sgtpepper9

sgtpepper9

Audioholic
What have yall found to be the best sounding game? I just played Metal Gear Solid 4 and was blown away. Have yall played a game like that recently?

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The sound in Crysis is downright awsome. I had my PC in my home theater last week (sadly I can't keep it there :( ) and there's nothing like shooting a nuke and feeling the explosion rock the house. The guns all have a "real" sound and kick like they're in the room. The soundtrack is top notch and the music comes in at just the right moment and tempo. Unlike too many games, the center and surrounds are used exactly as they should be.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The sound in the games Bioshock and Mass Effect are incredible!!!!!!!!!!

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
Even though I wasn't a huge fan of the gameplay, I thought Devil May Cry 4 sounded outstanding. I've also been a really big fan of MLB 2008: The Show because of the background noises that come through the surround speakers (e.g. the peanuts vendor, crowd chants like "MVP" and "overrated", etc.).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
MGS4 really does have excellent sound - the LFE is some of the most impressive I've heard in a game. Another stand out for me was F.E.A.R. Absolutely masterful use of the surrounds, since most of the game is close quarters.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Another vote for Bioshock.

I remember being very impressed with the sound in two Gamecube games too -- Rogue Squadron II and Eternal Darkness. Wouldn't hold up to today's games, but impressive for their day :)

I tend to be more impressed with games that use sound to create atmosphere.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Another vote on Bioshock. Truly top class musical production.

C

Cthulhu

Audioholic Intern
GTA vice city easily has the best combination of soundtrack and gameplay - not great quality though.

J

jamie2112

Banned
What about Guitar Hero????I guess it depends what format you are running as far as sound goes....

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Get Doom 3 running surround sound in the dark, poop your pants, enjoy.

snappy_snoopy

snappy_snoopy

Audioholic
Bioshock is good, as well as day of defeat: source. Day of Defeat is basically amazing actually.
Agreed bio shock, got that one too is absolutely wicked, and gears of war is also done quite well. The shooting audio dynamics are very cool.

J

juliusdeane

Audioholic Intern
Of what I've played recently:

Uncharted
Pixel Junk Eden
SuperStardust HD

They all do something a little different really well.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
"Day of Defeat: Source", I forgot about this one.
No music, just guns firing, grenades popping, rockets flying, MGs shredding, men barking orders...
In surround this makes a hell of an atmosphere. And I haven't got my sub yet ;)

J

juliusdeane

Audioholic Intern
Argh. That just reminds how the sound on EA's sub-par port of The Orange Box is broken. I wish Valve would reconsider it's attitude toward the PS3.

I did just play the demo for Battlefield: Bad Company. That's my first exposure to any BF game, and I was really impressed by the sound design.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I've got a new one for me. Guitar Hero III.
I'm playing, I'm enjoying my sound system and I'm listening to great music.
Couldn't be much better than this (got to try Rock Band).

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
As far as accuracy goes, some of the newer NFS games (Underground 2, Most Wanted) have great engine noises, that are accurate to the cars themselves.

Porsche Carrera GT:

And all the youtube videos of NFS most wanted are full of R&B music. Take my word for it, it's accurate.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli. I got a good deal on one of those game rockers with built in speakers and sub. If you play the game in the cockpit view mode while driving a Ferrari F430 with the engine right behind you...the sound it automotive bliss!

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
Just try GTR 2 and enter a full grid race. I don't know any other game that even comes close. Need for what? :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis