Considering the purchase of a stereo Receiver with Phono Input

Status
Not open for further replies.
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I have in mind a Kenwood VR-305 and a KR-V7040 I feel like I should purchase the 305 cause it's newer but could I hook up my ADC SS-300SL GRAPHIC EQUALIZER up to it? Either Receiver would be a great buy though Budget to spend no more than maybe $130.00 total.
I'm open to other AV Receivers SONY,PIONEER,DENON,Onkyo,NIKKO I need to have 100 watts or more I thought I heard that Onkyo SK-1 Speakers had thermal Shutdown to protect them from too much power!

Last edited:
dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
For an Onkyo to have a phono input it has to be a 700 series or higher. You know the phono input is used for turntables, right?

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I hate Separates going back to Receivers The AM/FM Tuners work way better!

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Well I didn't end up with the KR-V7040 It's way too old or the VR-305. I bought a Kenwood VR-309! I just figured why waste my time with a 20 year old stereo!

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
I think My SOUND SYSTEM is pretty HIGHEND

The SOUND SYSTEM that KICKS BUTT
KENWOOD VR-309 Stereo Receiver
TANDBERG Reel-Reel
KENWOOD KX-48C Stereo Cassette Deck
KENWOOD Stereo Cassette Deck KX-W6020
ONKYO SK-1 Speakers
KENWOOD Rear Surround Sound Speakers
TEAC PD-80 Single Disc CD Player
REALISTIC STEREO 8-TRACK Deck (Playback Only)

PS: I also have another ONKYO Double Cassette Deck
ONKYO DXC-111 6 DISC CAROUSEL CD CHANGER
For another Sound System many years down the road from now!

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
markw I wanted something with more power and something that wasn't a look a like to my other stereo. I just never understood why my Onkyo Integrated amp had a red light right on the actual Volume Control Knob itself?

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
UPDATE MY 8 track is still going into this OUTSTANDING HIGHEND SOUND SYSTEM!

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
THE UPDATED POST OF MY HIGHEND SOUND SYSTEM
I couldn't EDIT my exsisting post so I'm doing this

KENWOOD Stereo Receiver VR-309
ONKYO SK-1 Stereo Speakers
TEAC PD-80 SINGLE DISC CD Player
TANDBERG 9200XD Reel-Reel
KENWOOD KX-48C Cassette Deck
KENWOOD Stereo Cassette Deck KX-W6020
ADC Stereo Graphic Equalizer SS-300SL
Realistic TR-167 Stereo 8-Track Deck
SONY Direct Drive Turntable PS-T33
KENWOOD Rear Surround Sound Speakers

Last edited:
sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
markw I wanted something with more power and something that wasn't a look a like to my other stereo. I just never understood why my Onkyo Integrated amp had a red light right on the actual Volume Control Knob itself?
To match your rep :p

J/K ;)

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Whoever put that on my account please remove it I am very very knowledgeable about stereos And how to hook them up. Can it somehow be removed so I have a good reputation?

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
My NEW to me Stereo Receiver only has 1 TAPE INPUT I think I Can just feed the rest of my Tape Decks to my EQ. OMG THIS THING IS STATE OF THE ART! at $400.00 and 500 Watts PER CHANNEL!

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Whoever put that on my account please remove it I am very very knowledgeable about stereos And how to hook them up. Can it somehow be removed so I have a good reputation?
You get positive rep when you show that you are helpful to others in the forum. The only posts you seem to make are asking what old equipment you should buy. Read around the forums, learn about modern equipment, and help others by providing accurate and pertinent information. Green chicklets will soon follow :D

TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
dkane360 Thank You very much for the advice How do you like my Kenwood Stereo and the rest of my Sound System? The Receiver was purchased from a really good ebay seller with a feedback score of 6,871 Positive Username Igggone please I reccomend you buy your audio gear from him! There are good deals on JVC,Pioneer,Teac,Nikko just to name a few and many others as well!

Last edited:
TapeMaster

TapeMaster

Audioholic
Okay now who at this forum agrees with me that Kenwood should try marketing home audio in the USA again? In the stores these days we are basically left with 3 good choices Yamaha,Pioneer,Onkyo and what if someone still wanted to use a turntable in their setup? In my opinion that is NOT a big enough selection in the stores for surround Sound and Stereo Receivers.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Okay now who at this forum agrees with me that Kenwood should try marketing home audio in the USA again? In the stores these days we are basically left with 3 good choices Yamaha,Pioneer,Onkyo and what if someone still wanted to use a turntable in their setup? In my opinion that is NOT a big enough selection in the stores for surround Sound and Stereo Receivers.
When I hear kenwood, I just think of old stereo equipment and cheap car stereos. The name doesn't exactly scream quality like it may have many years ago (I'm not old enough to know :p). There are plenty of good choices out there without adding another competitor who would just be rebadging the same cheap chinese stuff.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
TapeMaster
When ever you're ready to move on to Betamax let me know I have a few of them. For some reason I think that's your next move. I'll give you "Cream" Live at Albert Hall for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis