Can you hear a difference in Sound between Audio Amplifiers?

Do Amplifiers Sound Different?

• Yes

Votes: 103 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 30.4%
  • crikets crickets....What?

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
These days I have been given a direct order from the commander to boycott anything made in China or from China. :)
Oh my! Hope it's not retroactive. Your kitchen, clothes closet, computers, phones and A/V gear might need significant, (costly), replenishment. Hope your cellphones last a loooong time. :)

krabapple

krabapple

Banned
Not a threat, a simple statement of fact. Why would a moderator waste time "going postal" with rep points when he has other tools at his disposal?

Maybe he got bored with shadowbanning? And really could not justify plain old banning? Maybe you and he 'think different'?

Anyway, as I said, the guy who founded this site is the one who suggested my remarkable reputation tally was the work of a moderator. Are you saying *he* doesn't know how rep points work?

Perhaps. I won't claim to be appreciative of comments like:

when your prior posts like this:

indicate that you probably don't.
Well gee, what was the date on that 'prior post'? Was it perhaps from five/six months ago? I do believe it was. Garnering 19,000 was most educational, if nothing else.

I'm flattered that you went looking for my priors though (and by flattered I mean: scared).

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Anyway, as I said, the guy who founded this site is the one who suggested my remarkable reputation tally was the work of a moderator. Are you saying *he* doesn't know how rep points work?
I'm sure he probably does. At the same time, Gene simply offered one possibility. He didn't say it was impossible for a few of the higher ranked members to knock you down to -19,000 in short order.

Well gee, what was the date on that 'prior post'? Was it perhaps from five/six months ago? I do believe it was. Garnering 19,000 was most educational, if nothing else.
Apparently not educational enough, since you thought getting -19,000 worth of negative rep required moderator intervention.

I'm flattered that you went looking for my priors though (and by flattered I mean: scared).
Well, I wouldn't want you to be afraid of posting here, so I'll help you out.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Btw, since yesterday my rep went up to -18,444 . I must be doing something right. :)
-18444? I think you pissed off a lot of people. Last I looked I'm in the top 50 members by reputation, but I have less than 1500 points of reputation power. I don't know how many reputation power points the top 5 members have, but my guess is it would take several of them to knock you down by nearly 20,000 points. Congratulations on winning the Miss Congeniality award. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh my! Hope it's not retroactive. Your kitchen, clothes closet, computers, phones and A/V gear might need significant, (costly), replenishment. Hope your cellphones last a loooong time. :)
Not retroactive thank goodness. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm sure he probably does. At the same time, Gene simply offered one possibility. He didn't say it was impossible for a few of the higher ranked members to knock you down to -19,000 in short order.

Apparently not educational enough, since you thought getting -19,000 worth of negative rep required moderator intervention.

Well, I wouldn't want you to be afraid of posting here, so I'll help you out.
I think his goal waking up this morning was to get drunk and get banned. :D

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
Maybe he got bored with shadowbanning? And really could not justify plain old banning? Maybe you and he 'think different'?

Re-register and start over with a different name if it really bothers you that much. And don't use this one to post with ever again. I would not give it another thought and make fun of what happened as negative replies is what they are wanting you to do. Never let the enemy know what you are thinking. :) I have had several members post things that pissed me off and several times I reacted and after I posted it and read my reply it made me look like I was immature by doing so. Now I don't argue or try to get last word in again anymore. Blow it off and move on. I must admit I am a bit of a Red Neck as what happened to you would have pissed me off. None wants to see they are regarded as a idiot. I think the member that started this forum you talked to should have deleted the idiot remark or used his influence to have it removed.. I post a lot more on Audio Karma as there is less "attitude" and LESS doom and gloom in their amp section as there is here. I like this site as they bench test AVR etc so I put up with some the child like posts I read. Hey.......... we all have bad days and take it out on the key board. :eek:

I

ira

Audiophyte
I came to this thread to just vote on amps, but I was shocked to read the last few posts. How exactly is "Pursuing the Truth in Audio and Video" or adherence to the scientific method advanced by banning the likes of Krabapple? I mean that as a sincere question.

I'm a noob here, but already in my short (and perhaps ended) stay krabapple seems to have displayed a firm grasp of the scientific method and strong BS and logical fallacy detection abilities. These skills seem awesome in pursuing the truth and benefits this site's content, what this site claims to value and its readers.

Pursuing "Truth" isn't a popularity or beauty contest, even if the reputation points cancer spreading here tries to make it so. I'm stunned. Only the likes of TAS and other audiophool sites benefit from such cancers.

Suggestion: create a "politically incorrect", "scientific method adherent" or similar rep label as a final insult to whatever nonprofessional and counterproductive feelings people feel the need to express here, and don't ban people on popularity.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm a noob here, but already in my short (and perhaps ended) stay krabapple seems to have displayed a firm grasp of the scientific method and strong BS and logical fallacy detection abilities. These skills seem awesome in pursuing the truth and benefits this site's content, what this site claims to value and its readers.
Regardless of how intelligent one might be, if you can't communicate your thoughts in a constructive manner, you don't have a place on this forum. Of course, if you want to try and provoke a moderator by sending him messages that he's "scary" or claim to be fearful because I (like any other member) can look at your posting history, well...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
even if the reputation points cancer spreading here tries to make it so. I'm stunned.
You're stunned alright but the reputation point system is above reproach, Mr. 1 Green Chicklet Man. :p

Edit: Whoops! ... I mean Mr. 7 Green Chicklet Man. :eek:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I came to this thread to just vote on amps, but I was shocked to read the last few posts. How exactly is "Pursuing the Truth in Audio and Video" or adherence to the scientific method advanced by banning the likes of Krabapple? I mean that as a sincere question.

Pursuing "Truth" isn't a popularity or beauty contest, even if the reputation points cancer spreading here tries to make it so. I'm stunned. Only the likes of TAS and other audiophool sites benefit from such cancers.

Suggestion: create a "politically incorrect", "scientific method adherent" or similar rep label as a final insult to whatever nonprofessional and counterproductive feelings people feel the need to express here, and don't ban people on popularity.
Agreed.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, what's TAS? The Absolute Sound? I didn't see any rep cancer there but how did you get 7 Chickets anyway? Whoa, full boat now. You might have a point about it being a cancer. With another half dozen posts, maybe they'll make you a mod.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't see any rep cancer there but how did you get 7 Chickets anyway? Whoa, full boat now. You might have a point about it being a cancer. With another half dozen posts, maybe they'll make you a mod.
I love it when our parents get frisky. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There is absolutely nothing wrong with friendly disagreement and debate. I'm sure everyone (including all Moderators, Gene, and other Administrators) has a different opinion regarding just about every topic. Everyone has his own different life experience and perspective. It makes life interesting. :D

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
There is absolutely nothing wrong with friendly disagreement and debate. I'm sure everyone (including all Moderators, Gene, and other Administrators) has a different opinion regarding just about every topic. Everyone has his own different life experience and perspective. It makes life interesting. :D

As long as it is "friendly" debate. As sometimes it gets way out of hand as it's human nature to get "Last Word" in. Posting you are a idiot is uncool under your name that will stay with you for a long time. The mod or administrator should have just PM and warned him that a time out or banned is near and to be cool. Now look at all the posts that have nothing to do with amps on this thread. New members see idiot under a member's name is a sure way to discourage them for posting here on a regular basis.IMHO

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
The mod or administrator should have just PM and warned him that a time out or banned is near and to be cool.
Maybe they did? I've witnessed more than prudent restraint from the chiefs here. Just sayin.

I

ira

Audiophyte
I just read that as a result of the site changes underway, the rep thing will go away (thanks will remain, and that's cool). So I would like to make 2 things clear:

- I LOVE everyone (in a socially appropriate way, of course)
- I am officially gunning for the highest rep-to-post ratio ever achieved on this site, so that I can claim eternal kudos...or until the site changeover occurs, which ever occurs first.

Shamelessly invest your green stuff on me before it goes out of style! Vote early and often!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Yay, no more chicklets!!!!!! LOL, I can't wait... We will be able to say how we really feel about products like the LV12 or paradigm speakers without a bunch of negative rep added.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis