Basement...almost done

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I REALLY wish I hadn't opened this thread. I cannot unsee these pictures now and am at least for the foreseeable future, ruined on all aspects of home theater design. :D Outstanding work to say the least!!

This thread actually got me thinking - is there, or has there ever been a sticky, or link within AH to showcase some of the more noteworthy HT rooms owned by our regular members? I believe that would be a very good reference for ideas and inspiration to the rest of us - something like this would definitely be at the top of the list. Just an idea. ;)

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Honestly this is the nicest Home theatre I have ever seen.

If God had a home theatre room.....this is what it would look like.

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
+1, this is one of the classiest home theaters I have ever seen. It could def be featured in a HT magazine.

G

gvthisbookahome

Audioholic Intern
Wow! This is stunning. Simply beautiful. I could not afford that. Every day I dream of a set-up like that. Excellent. (Thanks for uploading the higher resolution photos).

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you SO much for bumping this thread up. I have been looking for this for so sooo long.
The only reason I saw it is because somebody linked to it in another thread and I forget who or why :D

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Wow, I saw the title of the thread, and thought cool, my basement is almost done too, I'm getting carpet next week, will be putting the trim up this weekend, so I clicked on this thread, I looked at the pictures, and now I think I'll just go home and sit in my crappy basement and have myself a good cry. I'll try to console myself with the fact mine cost less, and will look it...

Seriously, mine's going to be an embarrassment now.

Anyway...awesome basement, very well done, I can only dream of having something that nice one day. If you ever need a house sitter while you're on vacation...

(I think it might be time to sell our house and start over again...try to do it right this time.)

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Anyway...awesome basement, very well done, I can only dream of having something that nice one day.
I've been trying to convince my mom to let me design a home theater in our basement. Right now it is really ugly and gets no use because theres nothing down there. She was just like blah blah blah no. Then I showed her this and she was like "wow, thats beautiful, get an estimate." lol.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Wow, I saw the title of the thread, and thought cool, my basement is almost done too, I'm getting carpet next week, will be putting the trim up this weekend, so I clicked on this thread, I looked at the pictures, and now I think I'll just go home and sit in my crappy basement and have myself a good cry. I'll try to console myself with the fact mine cost less, and will look it...
If I had a basement, this would be exactly how I felt :D

B

BrianJ

Enthusiast
Back from the firey depths...

Im in the process of finishing up the framing of my complete basement finishing project. Im loosely copying this layout.

My question is, is there a point in double drywal on the 3 walls in a room like this when the entire back and a decent portion of the left side is wide open?

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
Back from the firey depths...

Im in the process of finishing up the framing of my complete basement finishing project. Im loosely copying this layout.

My question is, is there a point in double drywal on the 3 walls in a room like this when the entire back and a decent portion of the left side is wide open?
I don't know the answer to this. I did not do double drywall. What is the purpose of this...sound deadening?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I think you would get a very low return on your time and money spent with a floor plan like yours. A large area would be hard to improve through double drywall use.

Had not seen your dedicted space in a while. Really well done. Thanks for bringing back to the top.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
great looking basement! keep the pictures coming!
Thanks. Did you see the pics in post #14 of this thread?
Clicky. Sadly, despite the fact that this was posted a few years ago and titled "almost done", there has been no change to the theatre. We were going to do a tile backsplash for the bar but never got around to it. What you see is likely going to be the end product. In fact, we STILL don't have anything in the cubbyholes in the walls. My youngest was born just after the theatre was completed and we haven't had time for much else. Plus, all my extra time and energy (and money) has gone into my cars and some racing in my spare time.

B

BrianJ

Enthusiast
Thanks. Did you see the pics in post #14 of this thread?
Clicky. Sadly, despite the fact that this was posted a few years ago and titled "almost done", there has been no change to the theatre. We were going to do a tile backsplash for the bar but never got around to it. What you see is likely going to be the end product. In fact, we STILL don't have anything in the cubbyholes in the walls. My youngest was born just after the theatre was completed and we haven't had time for much else. Plus, all my extra time and energy (and money) has gone into my cars and some racing in my spare time.
Kids and Car racing...you poor guy.:D

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Tryin to pull a "fast" one on use eh? (get it?) I have that same photo in my 2012 Speed Magazine Calender!!! You almost had me.....Still a Kick@ss theater though!!! ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis