Batman vs. Superman Dawn of Justice: Aflleck and Cavill thoughts on negitive reviews

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I found this to be funny, poor Affleck..can you say Daredevil flashbacks. TBH I thought he was one of the best parts of the movie.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The last time I read reviews from CRITICS was probably 10 years ago before I realized that most critics are idiots.

So these days I only read reviews from other users who may have similar preference (they state the other movies they like and dislike as a frame of reference).

For example, if someone says he loves "Star Wars VII" and hated "BvS", then I will totally disregard what that person says. :D

If someone says he loves "Watchmen" and "300 Rise of an Empire", but hated "BvS", then I will definitely pay attention.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I agree that critics are not the best judge of a film, especially an action film. PEOPLE are a WORSE judge of a film because a critic should at least be somewhat unbiased vs. the average person. Yelp reviews. Amazon reviews. Movie reviews - MOST people do not know how to provide useful relevant information.

There are plenty of movies that critics didn't like that I did. And there are even more that critics liked that I hated.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Seems like director is getting reemed more than the stars. Man too bad. I actually thought Daredevil was alright after seeing it the 2nd time. :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like director is getting reemed more than the stars. Man too bad. I actually thought Daredevil was alright after seeing it the 2nd time. :)
No. Daredevil is up there on my list of worst film I've ever seen. I wanted to walk out and I was at home when I watched it.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The last time I read reviews from CRITICS was probably 10 years ago before I realized that most critics are idiots.

So these days I only read reviews from other users who may have similar preference (they state the other movies they like and dislike as a frame of reference).

For example, if someone says he loves "Star Wars VII" and hated "BvS", then I will totally disregard what that person says. :D

If someone says he loves "Watchmen" and "300 Rise of an Empire", but hated "BvS", then I will definitely pay attention.

I 100% agree, I also find it funny when people post critics reviews to support their point, then bash critics when it doesn't agree with them :D:D

On a side note Watchmen and both 300 movies were entertaining and 200% better than BvS :p

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's been too long since I saw that DD movie. But I don't recall it being as bad as most people say. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It's been too long since I saw that DD movie. But I don't recall it being as bad as most people say. :)
Yeah I don't get all the bad reviews it really was not that bad. 2nd viewing is a must. DD on netflix basically follows the same story, although yeah better told. JG give it another chance. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah I don't get all the bad reviews it really was not that bad. 2nd viewing is a must. DD on netflix basically follows the same story, although yeah better told. JG give it another chance. :)
There are movies 100 times worse than Affleck's Daredevil. So I definitely don't see the big deal with DD. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well I am sitting in the movie theater right now as I type this. BvS will start in 15 minutes. I am ready. :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well I am sitting in the movie theater right now as I type this. BvS will start in 15 minutes. I am ready. :D

:)
I watched Man Of Steel last night with the same director man does the movie look beautiful. Not sure if I liked it or not it kinda dragged a bit, but overall not too bad. So what do ya think so far you got 30min left. :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:)
I watched Man Of Steel last night with the same director man does the movie look beautiful. Not sure if I liked it or not it kinda dragged a bit, but overall not too bad. So what do ya think so far you got 30min left. :)
I liked BvS a lot. Like 99% of all movies, there are some things I would change and some minor holes. But overall I thought it was a great movie.

BvS looked very beautiful ($250 million budget). I thought it made Star Wars VII look cheap by comparison.

My issue with Man of Steel (MOS) was Jonathan Kent's character.

******** Man of Steel SPOILER ALERT *******

In MOS, Johnathan Kent would rather risk his life than let Clark save him in public during a storm when everyone was running for his/her life. But since Clark is super fast, the odds of people seeing him save his dad during a storm is slim IMO.

I couldn't get pass that. I hated that part. :)

Other than that, I don't think I have any other issues with MOS (that I can think of).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Saw this at the IMAX in 3D just now. I thought everybody did a good job and I enjoyed it. I had to watch the last 20 minutes with my fingers in my ears though. That has never happened before. After the movie my friend mentioned that his ears were ringing. Some of the video was flaky here and there but mostly the 3D wasn't distracting. Twice they scared the crap out of me bad enough that I tried jumping out of my seat. What a sound track. At first I thought the raw power of the audio was great. As the audio wore on and became bothersome I sorta wanted to see how the movie would end so sitting there with my ears plugged was ... almost okay.

I would recommend the 2D version.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw this at the IMAX in 3D just now. I thought everybody did a good job and I enjoyed it. I had to watch the last 20 minutes with my fingers in my ears though. That has never happened before. After the movie my friend mentioned that his ears were ringing. Some of the video was flaky here and there but mostly the 3D wasn't distracting. Twice they scared the crap out of me bad enough that I tried jumping out of my seat. What a sound track. At first I thought the raw power of the audio was great. As the audio wore on and became bothersome I sorta wanted to see how the movie would end so sitting there with my ears plugged was ... almost okay.

I would recommend the 2D version.
I hate 3D. I always watch 2D.

I hate it when they turn the volume up too loud. Which row were you sitting? I always sit in the back row so the volume is usually not the loudest.

No place like your own home sweet home theater. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Which row were you sitting?
Front row :D

3rd row from the back. I looked behind me to see how much further I could go. After they revamped their sound system a few years back I had trouble with their audio toward the middle seats and have not repeated that error.

Hey, did anybody else get the feeling that Ben Afleck's Batman was a Republican? :D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
possible spoilers. I'm assuming everyone has seen this by now.

Random thoughts, in no particular order.

Batman has serious issues and this one seems to have no problem using deadly force. That, I like.

Michael Keaton was right when he told Val Kilmer to let the costume the acting for Batman.

I liked Batman but I felt Ben Affleck left quite a bit to be desired as Bruce Wayne. Bruce was always portrayed and a nice guy. This one was basically a plick, in either guise. ...and why did he always need a shave?

Alfred was great, though.

I'm surprised that both heroes were so easily played by Lex Luthor. I gave them more credit than that. BTW, I think Jesse Eisenberg was perfect in that role as a psycho billionaire.

The way the big BVS battle was resolved was so hokey as to almost make me want to vomit.

Speaking of Lex, Where did he get all the info on the other supers? ...and their trademark logos?

It looks like Aquaman is not quite the wimp his previous incarnation. Raj Koothrapoli would be proud.

the Doomsday battle pretty much followed the comic book, as was the inevitable ending. the meeting of the remaining superheroes is a direct pug for the followup(s) and, the last three seconds (or less) assures next movie. You know he couldn't stay dead.

but, we saw this in regular format and, even then, the sound was stunning. I can see where Atmos could be useful, at least properly sat up in the correct environment.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

Batman has serious issues and this one seems to have no problem using deadly force. That, I like.

Michael Keaton was right when he told Val Kilmer do the acting for Batman.

I liked Batman but I felt Ben Affleck left quite a bit to be desired as Bruce Wayne. Bruce was always portrayed and a nice guy. This one was basically a plick, in either guise. ...and why did he always need a shave?

I'm surprised that both heroes were so easily played by Lex Luthor. I gave them more credit than that. BTW, I think Jesse Eisenberg was perfect in that role as a psycho billionaire.

The way the big BVS battle was resolved was so hokey as to almost make me want to vomit.

Speaking of Lex, Where did he get all the info on the other supers? ...and their trademark logos?

It looks like Aquaman is not quite the wimp his previous incarnation. Raj Koothrapoli would be proud.

the Doomsday battle pretty much followed the comic book, as was the inevitable ending. the meeting of the remaining superheroes is a direct pug for the followup(s) and, the last three seconds (or less) assures next movie. You know he couldn't stay dead.

but, we saw this in regular format and, even then, the sound was stunning. I can see where Atmos could be useful, at least properly sat up in the correct environment.

I usually am not a fan of Atmos in Theaters (I know this sounds strange) but I think it actually works better

Michael Keaton was right when he told Val Kilmer to let the costume the acting for Batman.

It's interesting how opinions are so varied on this movie. I thought Lex was terribly acted in this movie, nothing like his comic book persona. On the flipside I thought Batman was very well done and true to the comic persona when he fought Superman.

The Doomsday battle wasn't not even close to the way he is presented in the comics, other than he was Doomsday. To be honest it looked like a creature from the hobbit until he got hit with the nuke. Doomsday took out the entire Justice League before Superman was finally able to stop him, and his origin was completely different. Doomsday played a major role in the comic series and in the movie he was stopped in one day.

Terrible Story and meh final battle made this not such a great movie for me, it wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't even rank it in my top 10.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
SPOILER ALERT

I don't fault the resolution of the Batman vs Superman battle at all.

If 2 GOOD guys fought each other, I would think the primary reason is of a personal nature.

Batman may try to justify his fight with Superman as being objective. But it's personal. He blames Superman for the death of someone he loves. That's personal. And a personal battle resolves in personal way - another family member that Batman can relate to.

I think Batman finally realizes that his beef with Superman was purely personal. His character develops. He realizes the casualties of war. If he were in Superman's shoes, the outcome might have been similar in terms of casualties. He puts aside his personal vendetta and pride and tries to save another human life.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis