rysher

rysher

Audiophyte
sorry to revive this old thread but this is the obly thread i cant find with the at2000 in the title.
1 queation, the at2000 is class ab amp?
thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
sorry to revive this old thread but this is the obly thread i cant find with the at2000 in the title.
thank you
Yep. The class D amps they offer are more recent.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
thank you
Yes. The AT2000 amps are class-AB.

The only ATI amps that are class D are the N-Core amps that have the letters NC at the end of the name like AT528NC.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I have sold a bunch of the new D Series amps and my customers love them.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Many of us know ATI makes OEM amps for "half a dozen" other companies. :D

Some include Mark Levinson, Lexicon, JBL, Earthquake Sound, Cinepro, and Outlaw Audio.

So I saw this on Home Theater Magazine regarding the Outlaw 7500, which is a clone of the AT2005:

http://www.hometheater.com/content/outlaw-audio-7500-5-channel-power-amplifier-measurements
And now Monoprice.

I know, old post but I do believe the 2xxx series are what we think the Monolith are clones of as well, correct? Measurements are all pretty close from what I saw.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And now Monoprice.

I know, old post but I do believe the 2xxx series are what we think the Monolith are clones of as well, correct? Measurements are all pretty close from what I saw.
Actually I kinda remember the 18xx series was mentioned before....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's the 2xxx series. The 2007 reads almost identical, right down to the weight. The 18xx are rated (conservatively) 180 wpc.

*Edit: Aside from rated power the 18xx does also match up almost identically as well, right down to the weight and lack of XLR connections (like mine).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
And now Monoprice.

I think the Monolith amps are closer to the old ATI AT1800 models since the AT2000 models were fully balanced.

I would think it's much easier to take a single-ended AT1800 and juice it up a few watts than to take a dual-differential fully balanced design and turn it into a single-ended design.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think the Monolith amps are closer to the old ATI AT1800 models since the AT2000 models were fully balanced.
Yeah, I just looked that up. Power rating is different tho. Plus the Monolith does come with XLR connections now, doesn't it?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I just looked that up. Power rating is different tho. Plus the Monolith does come with XLR connections now, doesn't it?
The Monolith has XLR, but it's still single-ended, not fully balanced.

Not much difference between "200" and "180". I think it's a matter of tweaking the power supply a little and spec a little different.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think it goes back to that "conservative" rating was mentioned in another conversation. The XLR connections don't necessarily make it a balanced amp, tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it goes back to that "conservative" rating was mentioned in another conversation. The XLR connections don't necessarily make it a balanced amp, tho.
Yeah, ADTG just educated me, lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis