AV Receiver Question of the day.

• Thread starter Steve Pitbull Potenziano
  • Start date
Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Will you be asking for or getting a new AV receiver for some one on your or their Christmas List? If so which one and why? Will it be a Atmos AVR or just a basic one? We would like to know.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'd love to get a new Pioneer Elite receiver, and Atmos definitely intrigues me. Probably not in the cards this holiday season, though, as my current Pioneer Elite does most of what I want.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm in the market for a new or used receiver for the living room. I just need it to do the basics, nothing crazy. As for Atmos, I'm waiting to see how it shakes out. I 100% want it, but am curious to see what DTS comes out with.

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
These are the EXCAT reply's Im looking for Great guys :)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just bought my Marantz SR7008 couple weeks ago, so no. :) It has all features I will need, at least for now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I'm not buying an AVR, but I don't want to miss out on any parties. :)

If I were buying this very day, I would find a deal on a new Denon X4000 for around $650 shipped.

It has pre-outs so you could use as a great pre-pro if you like. It has the flagship Audyssey XT32 + dual SubHT EQ + DEQ. All that I really want in a processor.

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
No Christmas AV stuff for me. :(
Tax and Bonus money maybe....if we don't put all of it towards a swimming pool.
My family's priorities are all messed up.

If I was to buy a receiver today, and I could use one, it would be the X4000.
The Atmos/UHS stuff can wait since I have sidewise vaulted ceilings.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No Christmas AV stuff for me. :(
Tax and Bonus money maybe....if we don't put all of it towards a swimming pool.
My family's priorities are all messed up.

If I was to buy a receiver today, and I could use one, it would be the X4000.
The Atmos/UHS stuff can wait since I have sidewise vaulted ceilings.
There is a 0.0000000001% chance of me going for an AVR or processor with ATMOS/UHS. :)

Just like there is a 0.000000001% chance of me getting into 3D video. :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Nope. Perfectly satisfied w/ current X4000. There is nothing any new AVR has to offer that would make it worth my money or time to connect.

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
again it depends on what format you are going to run :)

surveyor

surveyor

Audioholic Chief
No- I'll tough it out with my AVR-4520ci, AVR-3312ci and my Yamaha RX-V2200. I like the new Denons and Yammies, but I'm content with my units!

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Nope. Perfectly satisfied w/ current X4000. There is nothing any new AVR has to offer that would make it worth my money or time to connect.
again it depends on what format you are going to run :)
Curious response. I thought that, "nothing any new AVR has to offer that would make it worth my money", was a pretty clear indication that the new formats are not something for which I would spend any money... at this time. ;)

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Again Not that I don't disagree BUT if you heard the new formats you may change your mind ;)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
As much as getting a new amp intrigues me (I've looked at Marantz and Anthem) My Yamaha still works fine. It's about 7 years old now, but I can't justify spending $ on a new amp when this one works. Besides, I am waiting on my new matching center channel to be delivered :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As much as getting a new amp intrigues me (I've looked at Marantz and Anthem) My Yamaha still works fine. It's about 7 years old now, but I can't justify spending $ on a new amp when this one works. Besides, I am waiting on my new matching center channel to be delivered :)
Yeah, they're kind of like sink faucets; you should buy a new one when they break. :)

I just replaced one of my bathroom sink faucets yesterday. It only took me about 3 hours. :eek: Buying AVRs are sooooooooooooooooo much more fun :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Again Not that I don't disagree BUT if you heard the new formats you may change your mind ;)
From most of the people's impressions thus far, would you conclude that most people are ecstatic with ATMOS? Enough to demote their $2k AVR to buy a new one? :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, they're kind of like sink faucets; you should buy a new one when they break. :)

I just replaced one of my bathroom sink faucets yesterday. It only took me about 3 hours. :eek: Buying AVRs are sooooooooooooooooo much more fun :)
Tell that to Adam :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis