Climate Change (For Those That Respect Science)

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Well aware of this. We have already moved our boats out of the water in Kings Bay Crystal River from my son-in-laws get away and they are back safe in Ocala. Today we are helping my sister get her place in Ocala ready, then back to my home in Volusia County. .
Good luck to you all.
I feel blessed to live near Pittsburgh.
This is kind of a null area for severe weather events.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Until the next extinction level impact. :D
Of humans? Without humans to constantly keep other critters in check, the effects of the carelessness and hunting to extinction of other species that have already occurred will cause huge imbalances in population of various animals that would be difficult to predict.

However, I suspect a huge sigh of relief from the planet in the event if humans were to be eliminated.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Well aware of this. We have already moved our boats out of the water in Kings Bay Crystal River from my son-in-laws get away and they are back safe in Ocala. Today we are helping my sister get her place in Ocala ready, then back to my home in Volusia County. .
Good luck and stay safe! Franklin is missing us, as it has turned out further into the Atlantic. And, Idalia looks like it will do the same long before reaching us. We don't need any more problems here, after our spring wild fires and summer flooding. There are still areas that haven't recovered from Fiona, from last year.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Humans just have a way of just screwing sh$$ up all by themselves and then Mother Nature comes in and cleans up after them...
Some say a comet will fall from the sky
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh!ts

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Of humans? Without humans to constantly keep other critters in check, the effects of the carelessness and hunting to extinction of other species that have already occurred will cause huge imbalances in population of various animals that would be difficult to predict.

However, I suspect a huge sigh of relief from the planet in the event if humans were to be eliminated.
Well, I was thinking of most everything going extinct, similar to the last 5 such events.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Not going to really matter after the first comment you made, as it will be a calamitous event and nobody would notice the others :D

highfigh

highfigh

Well, I was thinking of most everything going extinct, similar to the last 5 such events.
I was thinking that humans would be responsible or their/our demise but other species would survive. The idea that humans would be so stupid that we kill every specie pisses me off to an unbelievable degree but to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Meteors/asteroids require a bit of chance and timing but creating a lethal virus needs planning or an accidental/intentional release- we just saw what can happen with that.

highfigh

highfigh

Do you think it would help to pack the dumbfounded dipshits into the faults as a way to stop the leaks at the volcanoes?

C

Chinaski

Audioholic Intern
It's all good, AI will solve the crisis by eliminating the problem......, us. More power to 'em ;o)

Insightful.
Back in the 60's we got warned a lot about world population.
This seems to have been forgotten about...it's not just the numbers, it's the implications.
Every citizen of this planet wants the same thing. A comfortable life, with all the modern comforts they can get...a home, a car, a job, food, water, clothing..the list is endless.
Does the Earth have enough ?
It could if all things were done perfectly.
Can millenia of doing things wrong be undone ? Maybe.
It's going to really hurt getting there if we can and if we do.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Living here in north St Augustine FLA. I feel we have dodged a bullet. Hurricane Idalia was forecast to hit Tampa Bay head on as a cat 3 then make its way to Jacksonville as a cat 1 or 2. Bad news for me. Then it moved north and west and diminished the damage. The water in the Gulf of Mexico is in the mid 80s and warm water temp acts as fuel for hurricanes. Whether climate change is human caused or not it is real and seems to be getting worse. Only 2 to 3 inches of rain but still 40 - 50 mph winds.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Whether climate change is human caused or not it is real and seems to be getting worse. Only 2 to 3 inches of rain but still 40 - 50 mph winds
Why hedging about whether or not the climate change is human caused or not? It is.

The frequency of extreme weather events will increase and already have.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Why hedging about whether or not the climate change is human caused or not? It is.

The frequency of extreme weather events will increase and already have.
Our planet has had multiple major weather shifts through its 4-billion-year history. I'm not sure if we are totally responsible but I agree with you that we are not doing anything to slow it down and are speeding it up according to our latest understanding of global warming. In other words, it might be happening anyway, but you would think we would at least try to slow it down.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Our planet has had multiple major weather shifts through its 4-billion-year history. I'm not sure if we are totally responsible but I agree with you that we are not doing anything to slow it down and are speeding it up according to our latest understanding of global warming. In other words, it might be happening anyway, but you would think we would at least try to slow it down.

We are largely responsible this time.
I hear this from the Fox News crowd. "Our planet has had multiple major weather shifts through its 4-billion-year history" (not implying you are Fox News crowd, davidscott)

Of course it has. Shifts that take place over thousands of years...not a few decades.
It's too late to reverse any of this.
It would just be nice for society as a whole to acknowledge the fix we are in, instead of making it a political meat fight.
The right would probably agree that climate change is real if Al Gore had never proposed a Carbon Tax.
That's when the division between fact and fantasy began.
It's hard to solve a problem when half of the affected doesn't believe there is a problem.

Regardless, Severe Weather Events every day is the new norm...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
We are largely responsible this time.
I hear this from the Fox News crowd. "Our planet has had multiple major weather shifts through its 4-billion-year history" (not implying you are Fox News crowd, davidscott)

Of course it has. Shifts that take place over thousands of years...not a few decades.
It's too late to reverse any of this.
It would just be nice for society as a whole to acknowledge the fix we are in, instead of making it a political meat fight.
The right would probably agree that climate change is real if Al Gore had never proposed a Carbon Tax.
That's when the division between fact and fantasy began.
It's hard to solve a problem when half of the affected doesn't believe there is a problem.

Regardless, Severe Weather Events every day is the new norm...
Agreed and thank you for the fox news reference. I really don't like that station for constantly spewing disinformation and right-wing rhetoric. Anyway, where in Pittsburgh do you live, I grew up in Mt Oliver then south Baldwin. Haven't been back in years.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Agreed and thank you for the fox news reference. I really don't like that station for constantly spewing disinformation and right-wing rhetoric. Anyway, where in Pittsburgh do you live, I grew up in Mt Oliver then south Baldwin. Haven't been back in years.
I've lived all over SW Pa for 66 years....from the WV border to here.
I'm in New Ken/Arnold now.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I lived in the Burgh for 22 years. 40 years in Tx and now in Fla. I miss the cooler summers. I assume you're a Steelers fan. I am and will always be. I went to a few playoff games back in the early 80s.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I was thinking that humans would be responsible or their/our demise but other species would survive. The idea that humans would be so stupid that we kill every specie pisses me off to an unbelievable degree but to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me. Meteors/asteroids require a bit of chance and timing but creating a lethal virus needs planning or an accidental/intentional release- we just saw what can happen with that.
You are right that if we cause our own extinction then the rest will survive.
But as you indicated everything going is a chance. Yes. last one was 65 mil years ago, don't know if all sea life got wiped out. there were some full extinctions before that.
Maybe it is time? ;) :D
Or we will screw that up too and just have a world that some sci-fi depict, like the Book of Eli and others.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis