Beginner Seeking Advice about Starting Out

I

Isaac52

Audioholic Intern
I don't want them to fall off the stands. There's no risk of falling with the chairs.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I don't want them to fall off the stands. There's no risk of falling with the chairs.
OK -- then use Velcro. Putting them on stands higher up, and 6 inches from the back wall, should be an ear opener for you.

On a side note, you can always play football outside.:)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't know any stands that would work with the speakers, so the chairs are my temporary budget stands. It's hard to beat the price of $0. ;) I don't have any stands without backs, it didn't occur me that that would make a difference.

Space is kind of an issue so I don't know how much farther from the wall I could move the speakers. I don't usually sit farther than 6 ft from them though.
Aren't those ported in the rear? You gotta have some space for them to breath. You're smothering your speakers!

If you're handy with some tools, I built some stands for about 20 bucks.

20170327_102922-734x1305.jpg

Home Depot. Got some 4x8 lumber, stain and a couple pieces of flat scrap. They're sturdy and have some weight to them too. Those chairs and the height you have the speakers at is 100% most of the problems you're hearing.

A

Anthony Fiorella

Audiophyte
I started with just a polk monitor center channel two years ago, and I can say I am fully satisfied with my current B&W surround setup. From one college student to another I was able to work my way into the av field by doing auditorium installs for my college. Working at Best Buy Will give you a good head start as well. Yeah, it isn't an engineering job, but it gives you a chance to get paid to learn about speakers and talk about them with customers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Many stands have the ability to be filled with sand or metal shot for extra stability, and some blu-tac or museum putty on the surface of the stand/bottom of your speakers is a pretty secure interface, I have the kit version the AAs are based on (the Dayton BR-1 kit) and have used such stands with them no problem.

I

Isaac52

Audioholic Intern
Those seem cheaper... are they the proper height? They don't seem adjustable, and are shorter than the stands were.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis