Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Maybe the computer hasn't asked it yet... or it's too stupid to ask it...

Hello? *taps mic* Is this thing on?

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
In honor of my calculus 3 professor in college, I offer this modification of his classic line:

There are no stupid computer questions. Only stupid computer users.

LOL!

Original: There are no stupid questions, only stupid students.

Man, Dawg not actually posting the question is just gonna open the floodgates of Off-Topicness. :D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe he wants to know where the pr0n button is on the keyboard?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So for the past 3 years, when I want to transfer my pictures to the computer, I just pop the SD card into the computer. I have no idea what happens but a little window pops up and asks if I want "something" to download my pictures. I click "yes".

Now when I pop the SD card in nothing happens. How do I get this back like it was? I haven't changed anything that I know of.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So for the past 3 years, when I want to transfer my pictures to the computer, I just pop the SD card into the computer. I have no idea what happens but a little window pops up and asks if I want "something" to download my pictures. I click "yes".

Now when I pop the SD card in nothing happens. How do I get this back like it was? I haven't changed anything that I know of.
This "little window" which "pops up and asks if" you "want something" called autorun.

Since you didn't mention you OS version - this linky - should cover most windows version fixes.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Don't make me read that, I know nothing about computers.

It's Vista.
This "little window" which "pops up and asks if" you "want something" called autorun.

Since you didn't mention you OS version - this linky - should cover most windows version fixes.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
From Bored's link:

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP/Vista)

1) Plug in the USB Drive

2) Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

3) Right-click the USB DRIVE and select Properties from the menu.

4)Select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

6) Select OK.

7) Have Scotch because that was stressful.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think this is where the issue comes into play. I no longer see any of the other drives under the "computer" screen. All I see is OS, RECOVERY, DVD and my external hard drive. I think the other drives used to be on there.
From Bored's link:

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP/Vista)

1) Plug in the USB Drive

2) Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

3) Right-click the USB DRIVE and select Properties from the menu.

4)Select the AutoPlay tab.

5) Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

6) Select OK.

7) Have Scotch because that was stressful.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis