Status
Not open for further replies.
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
UPDATE: Go to this thread for discussion of the new vBulletin 4.2 forum

Hey guys;

We will be upgrading our forum from Vbulletin to Xenforo in the course of the next 2-3 months. We are looking for beta testers but also some feedback here as to what you'd like to see on the new forum.

What do you like about our current forum and what do you think could be improved? What features would you like to see added, etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi Gene,

I'm not sure if the Mod's will automatically be in the beta group but if not please count me in. I'll think in detail about changes/additions but I would say at minimum some better form of mobile support. I'm not sure if you have to optimize your new board to use tapatalk. I've heard to it to work correctly with vbulliten there needs to be a plugin installed.

Thanks!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Like I said - I'd be glad to

Also, Like ADK Said - support for Mobile devices is high priority for me too

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'd be happy to be a beta tester. I just hope that I post enough to add value. :D I'll think about possible improvements and post again later.

jinjuku

jinjuku

1. AVS switched to menu dropped down based forum navigation. It sucks big time. I'm dealing with it but hate it none the less.

2. A bit larger attachment sizes would be nice. I'll even send you a couple of 2 TB HD's :D

3. Ability to display images directly from computer. No more hosting services like flickr etc...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
1. AVS switched to menu dropped down based forum navigation. It sucks big time. I'm dealing with it but hate it none the less.

2. A bit larger attachment sizes would be nice. I'll even send you a couple of 2 TB HD's :D

3. Ability to display images directly from computer. No more hosting services like flickr etc...
more storage for PMs - C'mon - they don't take that much room! :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I like vBulletin. It's easy to post and navigate, not to mention that a few other sites I visit also use it, so it is familiar. Why is Xenforo superior? Why did you feel AH needs an upgrade?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I like vBulletin. It's easy to post and navigate, not to mention that a few other sites I visit also use it, so it is familiar. Why is Xenforo superior? Why did you feel AH needs an upgrade?
I'm with you. I love Vbulletin. But VB4.0 has been plagued with issues since Internet Brands took it over. Their support doesn't seem as good. We were gonna wait for VB5.0 but don't have a lot of confidence in it.

Xenforo has some really cool features from our research, including SEO optimization.

I feel our forums are growing too slowly and there are people having daily registration problems we cannot resolve.

I also want the forum to have a navigation bar and better integrate it with the editorial site content. I wonder how many forum users actually don't realize there is an Audioholics Editorial site let alone an Estore :eek:

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm willing to test it out too. I dunno what xenforo is but it can't be as lame as huddler. I do like vb though.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm willing to test it out too. I dunno what xenforo is but it can't be as lame as huddler. I do like vb though.
Don't worry Huddler is NOT an option for Audioholics I am considering.

Here is an example of a popular forum using Xenforo so you can get an idea of how it would look.

IGN Boards

majorloser

majorloser

I'm a glutton for punishment. Sign me up.

It's not like I have a real life or anything......:(

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm with you. I love Vbulletin. But VB4.0 has been plagued with issues since Internet Brands took it over. Their support doesn't seem as good. We were gonna wait for VB5.0 but don't have a lot of confidence in it.

Xenforo has some really cool features from our research, including SEO optimization.

I feel our forums are growing too slowly and there are people having daily registration problems we cannot resolve.

I also want the forum to have a navigation bar and better integrate it with the editorial site content. I wonder how many forum users actually don't realize there is an Audioholics Editorial site let alone an Estore :eek:
Understood. Thanks.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm willing to help out. Just be careful with the estore. Last thing I want is more conspiracy theorists thinking that influences reviews. :p

I would love a longer editing window on posts in certain section at the very least. Whatever you do don't add a political or religious section. There are plenty of places to discuss that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... Whatever you do don't add a political or religious section. There are plenty of places to discuss that.
Actually, we need three sections: political, religious and a combo of the two;):D:D:D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I really like Vbulletin too; with some minor tweaks it would be close to perfect.

Gene, have you expressed your concerns directly to them?
Just wondering if you got any input about what's included in updates to the new version?...and if they'd be significant enough to stay on board?
Besides that, I hate change! :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Looks fine to me. I'd like the poles feature and calender back if possible. A calender with all the different audio events listed would be cool. (events would have to be submitted for approval of course... The loser isn't doing anything anyway:D)

I really like Vbulletin too; with some minor tweaks it would be close to perfect.

Gene, have you expressed your concerns directly to them?
Just wondering if you got any input about what's included in updates to the new version?...and if they'd be significant enough to stay on board?
Besides that, I hate change! :D
me too.

status quo for the win! :D
Get back to eating your bran muffins an renewing your AARP memberships.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis