Comcast HD in San Francisco, CA

mistergsf

mistergsf

Junior Audioholic
We have one HD channel, TNT-HD, that consistently has video/audio sync problems but all other HD broadcasts are great.

My Onkyo receiver has a Lip Sync feature that I've only had to use in conjunction with movies played on my Samsung blu-ray player but never used for cable broadcast channels.

I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle dealing with Comcast just for this one channel that I'm having issues with. Also, if I use the Lip Sync feature adjustment for this one channel, will it "throw off" the sync on my other channels?

Anyone have or experienced a similar issue? Thanks for your time.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
We have one HD channel, TNT-HD, that consistently has video/audio sync problems but all other HD broadcasts are great.
Yep. Some movies are worse than others too.

I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle dealing with Comcast just for this one channel that I'm having issues with.
I'm not sure what you imply when you say "dealing", but good luck, cuz you'll need it!

Also, if I use the Lip Sync feature adjustment for this one channel, will it "throw off" the sync on my other channels?
Yep.

Anyone have or experienced a similar issue? Thanks for your time.
Everybody does, to some extent or another. You can drive yourself mad, and nitpick, or try your best to ignore it. If I were in your shoes, I'd just try to stay away from that channel. Sorry, man. I'm pretty sure TLS Guy blames this kind of thing on poor performing SMPTE engineers.

mistergsf

mistergsf

Junior Audioholic
Yep. Some movies are worse than others too.

I'm not sure what you imply when you say "dealing", but good luck, cuz you'll need it!

Yep.

Everybody does, to some extent or another. You can drive yourself mad, and nitpick, or try your best to ignore it. If I were in your shoes, I'd just try to stay away from that channel. Sorry, man. I'm pretty sure TLS Guy blames this kind of thing on poor performing SMPTE engineers.
Thanks so much for your response! I think you know what I mean about "dealing" with my cable company. That's why I thought I would ask. I'm not going to nitpick. I'm generally satisfied with my HD service right now. TNT-HD had a couple of movies on recently that I wanted to watch and the sync was all over the place that it was frustrating. In addition, it's the only channel that doesn't have the best viewing quality compared to the rest. I can certainly stay away from it but when I think of how much I pay for cable, it really irks me! Again, thank you.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
You are very welcome. Enjoy! (well, what you can). :p

O

oldhifiguy

Enthusiast
best thing is to junk cable and go directv satellite.
I'm in san jose

nova

nova

Full Audioholic
Considering you have Comcast HD,... I'd say you're lucky you only have a complaint about 1 channel. When I had Comcast, almost every HD and SD channel had drop out and pixelation issues.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis