speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Wow Phil, I had no idea. I’m sure you already know this, but it bears repeating – Where your mother is going defies definition. For certain, there is no pain, no strife, no worries, no sickness, no bad feelings…and on top of that, she will be a guiding force in your life for the rest of your life in ways you can’t even imagine.

I pray for peace for you, your family, friends and those charged with taking care of your mother. Seek solace where ever you need, it will be there…and here.

Craig
Very nice post Craig. It is most appreciated. I agree that where she is going is a place of total peace-no more suffering. To my surprise, my Mom is hanging in there and NOT giving up just yet. Changes in her meds will give her a bit more time. Of course, it is only delaying the inevitable. Thanks for your support. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
My thoughts are with you an your mom, Phil.

Remember that we'll be here for you to help you take your mind off things.

-Doug
Thanks a bunch Doug. Guys like you make this easier to deal with. In other words, this site is more like family to me AND is full of great people. This is why I prefer to hang here more than any other website. ;):);) Appreciate your support.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You and your mom are in our prayers Phil.
Sounds like the two of you are close; find some comfort in that fact. Many people haven't had half the relationship your mom has given you.
It sounds like she has been through so much, and I'm sure you hate to see her suffer.

My wife and I are very sorry for the sad news.

Regards,
Rick
Rick, thank you for the prayers. You are correct in that I am very close to my Mom and I cherish every moment of it. However, she has grown weak and is quite exhausted. Sometimes, it is best to cut the cord. That time is near. I appreciate your support. :):)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This is a tough time. I've been there with my dad. Years of him struggling with congestive heart failure left him a shell of the strapping 6' 1" tank of an army guy. There's so many emotions... sadness, anger, guilt, selfishness... you name it. It's all there.

I feel for you my friend. I'll be thinking about you and your family.
Chris, my Mom has congestive heart failure too. Like you, I have been and still are going through all of the same emotions you did. As you and I both know, it is just a tough thing to go through. Really appreciate your kind words. It does mean a lot to me my friend. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, I have no words that haven't already been spoken! Just be strong and stay by her side because each and every moment she'll be able to sense your presence and help her through her journey.:(

Sincerely, Bill
Thanks Billy, I appreciate your support. It goes a long ways my friend. Guys like you, as well as many others here, are good people. This is why I like it here and consider many of you part of my family. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Phil,

I'm glad to hear that she's doing a little better for a little longer. It's good that you have been doing the right thing all along for your mom. Keep doing so and your grief will be easier to bear.

-Alex

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Phil,

I'm glad to hear that she's doing a little better for a little longer. It's good that you have been doing the right thing all along for your mom. Keep doing so and your grief will be easier to bear.

-Alex
Once again, thanks so very much Alex. I do plan to do what I can until the end. My Mom has had a good life and is one heck of a woman. She never complains and is quite independent. However, she always is so caring and would help anyone in need. Hence, I am hopeful she will continue to fight in such dire circumstances. Your kind words help a lot my friend. Hope all is well your way. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Phil, I'm very sad for you and your family, and I'm happy that your Mom has some more time to spend with you all.

You might have said this already, but has your Mom told you her wishes regarding being put on a machine? I hope that isn't too personal of a question. I ask because knowing what she wants will likely make her happier, as well as you (in the future, as nothing can really help your sense of loss afterwards).

Keep your faith, brother. You won't be losing her. You'll just lose contact for a few years, but she'll be waiting in a better place.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, I'm very sad for you and your family, and I'm happy that your Mom has some more time to spend with you all.

You might have said this already, but has your Mom told you her wishes regarding being put on a machine? I hope that isn't too personal of a question. I ask because knowing what she wants will likely make her happier, as well as you (in the future, as nothing can really help your sense of loss afterwards).

Keep your faith, brother. You won't be losing her. You'll just lose contact for a few years, but she'll be waiting in a better place.
Hi Adam. At this point in time, my Mom does not want any life support whatsoever. She told me she would rather pass than to continue living like she is. Therefore, all of that has already been decided. However, my Mom is doing a bit better and was able to take the breathing mask off. This is mainly due to changing some of her meds around. As such, her breathing was not as labored as it was when I went home last night. We are hopeful this will continue. Thanks for your kind words my friend. Like many here it really means a lot to me. Hope all is well your way. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

J

jamie2112

Banned
Phil I am saddened to here this news. I know you have had a heck of a time lately. I can only give a little insight which is: your mom has lived a long happy life and she is with loved ones who care for her very much. That has got to be somewhat of an ease to her mind as well as yours buddy. I am sorry you are dealing with this but life is hard sometimes as we are all well aware.I hope for the best to come out of this situation for you Phil. I know this is hard Phil but keep your head up my brother you have been thru alot,and you may have a bit more on your plate to swallow.We are all here for you Phil and if there is anything I can do please let me know.I will say that my buddy Tom is doing AIC's sound this year so I will be able to hook you up when they come around KY so at least you have that to look forward to buddy. My prayers are with you and you family Phil, best, Jamie....

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Phil,
I'm sorry you're going through a painful time right now. I'm sure it eases your mother a great deal knowing she has a caring son that has stood by her all this time.
Here's hoping for the best. Take care.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil I am saddened to here this news. I know you have had a heck of a time lately. I can only give a little insight which is: your mom has lived a long happy life and she is with loved ones who care for her very much. That has got to be somewhat of an ease to her mind as well as yours buddy. I am sorry you are dealing with this but life is hard sometimes as we are all well aware.I hope for the best to come out of this situation for you Phil. I know this is hard Phil but keep your head up my brother you have been thru alot,and you may have a bit more on your plate to swallow.We are all here for you Phil and if there is anything I can do please let me know.I will say that my buddy Tom is doing AIC's sound this year so I will be able to hook you up when they come around KY so at least you have that to look forward to buddy. My prayers are with you and you family Phil, best, Jamie....
Thanks so much Jamie for your kind words. It really does mean a lot. I also agree that life at times is a bit overwhelming. However, I am attempting to remain strong for my Mom. They brought my younger brother from jail yesterday to see her. That is when I really broke down. My Mom was so happy to get to see him. She even had a smile on her face. :):) Anyways, AIC would make for a great show. Appreciate you offering my friend. Hope all is well your way.

Cheers,

Phil

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Phil..

My prayers are with you and your family. Losing a loved family member is never easy, and we're here to offer support in any way we can.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil,
I'm sorry you're going through a painful time right now. I'm sure it eases your mother a great deal knowing she has a caring son that has stood by her all this time.
Here's hoping for the best. Take care.
Thanks a lot my friend. Appreciate your kind words as it makes all the difference. Right now, my Mom is merely hanging on by a thread. In fact, if it were not for the oxygen they are giving her she would be gone. Only God knows when her time is up, but it is close. I just don't want her to suffer any more than necessary. BTW, my Mom looked like an angel today. Soon, she will be at peace and all her pain /suffering will end. :):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil..

My prayers are with you and your family. Losing a loved family member is never easy, and we're here to offer support in any way we can.
Thank you for your prayers and warm thoughts. It has been a rough one today. That is, my Mom is hanging in there by a thread. My guess is, it won't be too much longer now.

Cheers,

Phil

DTS-HD MA

DTS-HD MA

Junior Audioholic
Speakerman 39, I just mentioned your situation to my wife and want to let you know that we prayed, praying and will continue to do so for you in addition to the wonderful family and friends you seem to have on this great site.
I will leave you with this, hope you don't mind:

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil; for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
Thou hast anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. ( PSALM 23 )

God Bless,

Costello, Carolyn & Willy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Speakerman 39, I just mentioned your situation to my wife and want to let you know that we prayed, praying and will continue to do so for you in addition to the wonderful family and friends you seem to have on this great site.
I will leave you with this, hope you don't mind:

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil; for Thou art with me;
Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou dost prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
Thou hast anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. ( PSALM 23 )

God Bless,

Costello, Carolyn & Willy
Wow, thank you so much for such a great post. You are correct in that I have a lot of friends on this website. In fact, I consider them a very important part of my family. I also really enjoyed reading that verse from the Bible. I have read it several times myself as it is one of my favorites. I also appreciate you taking the time to say a prayer. Bless you and your family for doing so. Hope things are well your way. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
Phil,

You must be feeling a lot of emotions at the moment. The words dying and terminally-ill strike terror in the hearts of many--not because they fear death because most people actually say they don't have a fear of death. What dying people DO fear is living in pain and becoming a burden to their loved ones. No matter what you may have heard, pain management IS possible, and it does NOT mean being "drugged up" and "out of touch." You can help your mom be pain-free and alert through this transition. You're an awesome person!

My prayers are with you, mom and family members.

Yvette

Last edited by a moderator:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil,

You must be feeling a lot of emotions at the moment. The words dying and terminally-ill strike terror in the hearts of many--not because they fear death because most people actually say they don't have a fear of death. What dying people DO fear is living in pain and becoming a burden to their loved ones. No matter what you may have heard, pain management IS possible, and it does NOT mean being "drugged up" and "out of touch." You can help your mom be pain-free and alert through this transition. You're an awesome person!

My prayers are with you, mom and family members.

Yvette
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. My Mom is hanging in there, but her blood pressure is really low and keeps dropping. She is also on pure oxygen now at full pressure. Without it, she would pass. To be honest, I am not too sure how long she wants to keep fighting. Hence, she told my sister yesterday she had about (2) days left. Sometimes, they know more than the rest of us. At any rate, your kind words mean a lot and I can NOT thank you enough. I really appreciate your support. Hope all is well your way. :);):)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Update!

Folks, my Mom is still hanging in there. She looks somewhat comfortable given the circumstances. However, I can see that look on her face that scares me. That is, she is very much aware that her time left is short AND that we all know it too. As such, it is very hard to keep from breaking down. With the grace of God, I have been able to keep it together for the time being. Thanks to all of you that has offered their support. I also appreciate all of your prayers. :):)

Cheers

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis