J

jedijim

Audiophyte
My teeth were getting sensitive and my dentist said I might have bruxism. I HATE wearing a mouthguard - does anyone know whether some of the alternative therapies work? This one at least has a money back guarantee, but I'd still like to hear from someone who has had some success beating this thing. Thanks.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My teeth were getting sensitive and my dentist said I might have bruxism. I HATE wearing a mouthguard - does anyone know whether some of the alternative therapies work? This one at least has a money back guarantee, but I'd still like to hear from someone who has had some success beating this thing. Thanks.
Did you by chance ask your doctor about it? Hopefully he would know. And, if that alternative worked, it would be mainstream:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
One thing that helped my wife, was cutting down on caffeine.
Teeth grinding has a lot to do with stress.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
I have bruxism too and the sad thing is that it is not covered by my insurance (most insurance won't cover it). I was told that the other option is to do the surgery but they would do that only if the doc find that your jaws are not aligned properly. Now, i am wearing the mouthguard nightly. Not the most pleasant thing but well, i need it.

annunaki

annunaki

Train your body not to do it. Install two contacts one on the upper jaw one on the lower. Hook them up to a 9-volt battery at night. When you bite down to grind your teeth it will shock you and wake you up. The hope is that eventually it will stop. If the 9-volt battery does not work, try a 12-volt car battery. Be sure to use large gauge cables with the car battery so you get the full high amperage discharge effect.

I am only kidding of course. :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It really doesn't matter in which forum this is/was posted.

I can definitely see where this qualifies as a valid first post on an audio site. ...I can also see the sun rise in the west.

Senior Audioholic
Never heard it called bruxism...

I am a clincher, not a grinder and my dentist had a couple options for this.

The standard approach was mouth guard, and that's what I use.

Next was basically grinding the back teeth down in a way that prevents you from clinching and or grinding. This was quite expensive but was said to be the one time fix that works forever.

Last was just prescribing muscle relaxants. May or may not help, works best on the occasional clincher or grinder.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I can definitely see where this qualifies as a valid first post on an audio site. ...I can also see the sun rise in the west.
Mark, you've ruined it for me.
I was about to post a few questions about a rash that I have.
Got pictures too....

Matt34

Matt34

Possibly the strangest first post I've seen here.

My solution, use the force young padawan.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Train your body not to do it. Install two contacts one on the upper jaw one on the lower. Hook them up to a 9-volt battery at night. When you bite down to grind your teeth it will shock you and wake you up. The hope is that eventually it will stop. If the 9-volt battery does not work, try a 12-volt car battery. Be sure to use large gauge cables with the car battery so you get the full high amperage discharge effect.
Do you suggest Belden or Canare, 14 gauge, or perhaps 18 is good enough? :eek:
Any DBT?

majorloser

majorloser

Wouldn't it just be easier to plug an appliance into the outlet and start chewing on the cord? And if you did it while lying in a comfortable warm water bath it could be quite soothing............just a thought.

Not recommended for those with heart conditions, asthma, swollen prostates or if pregnant. May cause dizziness, dryness of the mouth, frequent need to urinate, convulsions and in most instances terminal death. Seek the advice of your physician.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Wouldn't it just be easier to plug an appliance into the outlet and start chewing on the cord? And if you did it while lying in a comfortable warm water bath it could be quite soothing............just a thought.

Not recommended for those with heart conditions, asthma, swollen prostates or if pregnant. May cause dizziness, dryness of the mouth, frequent need to urinate, convulsions and in most instances terminal death. Seek the advice of your physician.
Works even better here
Where we have 220V outlets..... Believe me, that's beyond soothing :eek::eek::eek:
Recommended for idiots

J

jamie2112

Banned
Calling all doctors!!!!

Can anyone direct me to good toenail doctor. My big toe is hurting me and I think I may have an ingrown toenail:eek::eek::eek: what do I do? I really dont like to chew on cables is there anything else one could do for an ingrown toenail?:eek:

J

jamie2112

Banned
Is this a Banned member????

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Can anyone direct me to good toenail doctor. My big toe is hurting me and I think I may have an ingrown toenail:eek::eek::eek: what do I do? I really dont like to chew on cables is there anything else one could do for an ingrown toenail?:eek:
amputation...

of the leg.

Is this a Banned member????
nope. i moved his post from the general section to the steam vent.

i don't know why yet.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If audioholics gave an award for "wierdest thread" I would vote for this one

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis