avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Did this happen when you reinstalled your OS fresh? If so, you probably don't have the proper memory card reader drivers installed. If this is right, go to whatever company makes the computer, look for the support/downloads section (should be by model number) and download the reader drivers to install. You can check under the "Control Panel" in the "Devices" section. Do you have any yellow exclimations?

Those other drives should only show up when they are actually plugged into the computer.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
No. It was working after that. It just stopped in the last couple of days.

Holy cow...this thread pulled Andrew out of the woodworks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I went to the Dell website and found a download that said it could fix issues with the SD reader. I downloaded it and now all my "drives with removable storage" are back. The download picture thing works now too so I think we are done.

Here is a picture of my fancy new HDMI cables just to prove that my picture issue is corrected.

Did this happen when you reinstalled your OS fresh? If so, you probably don't have the proper memory card reader drivers installed. If this is right, go to whatever company makes the computer, look for the support/downloads section (should be by model number) and download the reader drivers to install. You can check under the "Control Panel" in the "Devices" section. Do you have any yellow exclimations?

Those other drives should only show up when they are actually plugged into the computer.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Dawg, where did you get those angled HDMI ports/cables? Thanks.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Highlander is correct, those are the fancy $3 angle plugs from Monoprice. They received mixed reviews but what did I care; for 3 bucks, I was willing to give them a try. They do seem a little flimsy but work fine plus they go well with my fancy $9 HDMI cables.

Which reminds me...the HDMI cables are too stiff. This is the first non-BJC HDMI I have tried.

Which also reminds me...I hate how Panasonic changed the inputs to the side, of the back, of the display. It works for me because the side they are on is towards the closed part of the room but if they were on the other side, you would see every cable. My older Panny had them in the middle which was better.

Which reminds me, maybe I will have a new outlet installed right behind the display to hide the power cable and then run the HDMIs in the wall.

This thread reminds me that I have yet to have any coffee this morning.

Which reminds me that today I am installing flood lights, can lights and the display for the patio.

That reminds me that I have some reports due for work and I shouldn't be on here.

But...that reminds me that I have a few questions left on the way I should hook up the outdoor display.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis