BOSE Lifestyle 650 wireless speakers

F

Fabrizio_D

Audiophyte
Hi all,
Recently I purchased a second hand BOSE Lifestyle 650 system, with 2 satellite speakers (wireless), 2 front wired speakers and 1 small bass wired speaker.

The system works fine. It does lack of bass, hence I will look for a BOSE bass module to add in future.

Each satellite speakers has is own receiver. Each receiver connect wired to each of the satellite speakers.

I understand (to be confirmed, not sure) that those satellite speakers are 2.5 Ohms each and the BOSE central unit (where all the speakers are connected) pushes 30 Watts top to each speaker.

My question:
Would I flow up the satellite module if I connect to a 8 Ohms speakers instead of the 2.5 Ohms? what would it happens?

Thank you in advance.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all,
Recently I purchased a second hand BOSE Lifestyle 650 system, with 2 satellite speakers (wireless), 2 front wired speakers and 1 small bass wired speaker.

The system works fine. It does lack of bass, hence I will look for a BOSE bass module to add in future.

Each satellite speakers has is own receiver. Each receiver connect wired to each of the satellite speakers.

I understand (to be confirmed, not sure) that those satellite speakers are 2.5 Ohms each and the BOSE central unit (where all the speakers are connected) pushes 30 Watts top to each speaker.

My question:
Would I flow up the satellite module if I connect to a 8 Ohms speakers instead of the 2.5 Ohms? what would it happens?

Thank you in advance.
The Bose Satellite speakers get their signal already crossed over when they receive it, so adding an 8ohm speaker instead would work, just at the same crossover setting predetermined by BOSE., if you're looking to upgrade, consider doing a complete upgrade as Bose has so much proprietary bologna going on, it's not with worth going outside their ecosystem.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hi all,

My question:

Thank you in advance.
You wouldn’t want to plug another brand different ohm speaker into the Bose system you might fry something. Just test it out as it is then decide if you like it .

F

Fabrizio_D

Audiophyte
The Bose Satellite speakers get their signal already crossed over when they receive it, so adding an 8ohm speaker instead would work, just at the same crossover setting predetermined by BOSE., if you're looking to upgrade, consider doing a complete upgrade as Bose has so much proprietary bologna going on, it's not with worth going outside their ecosystem.
Thanks. Indeed was as you mentioned, it did (and does) work great. Now I have an old Pioneer speaker using the wireless module from BOSE, what a great update!!! love it. Thanks a mil.

F

Fabrizio_D

Audiophyte
You wouldn’t want to plug another brand different ohm speaker into the Bose system you might fry something. Just test it out as it is then decide if you like it .
Nothing blown up and all works fine. The sound is even much better. BTW: I called BOSE and they said won't work at all, which isn't the case (I believe they want to keep you on their brand, which is awesome by the way, but pricy). Thanks

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Nothing blow and all works fine. The sound is even much better. BTW: I called BOSE and they said won't work at all, which isn't the case (I believe they want to keep you on their brand, which is awesome by the way, but pricy). Thanks
Yeah, BOSE won't give you any technical help outside their products whether it works or not. Their business model is very closed loop.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing blown up and all works fine. The sound is even much better. BTW: I called BOSE and they said won't work at all, which isn't the case (I believe they want to keep you on their brand, which is awesome by the way, but pricy). Thanks
good
Yeah, BOSE won't give you any technical help outside there products whether it works or not. There business model is very closed loop.
part of why I avoided them is was that. they don’t publish specs and the headphones were too expensive.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis