Can you tell the difference between lossy and HD tracks? Take the test.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
From the creator

"Please do not post which is which if you figure it out. The ones who get it right can gloat later."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting test, but this kind of music will likely yield more no than yes. I found the sound quality of the test to be no better than that from FM radio so the format is not the bottleneck, the sound quality of the original recording is. He could make it 72 bit 768 MHz, it would matter a bit, FM quality will remain FM quality.

Case in point, I have bought quite a few Flac files from HD track and among them, some CD quality ones sound clearly better than a couple of 24/192 ones. For example, the 24/192 Carly Simon one sounds just a little better than MP3.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I feel a little lazy to do that test. :D

But I consider myself one of the most anti-audiophile audiophiles. ;)

Right I am listening to New Years Prayer and Six Feet Under from Dead Zone TV Soundtrack (ALAC) on my Salon2 and loving every bit of it. :)

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I downloaded it and listened to both of them on a headphone system I would consider to be pretty resolving. It will certainly be interesting to know the results. I do not think posting what each of us thinks is the right answer will skew the results but I will hold off until they are posted.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis