x_X
@_@
>_>;;
*walks away*

F

farout

Audioholic Intern
farout

have you considered the new line of dennon receivers. good quality and inexpensive. i have 5 of them. great products and have never had a problem with any of them. the newer or older models.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No farout that's way more money than I have and I require my stereos to have TAPE,PHONO and CD Inputs. The older models of Dennon are good but I never owned one and don't know for sure if I ever will but would like too for sure. I had terrible luck my Onkyo just goes into PROTECTION MODE and Speaker Wires are NOT Short Circuited or Touching each other. They are 8 ohm and they are the original speakers that came as a package deal with that stereo when new! The Kenwood is the Onkyo's Replacement.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Whoever put that on my account please remove it I am very very knowledgeable about stereos And how to hook them up. Can it somehow be removed so I have a good reputation?
Well, like someone else said, you really have to earn it by giving good advice. Here's some examples of how NOT to earn it, and these are just from this thread. Remember, this is not your first thread.

OMG THIS THING IS STATE OF THE ART! at $400.00 and 500 Watts PER CHANNEL!
Really? 500 watts per channel? What model is that again?

Okay now who at this forum agrees with me that Kenwood should try marketing home audio in the USA again? In the stores these days we are basically left with 3 good choices Yamaha,Pioneer,Onkyo
Not me, and most likely others as well. Having been around then, there's some very good reasons that Kenwood folded their tent in the late 90's. Granted, in the 70's threy were great but things change. As for that "only three good brands", I think you should get some more knowledge of what's actually out there before telling others what to to.

Talk less. Listen more. Learn a LOT more.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Yes markw it is really 500 watts per channel again Sir the Model # VR-309 I don't know how you figure markw Kenwood was mostly JUNK in the 70's they only good receivers were the KR-9400,9600 at 120 or 160 watts per channel. The rest of Kenwood's Line of Stereo Receivers back then were pretty low powered. EXample KR-4070,KR-2400,KR-2090 @ 16 wpc,KR-5030. @ 60-65 wpc

I own a KR-4070 Myself Out in my garage Want to sell for about $15.00 on ebay! But NOT right now! It has a BAD RIGHT CHANNEL,and non Functional Input Selector Knob.

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
The Model of the Onkyo is AR-V410 it's a Integrated amp with separate AM/FM Tuner.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes markw it is really 500 watts per channel again Sir the Model # VR-309
From what I can find, that receiver is rated 500 watts output total, NOT per channel. You are very mistaken if you think that it can do 500 watts a channel. The Emotiva XPA-1 does 500 watts at 8 ohms in one channel, you really think that your kenwood can do that into 2 channels? You need a reality check :p

Found some more basic specs
http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/kenwood-vr-309-av/1707-6466-30097514.html

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No dkane360 I really mean't to say 100 watts per channel 100X5=500 so the amps total output power is 500.

KENWOOD IN THE 70's was NO GOOD Selling the KR-4070 it was just a cheap inexspensive 40 WPC Stereo Receiver. I want to sell it for $10.00 + the cost of shipping. It will be SOLD AS IS FOR REPAIR NON WORKING UNIT. NO RETURNS NO REFUNDS SO Please BUY ACCORDINGLY. I will try listing it for sale here or on ebay in the near future.

I wish MARKW would understand my point about DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME with those OLD 1970's KENWOOD Stereos.

Last edited:
E

Entity

Audioholic Intern
Not me, and most likely others as well. Having been around then, there's some very good reasons that Kenwood folded their tent in the late 90's.
I rather enjoyed my old VR-510 that came out back in the early 2000's. It was a decent quality receiver that included remote that was macro assignable for turning on other gear. Sure beats having to pay hundreds of dollars to get the same functionality out of Harmony remote these days.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I throughly enjoyed my dads 1997 Kenwood Surround Receiver 107VR but no TAPE DECK Connections what so ever!

E

Entity

Audioholic Intern
I honestly don't remember, I don't think it was rated at all channels driven. I do remember it being more than loud enough to hear all the way down the hall in the barracks (old style with community bathrooms) while playing Rogue Spear over our lan.

It ended up in a closet after I left the military in 2003. It then sat around in the original box in a closet for several years till I sold it on Ebay.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
You like my VR-309 Entity? markw just has a bad taste in stereos.
I'm NOT happy with how KENWOOD DOES THEIR CUSTOMERS WE want Home Audio in the USA NOW!
And you get an added bonus!

Kenwood's new VR-510 Home Theater Receiver is perfect for smaller home theater rooms and as the central component to any home entertainment system. With highlighting primary features like Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby PL II decoding, the VR-510 incorporates innovations typically not found on mid-priced receivers, such as the full array of THX management features, an aluminum front panel and "Zone B" preouts (L/R) for multi-zone operations.The VR-510's amplifier section is based on Kenwood's exclusive KAM-1 power amplifier circuitry. Component video switching, S-Video switching, digital audio inputs and outputs, 6-channel analog inputs, and audio preouts for L/C/R/LS/RS/Sub are included. CS Circle surround 5.1 and five audio DSP modes give the unit added audio playback flexibility. The VR-510 includes Kenwood's exclusive Pointless RF/IR pre-programmed learning remote control, which can communicate with the receiver without requiring line-of-sight. The remote's LCD readout will display titles of up to 600 discs when the VR-510 is used with select Kenwood CD and DVD changers. No manufacturer comes close to offering the combination of performance and convenience features found in Kenwood receivers at
comparable prices!

PS This was part of the Kenwood TOTL Sovereign line up released in 2001 with Touch Screen Remote Controls!

Last edited:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
You like my VR-309 Entity? markw just has a bad taste in stereos.
I'm NOT happy with how KENWOOD DOES THEIR CUSTOMERS WE want Home Audio in the USA NOW!
And you get an added bonus!

Kenwood's new VR-510 Home Theater Receiver is perfect for smaller home theater rooms and as the central component to any home entertainment system. With highlighting primary features like Dolby Digital, DTS, and Dolby PL II decoding, the VR-510 incorporates innovations typically not found on mid-priced receivers, such as the full array of THX management features, an aluminum front panel and "Zone B" preouts (L/R) for multi-zone operations.The VR-510's amplifier section is based on Kenwood's exclusive KAM-1 power amplifier circuitry. Component video switching, S-Video switching, digital audio inputs and outputs, 6-channel analog inputs, and audio preouts for L/C/R/LS/RS/Sub are included. CS Circle surround 5.1 and five audio DSP modes give the unit added audio playback flexibility. The VR-510 includes Kenwood's exclusive Pointless RF/IR pre-programmed learning remote control, which can communicate with the receiver without requiring line-of-sight. The remote's LCD readout will display titles of up to 600 discs when the VR-510 is used with select Kenwood CD and DVD changers. No manufacturer comes close to offering the combination of performance and convenience features found in Kenwood receivers at
comparable prices!

PS This was part of the Kenwood TOTL Sovereign line up released in 2001 with Touch Screen Remote Controls!
I can't tell if your trolling or if you honestly think kenwood is the best thing since sliced bread. You need to expand your horizons past kenwood and older equipment. It's fine if you like kenwood, but you seem absolutely obsessed with it, to the point where it's kind of bizarre and unnerving.

If you are actually here to contribute, I would learn about more modern equipment and learn the science behind it. Just shouting that your receiver is 500 watts a channel doesn't make you seem like you know what you're talking about. Those red squares aren't going anywhere if you refuse to listen and learn.

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
No clearly NOT interested in 70's 80's Stereo Receivers Too old would cost a lot to have repaired and most weren't all the powerful Except some Kenwood's,Nikko,Pioneers,Tandberg,Sansui. The modern equipment I own is my Onkyo equipment Kenwood VR-309 Receiver,Portable Jwin CD Player,a Emerson Boombox,Nintendo WII,PS2,DVD Recorder,Mach Speed MP3 Player. I have no use for an MP3 Player but love my portable CD Player and PS2. Really been wanting to get rid of a Harman Kardon AVR-55 Home Theater Receiver too it's only a 55 Watts Per Channel Unit. Everything is in good working order fully tested as always I take very good care of my stereo equipment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis