Best AMP or AMP/Processor or ALL IN ONE set up for Focal Electra

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
You are not going to get better sound quality than the Yamaha amps and other gear I recommended will produce. This gear is suitable for ANY level/quality of speaker system, even YG Acoustics.

You are also talking to a former audiophile; so don't think I don't know the game.

-Chris
Hi Chris,

I was expecting your visit with your comment. Thanks for showing up on time, on target and on the right bus number. :)

Ok, the Yamaha amps, I got you, done.

The other gear, I got already an idea from reading your previous posts and threads.

YG, I don't know what it stands for?

I already know who I'm talking to, you don't have to remind me that, I'm quite smart, and I got a pretty good memory.

And don't underestimate me, because I know several games and more...

* Now, my turn.

FAQ: There is only one person in all the Forums from Audioholics that is in my best buddy list, and it's you. Even if I don't know you that well. I just have the geatest respect for you the most of them all.

FAQ: You are one of the wisest person about electronics and simple principle of life that I know so far in this entire site.

FAQ: You don't know me well as of now.

FAQ: I'm more smart than the average people.

FAQ: I got some weaknesses.

FAQ: I learn slowly, surely, and I'm very flexible.

FAQ: Nothing is everything; meaning that you have not experiment with all that is availableand that you can only state from what you know and done.

That's about it for now. Cheers & you have my deepest respect.

Truly,

Bob

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
If you really know that product, please tell me, I'm dying to buy it. But your telling me won't suffice. I'll need much more than that, because I'm smart, I'm knowledgeable up to a certain point, I'm careful with money, I have a pretty good idea of what good sound is (but quite frankly, I don't have a single clue of high end experience listening from the most true high end speakers, electronics, cables, interconnects and all that is related, with the best listening rooms and you name it; in that sense, I know NADA, ZIP), and I like my meals well cooked, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, all this simply to say that we all stand by our products and beliefs.
That's what the World is all about; religions, wars, United nations, Peace groups, mass protests, assemblies of prophets, scientist's meetings, rulers of the underground, elected (legitimately or fraudulently) politicians, presidents, dictators, kings, queens, princes, princesses, sultans, and the lower classes, the defavored, the poor, the demunish, the ones without water or food or both, the ones that die every single day from hate, famine, approvishment, cataclysts, nature revolts, injustice, inbalance of finances, victims of the greed, lack of educaton, ignorance and you name it.

Again, you may disagree, but from what I know, you are right as much as I am.
My recommendations are based on human perception, the proven audible changes in a signal that are audible, and the thresholds of this..... and there is absolutely nothing, other than insufficient power(causing clipping), distortion issues, noise issues or other load related incompatibilities that have ever been shown in a double-blinded randomized test to cause real audible differences in amplification. Sighted (standard audiophifle tests) subjective tests are nothing more than a test of how much external factors bias perception; not actual difference caused by true audible differences.

So, you may want to like to say you are as right as me(if you are some how implying that high dollar exotic amplifier has some audible benefit over a standard high quality amplifier not labeled or sold as an audiophile amp, but my recommendations hold up to a very high probability based on actual data patterns.

-Chris

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Give it to me straight. Not looking to mortgage the farm, but have some money to spend here.

Unfortunately, I had purchased a Yamaha RX2700 before I got the Focal Electra 1027s and the Electra CC Be. Also have the JL F113 Sub. dude told me there is no way the Yamaha Receiver is powering the speakers, so it's something I want to address.

Appreciate the input.
How much of a budget are you looking at? I would pick up a Bryston stereo amp to drive your mains , preferbaly used (make sure the warranty is transferable) and use the Yamaha to drive the rest of the speaker. As far as I'm concerned, Bryston will be the last amp you'll ever need to own due to their impecaable workmanship and their industy leading warranty. No other manufacturer including the Krells and other higher end stuff come even close to the warranty of Bryston. I've seen posts on other sites were people brought in 30 yr old Brystons and had them repaired under full warranty. Thats unheard of these days. You want a compamy that stands behind its product, go with Bryston.

M

mike_wassell

Audioholic Intern
Right now I am running:

Integra DTC-9.8 preamp
Parasound HCA-3500 2 x 350w amp for front mains (large speakers)
B&K EX4420 2 x 200w amp for rear surrounds (small speakers)
B&K TX4430 3 x 200w amp center and side surrounds (small speakers)
Carvin DCM2000 2000w amp for Buttkickers
Focal (JMLab) Electra 7.1 system I guess I actually have a 7.6 system
2 M&K MX-350 subs
2 M&K MX-700 subs
2 Buttkickers
JVC 61” HD-ILA TV
Pioneer BDP-51FD Blu-ray player
Denon DVD-2900 DVD, SACD, DVD-audio player
Panamax M5400-EX surge protector/line conditioner
Harmony One universal remote
Mostly Monster Cables
DIY acoustical room treatment
12000 Series Berkline Home Theater Seating

I absolutely love the Integra/Parasound combo. The main problem I have run into with receivers is that they run out of juice at high volume levels. Receivers lose dynamics and start to distort long before separated do.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Chris,

I was expecting your visit with your comment. Thanks for showing up on time, on target and on the right bus number. :)

Ok, the Yamaha amps, I got you, done.

The other gear, I got already an idea from reading your previous posts and threads.

YG, I don't know what it stands for?

I already know who I'm talking to, you don't have to remind me that, I'm quite smart, and I got a pretty good memory.

And don't underestimate me, because I know several games and more...

* Now, my turn.

FAQ: There is only one person in all the Forums from Audioholics that is in my best buddy list, and it's you. Even if I don't know you that well. I just have the geatest respect for you the most of them all.

FAQ: You are one of the wisest person about electronics and simple principle of life that I know so far in this entire site.

FAQ: You don't know me well as of now.

FAQ: I'm more smart than the average people.

FAQ: I got some weaknesses.

FAQ: I learn slowly, surely, and I'm very flexible.

FAQ: Nothing is everything; meaning that you have not experiment with all that is availableand that you can only state from what you know and done.

That's about it for now. Cheers & you have my deepest respect.

Truly,

Bob
Bob, You just made me throw up a little. :(

Alex and Adam I can take, but you and Chris. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis