Audioholics 2012 GTG Event: Live Demos, Meet & Greet, FREE Prizes Food & Drink

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Weather

Just replying to some complaints about the weather, just so people know this was unusual weather for this time of year and temperatures were below normal and the trailing winds and clouds from the large storm made for a sort of blustery day for Florida. Still a bad fall day in Florida is way better than a 40 degree day somewhere else. :)
Yes, very true. Florida's coldest does not even happen until late December, mostly at night in the 40's. Being that unusual weather seems to be the norm,we were lucky not to even get the blunt of fit like the Northeastern States. Our best wishes for all of those who live there and couldn't make it to the show, including some of our own family members.

Hope to see you all next year. Hopefully the weather will be like back in 2007/2008, sunny and beach friendly!

Thanks to all and we're happy that we can look into another one for next year! :cool:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
...we were lucky not to even get the blunt of fit like the Northeastern States. Our best wishes for all of those who live there and couldn't make it to the show, including some of our own family members.

Hope to see you all next year. Hopefully the weather will be like back in 2007/2008, sunny and beach friendly!

Thanks to all and we're happy that we can look into another one for next year! :cool:
It was nice to talk to you for a few minutes, before we had to head home early to face this storm.
Hard to believe our 5 day trip was cut short by 4 days.
At least we got to see the Salk room for ten minutes.:D

D

diablo561

Audiophyte
I enjoyed the GTG. My main interest was to hear the Salk speakers and see the Emotiva XMC-1. I met Dan from Emotiva, who explained all the good points about his product, and I got a chance to actually see and touch the unit. The Salks were beautiful and sounded great, but for me the surprise of the show was the Angel City Audio "Trinity" speakers. I was astounded at the sound coming out of these speakers for the price. The cabinetry was top notch too. I'm thinking hard about these. The food was good and met some nice people. Thanks for a nice day.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
No, SG SII
Wow, didn't realize the S2's camera was that good. I have the Galaxy Nexus, and the camera sucks (rest of the phone is great, though). If I had that camera on this phone I'd be ecstatic. Thank you for the pictures.

J

Jogg

Audiophyte
Great Event

Hey everybody,

I'm brand new to Audioholics, but got a chance to go to Florida for the Get Together Event. I tell you what, the Audioholics crew sure knows how to throw a party. I've never been to one with a BELLY DANCER before, but wow she sure knew how to liven up the place. I hope everyone that attended had fun, and I look forward to posting here and talking with everyone. Thank you to Gene, his family, vendors, and the whole Audioholics crew for the great time!

Joe E.
Emotiva

Cliff_is

Cliff_is

Audioholics Content Manager
Hey everybody,

I'm brand new to Audioholics, but got a chance to go to Florida for the Get Together Event. I tell you what, the Audioholics crew sure knows how to throw a party. I've never been to one with a BELLY DANCER before, but wow she sure knew how to liven up the place. I hope everyone that attended had fun, and I look forward to posting here and talking with everyone. Thank you to Gene, his family, vendors, and the whole Audioholics crew for the great time!

Joe E.
Emotiva
Joe, I love that you put JOGG as your forum name. :D

I hope the name sticks.

For those who weren't at the event, Joe's name badge read "Jogg" instead of "Joe" for some reason.

TICA

TICA

Oppsie,

Joe, I love that you put JOGG as your forum name. :D

I hope the name sticks.

For those who weren't at the event, Joe's name badge read "Jogg" instead of "Joe" for some reason.
Secretarial error and we apologize. But, I'm glad it did work out at the end. Great time guys and looking forward for more next year and at CEDIA ;)

TICA

TICA

Thank you

It was nice to talk to you for a few minutes, before we had to head home early to face this storm.
Hard to believe our 5 day trip was cut short by 4 days.
At least we got to see the Salk room for ten minutes.:D
The same to you both. It was nice to meet you and hope you stay dry and not too many problems with the electricity. Safety first! :)

TICA

TICA

Believer

Would you believe If I told you these shots made with smartphone?
I Believe it. I took a lot of pics with mine, the Android LG VS920 4G. So good I was able to take great pics at CEDIA and post to Facebook instantly. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I Believe it. I took a lot of pics with mine, the Android LG VS920 4G. So good I was able to take great pics at CEDIA and post to Facebook instantly. :)
Yep that camera is superior to the one in my iPhone4. Bad iPhone bad! :)

Matt34

Matt34

.... but for me the surprise of the show was the Angel City Audio "Trinity" speakers. I was astounded at the sound coming out of these speakers for the price. The cabinetry was top notch too. I'm thinking hard about these...
Glad to see other's that really enjoyed them. I think they are some of the best I've heard.

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
It was great to meet a bunch of you over the weekend, and I want to give Gene and the AH crew props for taking care of the Sponsors really well and doing their very best to make our efforts and expenditures a rewarding investment. Not all shows are that way! Hugh and I (and hopefully Nhan next time) expect to be back next year, and we'll probably bring even more stuff.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Being unable to resist temptation, and having spent days softening up my wife; I just pulled the trigger on the SongTowerRT's from the GTG. They will be returning to Florida soon.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Being unable to resist temptation, and having spent days softening up my wife; I just pulled the trigger on the SongTowerRT's from the GTG. They will be returning to Florida soon.
Congrats! That's good news. Are you getting the STs in the GTG photo? Those are excellent. I think they're named Super Charged SongTowers (SCST) with the magnesium alloy Seas W15 midwoofs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis