Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
;)

This picture really speaks to me. Beautiful shot.
When I was 'up there' I was simply awed by the sheer scale of folding of the hills in the Lochaber region, which is not my usual haunt. When I returned to earth :)D) and downloaded my photos I didn't consider myself to have any real beauties (this is 'big country' and as such can be difficult to 'fit' within my camera's limited angle of view - even at its widest). It wasn't until last night that I took the time to go through the photos properly and it was only then that I realised that actually, there were some good ones. Go figure eh? :)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
Those are impressive vistas Buckle. I would love to shoot there with a camera that can really capture the full range of tones with an ND grad and probably a polarizing filter. I imagine it's stunning there during sunrise or sunset when you get the best light.

obscbyclouds

obscbyclouds

Senior Audioholic
Here's a few from my vacation in Ireland last year. Inishowen, Co. Donegal.

It's hard to get the full scale from the pic, but it's still pretty

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief

I got this image in a forwarded email, just thought it was a great picture.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got this image in a forwarded email, just thought it was a great picture.
I love that picture. A buddy at work had that as his desktop picture, and every time I rounded the corner into his cube, it would catch me off guard a little bit.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i think the better question is ... is the photographer still alive?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The bull pic needs a caption.

Don't people die every year they do the March of the Bulls?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Oh boy that burger lost traction! Great pix!
Best reply ever. Hahaha!

I only have 1 picture... it's for the technically inclined.

What is out-of-place in this photo of my cars motor?

SheepStar

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
It's facing north from the south end of Irondequoit Bay in Rochester, NY. The exposure was about 3 minutes and 39 seconds long I think.

annunaki

annunaki

Best reply ever. Hahaha!

I only have 1 picture... it's for the technically inclined.

What is out-of-place in this photo of my cars motor?

SheepStar
Is that a shot looking into the cylinder? If so, What is that lump near the edge of the piston? Is that part of a piston ring? It definitely looks a bit dirty in there.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Is that a shot looking into the cylinder? If so, What is that lump near the edge of the piston? Is that part of a piston ring? It definitely looks a bit dirty in there.
The piston and rings are fine.. Car wasn't burning oil. Look in the coolant jacket in the block.. A gear head should know what is lodged down there.

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Is that a piece of the bottom of the sparkplug? The electrode perhaps?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Is that a piece of the bottom of the sparkplug? The electrode perhaps?
Close... I guess I'll have to tell.

When my motor was rebuilt before I bought the car, the 2 monkeys honed the cylinders. This is what a cylinder hone looks like..

What is down there is one of the stone's and the wire attached to it.

Yeah, some heads are going to roll...

SheepStar

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
The honers they've used on my cars where different, a spring loaded affair with four honing stones that were closed together once in cylinder a spring kept them tight against the cylinder wall while they spun, it sort of looked like a rocket. This is the first time I see that kind of set up.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis