Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Hey, that's my car! :D

Saw the bird pictures, I got a couple. What's that saying again? Bird in the hand is worth....

Just kidding, my camera is only good enough to get pictures up close so that's what I do:eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hey, that's my car! :D

Saw the bird pictures, I got a couple. What's that saying again? Bird in the hand is worth....

Just kidding, my camera is only good enough to get pictures up close so that's what I do:eek:

Awesome pics! How'd you get the little guys to sit in your hand?

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Awesome pics! How'd you get the little guys to sit in your hand?
Hold some bird seed (they pick through to eat only the sunflower seeds though, so you can just buy those separately and save the hassle) in your hand and stand as still as you possibly can. The chickadees (black and white) are a lot more skiddish so if you start moving they'll fly away, or not land on your hand at all. The woodpeckers will just about land on your hand before you even put it out. It's a neat thing, haven't done it for about 10 years, back when I was 8-9 yrs old...

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Hold some bird seed (they pick through to eat only the sunflower seeds though, so you can just buy those separately and save the hassle) in your hand and stand as still as you possibly can. The chickadees (black and white) are a lot more skiddish so if you start moving they'll fly away, or not land on your hand at all. The woodpeckers will just about land on your hand before you even put it out. It's a neat thing, haven't done it for about 10 years, back when I was 8-9 yrs old...
Cool stuff. I remember a day a LONG time ago when I was a kid going to a park and there was a guy that had pigeons all over him, on his hands, arms and even some on his head. I asked him if I could do it and he said sure and had me sit still while he placed bird seed around me. The pigeons would eat it then he'd put the seed closer and closer to me until they would finally sit in my hand like your pictures. It was a cool experience.

Then another kid came along and asked to do the same thing. So the guy repeated the process and the other kid had pigeons in his hand too. Then the little punk tried to grab a pigeon and they ALL flew away! Little ****. :mad:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
are you a member of POTN? saw a member there post a pic similar to this one, but no seeds in the hand :)
Not sure what POTN is, so probably not.

Cool stuff. I remember a day a LONG time ago when I was a kid going to a park and there was a guy that had pigeons all over him, on his hands, arms and even some on his head. I asked him if I could do it and he said sure and had me sit still while he placed bird seed around me. The pigeons would eat it then he'd put the seed closer and closer to me until they would finally sit in my hand like your pictures. It was a cool experience.

Then another kid came along and asked to do the same thing. So the guy repeated the process and the other kid had pigeons in his hand too. Then the little punk tried to grab a pigeon and they ALL flew away! Little ****.
Them little kids sure can be annoying:p.

We didn't have that happen but...
Some guy came up to my fiancée and I and asked if we were part of a religious group because we were standing there with our arms out looking up. He didn't know we had seeds in our hands and we were looking up at the birds... :rolleyes:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
it's a Canon forum ...

here's the link to his posted pic:
Canon Digital Photography Forums - View Single Post - Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM -SIGMALUX-

he's from Canada as well.

Hey hey hey, I'm not from Canada! I'm actually from SE Michigan, but I go to school in the upper peninsula (UP) of Michigan. Hence the... Da UP eh. The people actually from the UP have stronger "Canadian" accents than most Canadians do, ironically. As well as people from Minnesota and northern Wisconsin.

But yeah, not from Canada ;)

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
This shot was taken outside on balcony of the hotel room we were staying at in Breck. The night was absolutely clear and I wanted to try and capture it. Unfortunately, I did not bring my tripod on the trip, so I had ghetto rig one using two stool and a a rag to prop up the lens.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
Nice, looks like Orion was just rising over the tree line.

Steve

R

redgirl

Junior Audioholic
Pretty awesome, especially considering the ghetto-rigging. Way to be resourceful!

R

redgirl

Junior Audioholic
Wow, apparently the birds in Michigan are way more friendly than the Canadian Geese I've dealt with in the past! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis