A

AdrianMills

Full Audioholic
I think people should be more careful about differentiating between "bad” movies and movies that they didn't particularly enjoy.

And really, Cloverfield is not a bad film. Sure it doesn't follow the usual Hollywood formula (a plus in my book) but the acting is ok, the visual and audio effects are pretty good and it's an enjoyable movie if it happens to appeal to your tastes. I can understand that some people just wouldn't get the movie though.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think people should be more careful about differentiating between "bad” movies and movies that they didn't particularly enjoy.

And really, Cloverfield is not a bad film. Sure it doesn't follow the usual Hollywood formula (a plus in my book) but the acting is ok, the visual and audio effects are pretty good and it's an enjoyable movie if it happens to appeal to your tastes. I can understand that some people just wouldn't get the movie though.
What's to get? Dark monster attacks NYC. People die. Big explosions. Fun CG and LFE.

This is a thought-free movie. :rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the monster looked very LAME.

They should have done 2 things:

1) Put awesome dragons in there, and
2) Get rid of that damn camcorder.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Most of us who watch Sci-Fi do turn off our brains.

I mean none of us actually believe that Superman or Spiderman or X-Men or Hulk, etc., exist. We turn off our brains. That is the only reason we are able to love Sci-Fi in the first place.

I we did not like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of The Rings, etc., because they were REAL. We turned off our brains.

I love monster movies (Godzilla, Reign of Fire, LORT, SW, etc.). Most of them DO NOT have great plots. But they are not too retarded.

But who the heck would be holding on to a damn camcorder with dear life when monsters are killing everyone? It's retarded.

Get rid of the camcorder, and the movie would not be as bad!:D

Oh, and you want to save your girlfriend's life and risk your life in the process? Hey, that's cool. I hardly know you. But I will risk my own life and follow you to the end! I will die for you and your girlfriend!:rolleyes:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Meh, to each their own then. :)

I give this movie two thumbs up whether anyone agrees or not. ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I give it two thumbs up

I very much liked this movie. I liekd thed initmate feel of a "camcorder" moment although at first I was put off by that. I think the reason for this was I felt they spent too much time in the party scene introducing people and characters that faded out too early in the monster chase scenes. Once the party scene finally ended, I really liked this flick. My only other complaint that I have is with the monster. Did this dam thing actually shoot out fireballs as witnessed early in the movie? That part of the film I found inconsistent.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
My only complaint is that I wished they shot with the Sony F23 CineAlta throughout the whole movie. You could see that the visual quality of the movie suffered when they went to the rough top shooting with that Panasonic AG-HVX200--awful noise in the dark parts.

tn001d

tn001d

Senior Audioholic
Just saw this movie.. Its wasnt bad i give it a "B"

I think it had a lot of potential to have been much better though, more like War of the Worlds.

The hand held camera was exagerated too much "almost" to the point of distracting.

I found it hard to imagine the monster wasnt killed from all the missle strikes from planes and tanks.

crashkelly

crashkelly

Full Audioholic
Most of us who watch Sci-Fi do turn off our brains.

I mean none of us actually believe that Superman or Spiderman or X-Men or Hulk, etc., exist.
Oh sure, next you are going to ruin my day even more by telling me there is no Santa Claus either :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap! I finally got around to watching this on Blu-ray and it has quite a bit of LFE. Not the craziest I've heard, but a LOT of it. The movie is better than most said it was IMO, but it isn't exactly great. It is more like a thrill ride than anything - the sound made it that much more fun.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
This movie has great sounds..but lack of thrills for me....C-

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Watched the SD DVD version today. You know what? Except for the beginning, I thought the movie was pretty good. Some decent LFE for sure. A couple of scenes had me thinking my walls were going to crack. I thought it was a pretty cool concept. I guess I'm in the minority.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
I really liked the fun. Its fun, suspense stuff. I haven't seen it with the ultra yet :eek: so I'm guessing that will livin' things up a bunch. And the party scene is much better 2nd time around, and quite funny at spots. I think you have time to check out the interaction closer.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief

Oh and BTW, it only came out on BD 2 weeks ago.
pls don't be offended by my post. It was only a joke.

Like Will Ferrell says in SemiPro: "Everybody LOVES everybody!!" on this forum! :)

itschris

itschris

You know what always amazes me about any monster movie... the character always find themselves right where the monster happens to be? I mean... how is that? Let's see how this works:

- WHOA!!!!! Close call! Almost got killed by monster
- Monster goes north on 5th Ave stomping, killing, and destroying everything in it's path
- Let's run as fast as we can east on 1st street to 4th Ave then head north
- If we hurry, we can get ahead of the monster detroying everything, then cut back west on 9th Street back to 5th avenue and be right back in it's way!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
OK, so the monster is being shot at from every angle. Is it not smart enough to LEAVE? I thought it was a decent popcorn flick.

itschris

itschris

OK, so the monster is being shot at from every angle. Is it not smart enough to LEAVE? I thought it was a decent popcorn flick.

Yeah... I don't even like being bit by mosquitos. That's enough to make me toast my marshmellows inside. I guess monsters just don't get it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis