Audioholics 2012 GTG Event: Live Demos, Meet & Greet, FREE Prizes Food & Drink

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, I am getting the ones pictured from the event.

My true love (sonically) was the SS; but I'm really messing with my current budget getting the ST... and it's one of the prettiest woods I've seen used.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

My true love (sonically) was the SS; but I'm really messing with my current budget getting the ST... and it's one of the prettiest woods I've seen used.
It looks like cherry with a medium red dye color. Yes? Jim always seems to do an excellent job with his veneers. I really like the hardwood frame around the front baffle.

Apparently you spent a bunch of hours listening to them at the GTG, so I don't have to tell you that you're gonna love how they sound :D.

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General

I've said before that my preference was the Soundscapes.. I think a good part of that assessment was due to that outrageous book matched veneer job!
The van Alstine guy told me it took 3 days for the Salk finish guy to apply and finish it, hence the 4k upgrade IIRC.
Bottom line-add a little for a killer finish, you'll be glad you did every time you look at and listen to them.
Cheers, Mac

majorloser

majorloser

In any event, we were very pleased with the turnout and as a result, next year we plan on expanding this event with:
  • two day showing
  • nicer hotel and preferably beach location (ie. Siesta Key, or Lido Beach)
  • more demo rooms (goal 8-10)
  • educational seminars
  • raffle with lots of home theater gear
I figured you would shoot for Raymond James Stadium for the next event.

(Clint, you win the bet. I'll send you the $20)

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Nice

I figured you would shoot for Raymond James Stadium for the next event.

(Clint, you win the bet. I'll send you the $20)
Now, we don't want to get too big :D

These are the three options and people are welcome to give their input, Although, the final say its ours.

Lido Beach Resort

Hyatt Regency Sarasota

Ritz Carlton Hotel Sarasota

It's all up to the date of availability, spacing and budget price.
These are our three dates in mind; please feel free to give us feedback...
1. October 5t-6th
2. November 2nd-3rd
3. November 9th-10th

Thanks everyone for your feedback, greatly appreciated.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I think Nov starts to push close to Thanksgiving. As such: I vote for October.

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
Keep in mind that October 5th-6th is the weekend before RMAF, which would only give the vendors about a 2 day turnaround. (those that drive their gear to Denver like Hugh, Jim Salk, and Dr. Hsu might even be heading out on Tuesday) It would be impossible for Hugh and I to do both, and I bet many others would have the same problem.

I vote for November 2nd-3rd, which is almost 3 weeks separated from both RMAF and Thanksgiving.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Keep in mind that October 5th-6th is the weekend before RMAF, which would only give the vendors about a 2 day turnaround. (those that drive their gear to Denver like Hugh, Jim Salk, and Dr. Hsu might even be heading out on Tuesday) It would be impossible for Hugh and I to do both, and I bet many others would have the same problem.

I vote for November 2nd-3rd, which is almost 3 weeks separated from both RMAF and Thanksgiving.
Agreed. It has to be either early November or August. August is very hot in Florida, November is better.

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Agreed

Yes, that does present a problem with shows getting so close together. If we don't have the vendors, no show :cool:

Thanks to all for your feedback. We'll continue to check on them

G

gib

Audioholic Intern
I actually may be in the area then, so count me in. "Sounds" like great fun.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis