AV Receiver Question of the day.

• Thread starter Steve Pitbull Potenziano
  • Start date
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Why what happened? He didn't have any fun buying a new AVR?
No, not that. He's only done about 50 sink faucet reviews for Amazon. He loves to install and then take apart and reinstall faucets :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No, not that. He's only done about 50 sink faucet reviews for Amazon. He loves to install and then take apart and reinstall faucets :D
Oh gods, so he's out of control with sink faucets. :eek:

That reminds me, I have to buy some tools for future sink faucets. :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yeah, they're kind of like sink faucets; you should buy a new one when they break. :)

I just replaced one of my bathroom sink faucets yesterday. It only took me about 3 hours. :eek: Buying AVRs are sooooooooooooooooo much more fun :)
You are correct sir. Opening the box and peeking at all the goodies inside! then carefully lifting it out of the box to inspect it, set it in your rack, make all the connections... turn it on for the first time and explore the menus.... Oh man. Maybe my Yamaha does need replacing................. :)

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
From most of the people's impressions thus far, would you conclude that most people are ecstatic with ATMOS? Enough to demote their $2k AVR to buy a new one? :)

This is True Buy I can tell you with the tests that I am doing and how it actually sounds thus far in a dedicated Atmos room is VERY cool. I can see why people with the speakers that are supposed to mimic it is Bupkus

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is True Buy I can tell you with the tests that I am doing and how it actually sounds thus far in a dedicated Atmos room is VERY cool. I can see why people with the speakers that are supposed to mimic it is Bupkus
How many people will have true "dedicated" ATMOS rooms and how many quality ATMOS contents will there be? :)

And is the difference between ATMOS vs the best DTS-HD MA soundtrack like 1080p vs 480p? Or is it more like 1080p vs 720p? :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
...with the tests that I am doing and how it actually sounds thus far in a dedicated Atmos room is VERY cool.
How many people will have true "dedicated" ATMOS rooms
And how many people will even have an opportunity to hear ATMOS in a true dedicated room w/ good equipment? And for those who do, and are suitably impressed, how many of them will go to the trouble and expense to install their own? It's not like just adding some side or rear speakers. For these reasons, I don't see it being widely adopted.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And how many people will even have an opportunity to hear ATMOS in a true dedicated room w/ good equipment? And for those who do, and are suitably impressed, how many of them will go to the trouble and expense to install their own? It's not like just adding some side or rear speakers. For these reasons, I don't see it being widely adopted.
I agree 100%. Since ATMOS is backward compatible with TrueHD & DTS-HD MA, I don't see ATMOS dying like 3D video. But I don't foresee many people dropping their good AVR just to get an AVR with ATMOS. :)

When it's time for us to get a new AVR, we won't even have a choice because they will all be equipped with ATMOS whether we use it or not since it is backward compatible.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Don't knock the faucet's, there are some really cool ones out there.
Like this one.

Maybe Dolby Atmos 2.0 will be worth it. I wasn't impressed hearing it in my local theaters. :(

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Ok I'm back after a Hellish Christmas season and Time for me to post results and send them to Gene I also Am including the New TMNT Blu Ray Atmos version along with the Transformers one. I will say TMNT is a WAY better movie than TF4 and actually better for Atmos. But you will all see that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis