Are we, as a country, at 'Terminal Entitlement?"

jinjuku

jinjuku

On the r/autorepair at reddit there is a poster pretty much stating that dealer insurance should cover damages incurred while he was driving the loaner.

And MANY of the posters seem in default agreement. It's literally concerning that this many people can be this absolutely stupid.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So the customer didn't buy insurance and whines about it, that's a national indictment of what particularly?

jinjuku

jinjuku

So the customer didn't buy insurance and whines about it, that's a national indictment of what particularly?
No, they had insurance of their own but was incredulous that the dealership was asking for them to pay for the replacement, i.e. the dealership insurance isn't going to cover it. They simply had the expectation that the dealer would eat it.

My point being is the default position about 'not my responsibility'. And like half the posts are like going along those lines of thought.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No, they had insurance of their own but was incredulous that the dealership was asking for them to pay for the replacement, i.e. the dealership insurance isn't going to cover it. They simply had the expectation that the dealer would eat it.

My point being is the default position about 'not my responsibility'. And like half the posts are like going along those lines of thought.
I may not have delved into the details.....the dealer had insurance but their insurance company denied the claim or it wasn't covered in their policy or the driver's own insurance didn't cover such or ?

jinjuku

jinjuku

No
I may not have delved into the details.....the dealer had insurance but their insurance company denied the claim or it wasn't covered in their policy or the driver's own insurance didn't cover such or ?
The person driving the loaner car, who has responsibility for it, was defaulting to the dealership should take care of it since they are a 'big company' and 'they are a "good customer" '

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The person driving the loaner car, who has responsibility for it, was defaulting to the dealership should take care of it since they are a 'big company' and 'they are a "good customer" '
Well that's not quite the answer I was trying to determine as to whose insurance covered it or not. Initially in that he was directed to not get into an accident I'd read myself as that I'd need to provide my own insurance via rider or something or clarify coverage with the dealer before driving off.

jinjuku

jinjuku

When you sign for a car: uhaul, Home Depot, Avis, car dealership you sign a contract, now days electronic, that you have responsibility for the car.

To entertain the idea that a dealership wouldn't protect the investment that a 2023 Volvo XC40 costs without a legally binding agreement smacks is incredulity.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Sounds like he didn't want that accident on his record with his insurance company.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm confused by this. If I have a rental I'd want full coverage on it so in case something happens I'm not paying for the entire car. Especially if I'm not a risky insurance liability.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Will the other thread creators get the right to moderate their own threads, similar to what you do?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
It’s even national ‘Terminal Entitlement’ level. :rolleyes:

And only whining about dudes whining about car rental insurance is on topic for national ‘Terminal Entitlement’ as other posts are deleted.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Will the other thread creators get the right to moderate their own threads, similar to what you do?
I've already asked and will ask again. If you start a thread and need a 100% off topic/ intentional derailment post deleted. Report it.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've already asked and will ask again. If you start a thread and need a 100% off topic/ intentional derailment post deleted. Report it.
So what so off-topic about my post that you deleted then?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It's likely that we don't have enough details. If you get a loaner and sign a car rental agreement, then the responsibility is stated in the agreement. Some repair shops, though, just hand you a set of keys and loan the car as a fovour. That is not much different than borrowing a car from your neighbour, as there is no written agreement. In those instances, the insurance is on the vehicle, not the driver, and it is the car owner's responsibility to lend it to a qualified individual and accept the risks. So unless the repair shop has a signed agreement for loaning the vehicle, I think the insurance liability would lie with the owner of the vehicle, which is not related to the moral responsibility implied by the first post.

jinjuku

jinjuku

It's likely that we don't have enough details. If you get a loaner and sign a car rental agreement, then the responsibility is stated in the agreement. Some repair shops, though, just hand you a set of keys and loan the car as a fovour. That is not much different than borrowing a car from your neighbour, as there is no written agreement. In those instances, the insurance is on the vehicle, not the driver, and it is the car owner's responsibility to lend it to a qualified individual and accept the risks. So unless the repair shop has a signed agreement for loaning the vehicle, I think the insurance liability would lie with the owner of the vehicle, which is not related to the moral responsibility implied by the first post.
OP stated they signed an electronic agreement.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So what were the stipulations of this electronic agreement and whose insurance was to cover something like this?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Is it only the "terminally entitled? would try to get out of this? No one else would try? :eek: ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis