Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
B…A…S…S… = Big A$$ Snow Storm

I got home from work a little over an hour ago. The snow was just beginning to come down. Now, it's already coming down fast & furious. Is that frost & flurrious? Forecast says at least 2 feet.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
B…A…S…S… = Big A$$ Snow Storm

I got home from work a little over an hour ago. The snow was just beginning to come down. Now, it's already coming down fast & furious. Is that frost & flurrious? Forecast says at least 2 feet.
Got out of school early today. I'd be happier if it didn't make my last period of the day hell and it set my real last period of the day a day behind, and it was the day they were supposed to take the midterm. Early dismissal was stupid. Nothing against all MD'ers, but some of you people are insane. It ain't that much snow. You don't need 9 loaves of bread, 4 extra gas containers for your generator, to buy 3 bags of salt for your postcard stamp sized driveway.. Yes I did see all that this past week.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I better go get some chocolate. We're only suppose to get a couple of inches but it's better to have it and not need it ...

Two feet is a ton of snow. Be safe.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You have no idea how much I wish we were getting that anow instead of you.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
It's before 6a, but looks like we've only got an inch out there. I know some people hate 'feet of snow', but I grew up with it and will always turn in to a big kid when I see it!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's before 6a, but looks like we've only got an inch out there. I know some people hate 'feet of snow', but I grew up with it and will always turn in to a big kid when I see it!
Maybe you and Kurt can make snow angels ... then be snuggle buddies. :D

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I can do without it. We got 111" of it last winter, and at one point at least half of it was on the ground at once. Normally you get melting and/or evaporation in between storms but last season was just one dumping after another. I don't ski nor sled, and have limited places to put the stuff. Mid-season (late Feb/early Mar) I had to replace two snowblowers that I could no longer keep up with repairs. New ones were so scarce I ended up with one barely used one for only $100 off the price of new, and the second to last new one the dealer had. (I wanted BIG motor for furthest toss.)

The spend on those machines have been my insurance policy against getting snow this year, and so far...it's working! I have no issue with this.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Got up about 7:30 this morning. It's still snowing heavily, like it has since yesterday afternoon. It's supposed to keep on snowing until late this evening. There's a lot of wind too. I looked at one of those weather forecast web sites, and the radar map looks like a hurricane moving up the East Coast.

Fortunately, no one is on the road, except the occasional snow plow. I guess it's good that this storm came late on a Friday.

It's gotten deep enough that plows may not cut it. Need that earth moving gear. Guys with small ones, like BobCats, will rake it in this week.

The best news so far (knock on wood) is I have electricity. Nothing worse than no power in the morning – can't make coffee. Last night I did get out my hand powered coffee grinder, just in case. I lit the fire place too, first thing this morning :).

fuzz – I hear you about the crazy reaction to snow in Maryland. Even if you can easily drive in snow, learn to fear those other drivers on the road. Every snow storm, I see at least one driver who thinks his SUV makes him immune to the road conditions. He'll fly down the road, until the point when he needs to brake. Then he's in the ditch. YES, they are that dangerous.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm too lazy to get out my camera now, but here's a view from the roof of the Washington Post building.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Nothing worse than no power in the morning – can't make coffee. Last night I did get out my hand powered coffee grinder, just in case. I lit the fire place too, first thing this morning :).

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Bout a foot and a half out there right now. I'm about 75% shoveled. Now I'm having coffee and waiting for the GF to wake up so she can help me. Overall I'm just glad it isn't a wet snow. I'll take 2-3 feet of light and fluffy over 8" of wet heavy snow any day.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Bout a foot and a half out there right now. I'm about 75% shoveled. Now I'm having coffee and waiting for the GF to wake up so she can help me. Overall I'm just glad it isn't a wet snow. I'll take 2-3 feet of light and fluffy over 8" of wet heavy snow any day.
When you're done, bring your shovel down here and help me. I haven't begun yet.

There are two schools of thought for shoveling snow:
  1. Do it once per snow storm.

2. Do it often.
I'm a type 1 :D.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
When you're done, bring your shovel down here and help me. I haven't begun yet.

There are two schools of thought for shoveling snow:
  1. Do it once per snow storm.

2. Do it often.
I'm a type 1 :D.
I guess that makes us type 2 :p

Old habits, from back in upstate NY where it seemed like most of the time was wet snow which felt like about 200lbs/sqft

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Cleared an area for Dugan...of course he dove straight into the deep stuff:confused:...now the four foot snow drift in front of our front door has to go...so here I go.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
The best news so far (knock on wood) is I have electricity. Nothing worse than no power in the morning – can't make coffee. Last night I did get out my hand powered coffee grinder, just in case. I lit the fire place too, first thing this morning :).
Get yourself a stove top espresso maker!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I've got a pretty big Ariens. Over the past year I sprung for insulated boots, high wool thermal socks, down waterproof mittens, and a long double layer down jacket, all bought at good prices in the off-season. That said, if I get lazy, I can call a neighbor who will plow me out, salt and sand the driveway for $40. Having coffee now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis