S

Solid-State

Banned
What makes you think they are? Did you ever audition any Cinepro or AB Amps, and where? This is a whole new ball game, we're not back in 95.
I guess you just refuse to explain why you played stupid. That's fine and it's your own prerogative but we can only speculate why considering your ADMITTED you have an intimate relationship with Cinepro and their speaker OEM...

Also are you now claiming it's a different design?

You know a lot more about the inside story on this then I do. How does Bob of AB International feel about Cinepro taking a design he used to sell to them and then cutting him out and getting another outfit to built practically the same design.

Perhaps this is why Bob is selling his units for 50% off?

I would also like to know how you feel about the products your involved directly or indirectly selling at those websites you posted linked to in this thread. They seem to sell the kinda of audio gear you guys claim is BS when all you need is ATI and a Denon AVR.

How would customers of those sites feel if they knew the owners/management think their product is BS!

OR are you only honest with your cronies ehh?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
BTW the ONLY amp I have that has zero audible hiss through my ribbons is, wait for it... $179 close out Crown XLS402D.

Not my Adcom
Not my Parasound
Not my Carver

A $179 EOL Crown. And it's the amp in the stack and it's staying there. If you can make it to this July's tent party at Parts Express in Dayton/Springboro Ohio I would love a blind shoot off of the Pre you love vs my EMU 1212M.
I'm thinking of buying a Crown XTI or XLS for my FA-18.0s.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
No I don't believe Irv's question was genuine about me working for RME.
Actually, it was a genuine question, because I didn't think mere schilling would account for your passion and your vituperative tone.

Frankly, jinjuku, moderator or not, I don't care for your aggressive behavior. My opinion about the RME device or any other device is my opinion, it was stated that way, and while I would normally go one level deeper with my argument (and I am capable of that) I'm not going to, because I'm not going to be part of this feeding frenzy.

As for you, solid-state, I'm not answering you again until you tell me why you believe that differences at -80db or more are audible.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I guess you just refuse to explain why you played stupid. That's fine and it's your own prerogative but we can only speculate why considering your ADMITTED intimate relationship with Cinepro...

Also are you now claiming it's a different design?

You know a lot more about the inside story on this then I do. How does Bob of AB International feel about Cinepro taking a design he used to sell to them and then cutting him out and getting another outfit to built practically the same design.

Perhaps this is why Bob is selling his units for 50% off?
Get something straight, AB was the OEM for Cinepro, OK They made their money. Maybe Eric designed the Cinepro and used AB as their OEM and AB is using his design now. I got you all F-up now, don't I. You'll never know the whole story and you know why, because you are a nobody and I'll never give it to you and I know. HaHa... I am not even get Felix in this game.

S

Solid-State

Banned
Get something straight, AB was the OEM for Cinepro, OK They made their money. Maybe Eric designed the Cinepro and used AB as their OEM and AB is using his design now. I got you all F-up now, don't I. You'll never know the whole story and you know why, because you are a nobody and I'll never give it to you and I know. HaHa... I am not even get Felix in this game.
What utter BS and a testament to you character. I can only imagine how many rich dudes you nailed on gear to be where you are today.

CLASS ACT

S

Solid-State

Banned
I'm curious what your definition of "class" is after making an insinuation like that.

Alright, I lied - I don't care.
Well it's the same story as Behringer stealing/cloning designs from outfits like Peavey etc.

That's what I meant by class and also his childish response regarding sharing the back story.

CLASS ACT

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well it's the same story as Behringer stealing/cloning designs from outfits like Peavey etc.

That's what I meant by class.
I deleted my post after you fundamentally changed the meaning of your post by adding "on gear" to the wording. Still, a heck of an insinuation as you have it now.

S

Solid-State

Banned
I deleted my post after you fundamentally changed the meaning of your post by adding "on gear" to the wording. Still, a heck of an insinuation as you have it now.
WHAT!!!

fundamentally ????

What did you think I meant by nailed!

I was not talking like Frank Zappa and the Hershey Highway!

ROTFL

I'm talking selling AV gear at 500% margins that you personally don't even believe in.

I can though see the analogy !

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I'm talking selling AV gear at 500% margins that you personally don't even believe in.
Oh I believe in Cinepro, AB and Belles. But then again I do drive a 60K Lexus thanks to them, no just kidding. You sure are something else. Not ever body is a sleeze bag. Next amp is gonna be an ATI, best bang for the buck. Looks like the hour glass is running out for you.

S

Solid-State

Banned
I'm thinking of buying a Crown XTI or XLS for my FA-18.0s.
I seriously don't understand you. If you really love audio and want to make IMHO a smart purchase on a product that will probably increase in value and give you sonic returns then you really should consider Reference 10.2 for those Salon 2s.

To let emotional spite get in the way of this because of me is... foolish and you'll be the one losing out!

Also I actually have THE BALLS to backup my assertion with a bet I'm willing to run NAKED through my street with an Audioholics logo on my chest if you HONESTLY don't hear a difference.

There is one criteria though... you have to get your ears cleaned out of wax at the doctor's office.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Solid State can you enlighten us on the audio equipment you currently use in your setup. Thanks

S

Solid-State

Banned
Solid State can you enlighten us on the audio equipment you currently use in your setup. Thanks
Sure DIY and Emotiva amps...

I do though want a Kingwa DAC even though I have a modified Asus Essence ST.

I was considering Phil2 or Sierra Tower but now I'm going to build a pair of Don Keele's CBT36s.

My fronts will be CBT36s with CLD Dynamic 4CC center. For rears I'll prob use Mirage OMD-6s and a sub I'll prob use a Brian Ding unit or BFM TubaHT or possibly even a Danley unit.

Does that sound good to you ccp? Any suggestions... I'd appreciate it!

PS I'd LOVE to pickup that AB 6500 SE like on the AVforum site that englishman purchased. If I can score one of those for $3800 to around $4500 with cap choices I'm in.

Last edited:
S

Solid-State

Banned
I don't know but I speculate it's AB International design that came off of Moris's production line in CA?

Are you willing to share and not be childish about it?

Just so you all know I'm not an industry insider nor a retailer nor a distributor of any equipment what so ever. I do have to admit I have friends in Calgary at that most famous design house. That's it.

My Dad worked at an AV shop in the 80s that a good friend of mine Dad also worked at. We sorta grew up in a stereo shop. My friend went on to be Ed's right hand man...

ME...

I'll admit I haven't done **** and I'm basically a loser with no real money or success in this field. I LOVE THIS STUFF though and I have a passion for it more than anybody I know. I'm always learning new things and I'm open to others "schooling" me as some in this thread put it... It sure as hell isn't going to be a level 2 CEDIA cert installer guy though!

All my knowledge is also self taught as I don't have an EE degree.

I'm curious what you guys opinions are about EMMlabs product.

PS I remember setting up my first demo room at age 8 and I'm in my thirties now.

Last edited:
walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Sure DIY and Emotiva amps...

I do though want a Kingwa DAC even though I have a modified Asus Essence ST.

I was considering Phil2 or Sierra Tower but now I'm going to build a pair of Don Keele's CBT36s.

My fronts will be CBT36s with CLD Dynamic 4CC center. For rears I'll prob use Mirage OMD-6s and a sub I'll prob use a Brian Ding unit or BFM TubaHT or possibly even a Danley unit.

Does that sound good to you ccp? Any suggestions... I'd appreciate it!

PS I'd LOVE to pickup that AB 6500 SE like on the AVforum site that englishman purchased. If I can score one of those for $3800 to around $4500 with cap choices I'm in.
You remind me of the guy that watches the stock market all day and don't own a single share. I know that's cold, I just can't resist. You crack me up, I am having good laugh right now, thanks to you.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Actually, it was a genuine question
No, no it wasn't. Don't insult the collective here with that.

Frankly, jinjuku, moderator or not, I don't care for your aggressive behavior.
What aggressive behavior? The only times I became confrontational with you is in your two unfounded claims:

1. The RME is build quality is not that of the Benchmark (which after seeing the pick of the Benchmark is it run of the mill taped out PCB assembly). I would know: I have an in-house Ethernet enabled relay we have taped out and produced in CT.

2. I am a shill for RME

My opinion about the RME device or any other device is my opinion, it was stated that way, and while I would normally go one level deeper with my argument (and I am capable of that) I'm not going to, because I'm not going to be part of this feeding frenzy.
Ok you said:

The RME is built like a cheap piece of junk by comparison, though I suspect the two would sound indistinguishable in A/B testing.
It's amazing that entirety of context can hinge on a single word. Given today's PCB manufacturing I would imagine both the Benchmark and RME are based on SMT tinsel lead FPGA packaging with hole through for any mechanicals (power leads, 1/4", control pot mounting etc) and all on a standard 4 layer board.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Solid-State

Banned
You remind me of the guy that watches the stock market all day and don't own a single share. I know that's cold, I just can't resist. You crack me up, I am having good laugh right now, thanks to you.
At least I appear to have a better understanding than you do of EE design and acoustics.

And thanks for putting me down.

Do you now feel big in your fancy Lexus?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Asus Essence ST
I'm using the same card, what mod's are you using with the card ? At the moment I'm using a StarTech Firewire PCI card to my DAC.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis