names. Throw in a dose of Norwegian, etc. and you have a lot of the names covered. Just thinking of the Polish names has me craving perogies. Might have to look into making my own this weekend. Problem is you can't stop at just one...
Ethnic sounding names does not make them ethnic, in particular as many changed theirs when immigrating to USA to more easily blend in.

Milwaukee is full of ethnic festivals. Unfortunately, most of them are cancelled this year. Irishfest, Festa Italiana, Polish Fest, etc... That's some great music and some mighty fine food we will be missing out on this year summer.
I'm sure that that an ethnic US German Beer Festival feels just as authentic as the Münich Oktoberfest :rolleyes: This reminds me of a childhood friend that studied in USA in the 80'ies that told the following joke: "Do you know what is the similarity between US beer and a canoe? They are both fücking close to water!"

/End geezer rant

Tried Bing :eek:

1589572922994.png

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis