stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Just watch the movie, make sure you don't go to a crap theater to watch it. Keep your eyes peeled at the end.:D
I know why, I spoiled it for me, I went to wikipedia and looked up the movie. I wasn't going to go I'll Netflix it.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
I liked it and felt the tension was pretty steady once the shite hit the fan. I'll definitly get this on.....whatever, when it comes out. There's more but I'm tired.

Mark
Polk Audio CS

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
I liked it too. Yes, the jerky camera was annoying at times, but this was a great perspective on what would have otherwise been another boring disaster movie.

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
I just got back from the theatre and man oh man. Way better than expected. The handycam effect actually made it pretty damn intense once the **** went down. Ohh and I went to a digital theatre and all I can say is the bass!!!!!!!!!

I tried to pay close attention at the end when they showed the water at coney island but I didn't see anything. :( Someone tell me plz!!!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I just got back from the theatre and man oh man. Way better than expected. The handycam effect actually made it pretty damn intense once the **** went down. Ohh and I went to a digital theatre and all I can say is the bass!!!!!!!!!

I tried to pay close attention at the end when they showed the water at coney island but I didn't see anything. :( Someone tell me plz!!!
You know the answer, Wikipedia. I haven't seen it, car payments + Juno has eaten up my spending money. I will see if though, soon enough. Hook ups to theaters rules.

SheepStar

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I hope the jerky cam is not as bad as Blairwitch. I remembered two girls threw up after the movie. I am still considering of going.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
You guys are rude on movies! lol At least give it a try! :p

War of the worlds metts Blairwitch project.

80 minutes ouch.

Looks like good CGI.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
What I find intriguing is that suddenly it's okay to destroy NYC again in movies. That was a big Hollywood theme for a while, then of course 9/11 happened, and nobody would touch a movie like this with a ten-foot pole. Now it appears that it's back on again.

I would like to see it, but might have to go the DVD rental route. :D

Omega Supreme

Omega Supreme

Audioholic
I saw it last night and thought it was great. Great bass and surround effects. You do get some good shots of the monster. I was worried about that also. I also had a hunch that J.J. may have something at the end of the credits and he did. Too bad I couldn't make it out :confused:. The credits are worth setting thru if only for the great score. I would give it 9.5/10.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
***SPOLIER***

The credits teaser is a voice saying "It's still alive".....backwards.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I thought it was "target still active," I haven't seen the movie yet, but I wikipedia it.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
as in like old school cassette tape backwards? so is it even understandable?
I have no idea. I didn't understand it in the theater and when I "read" what it said, it didn't make anymore sense. It was a pretty decent marketing concept behind the whole effort and the movie had some hype that actually worked....unlike, Snakes on a Plane. That being said, SOAP is a fun movie.

I've read, that they may do a sequel based on the military version of events.....anyone else?

Mark

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I have no idea. I didn't understand it in the theater and when I "read" what it said, it didn't make anymore sense. It was a pretty decent marketing concept behind the whole effort and the movie had some hype that actually worked....unlike, Snakes on a Plane. That being said, SOAP is a fun movie.

I've read, that they may do a sequel based on the military version of events.....anyone else?

Mark
Hey Mark,

That's the rumours, they might do a take on the military/creature event, as to where the creature comes from and how the military dealt with it. It looks like the creature is an alien life form as it is shown dropping into sea.

dorokusai

dorokusai

Full Audioholic
Hey Mark,

That's the rumours, they might do a take on the military/creature event, as to where the creature comes from and how the military dealt with it. It looks like the creature is an alien life form as it is shown dropping into sea.
I read some spoliers on it, didn't notice the splash but my wife did, and she proceeded to exploit that fact later :)

That would be cool since I can dig that as another movie, and more monster oriented.

I loved it, bring it.

Mark

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Where are you guys finding this information? I want to watch it but I am awaiting payment.

SheepStar

Just saw it - the in-cam version will make you less seasick. I just love movies with no endings. JJ Abrams is my new favorite person to hate in the industry. Star Trek is doomed.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis