Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MarieonCape

Audioholic Intern
Didn't think I'd need something like this cause I take my laptop on business trips anyway, but I've learned that a laptop is too big to watch movies on in the cramped spaces that pass for coach these days. I've almost had it broken several times by someone reclining their seat in front of me. This looks like a perfect size for airplanes - not too big, not too small.

Marie

supervij

supervij

Audioholic General
Looks very cool. Can't get enough of DVDs, me. I wonder how long the rated battery life on this gadget is. It would be nice if it played CD-R/RWs, but oh well. The resolution is 720 by 480, which is DVD resolution, I think. Pretty light at 1.62 pounds -- hope it's got all the necessary inside stuff. Would still love to win it, of course!

G

genesis471

Audioholic
Definately a cool looking player, I have pondered buying a portable player for a while now, just haven't found one that I've fully liked to justify spending the dosh!

Mike

S

seattlemike

Audiophyte
Yes I've heard of axion from your'e Jan. Ces coverage, almost got the name crossed with axiom.

WooHoo

WooHoo

Audioholic
Who?

Never heard of them. Unless of course it helps my chances which in that case, Of course I have heard of them. They are great. No better company out there. Never was never will be. :D

E

emtownsend

Audiophyte
Seems nice

Looks great! Great for those plane trips and for those movies during my break ! :)

T

twheeloc

Audioholic Intern
Wish I had it now

Getting ready for a flight from Hungary-->SFO on Thursday...One leg London Straight to San Francisco...15 Hours...Blech...Thank goodness for Laptops, iPods, and Etymotic ER-4P headphones :) Now all I need is a nice portable DVD player

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I want to win

I would love to see a TV tuner added to something like this. That way when the power goes out we can watch DVD's and updates from the news.

A

avam

Audiophyte
I have been looking for a portable player to occupy our 2 year old on a plane trip in 3 weeks. I want this now.

G

gsuhoppy

Audiophyte
Suweet

Looks nice... Do you want me to give you my address now or later?

B

bbyman

Audiophyte
i want a new portable dvd player

randomly pick me for the portable dvd player

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
are we ther yet?
no, put another dvd in and beeeeee quite!
looks great for road trips with the kids

A

Audio2004

Audioholic Intern
Axion Products

I heard this product from this website (www. audioholics.com). This company is selling their speakers directly to customers with 30-day satisfaction and free shipping.

[Actually that's Axiom Audio, a different company. - Clint.]

Last edited by a moderator:
C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
haven't heard of em but i got a few long flights this summer and that looks perfect for me!!!!

Logman

Logman

Enthusiast
I Know Axion! They make portable LCD TVs and DVD players.

I saw Axion at CES 2005. They had a very busy booth with some nice products. I still have one of their CES Aloha bags LOL. One of my friends loaned me an Axion 8" LCD TV with a slot-in DVD player for a trip last Christmas. The kids loved it, because they could watch movies and plug in PS2 for gaming. It also had a car adapter which was awesome for the long drive.

My son's birthday is coming up. I want to get him that portable DVD player. Please pick me!

They have this unit at Target.com with a cool case and free shipping:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-5/qid=/ref=sr_1_5/602-2095003-4415861?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00073JU1U

It's also on sale at eCost right now. Great deal!
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=646970

Hopefully, I'll get it for free though.
:D

J

JurisFrog

Enthusiast
I've got some long flights from DFW to Baltimore coming up.........man that DVD player would be nice (would have to hide it from the wife, though).

D

DahDee

Enthusiast
Looks nice and compact, might be an excellent gift as my young son's first dvd player :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis