Another newb looking for advice

R

RyanB

Audiophyte
Hello. (First post) - I started out in the mancave thinking id never want surround for movies, so I got my klipschorns and my 2 channel parasound amp with the integra 30.3 dtr receiver. I came into a big screen tv so I decided to pickup the klipsch quintet 5.0 surround speakers that were on a good sale... Might as well do the home theater too right? So now im thinking i need a subwoofer, and im wondering if im best off using the klischorns as my fronts, or should I pickup more speakers like the surrounds for movie watching? Im looking for a good balance in sound, it does seem pretty front heavy the way it is, but maybe thats what its supposed to be... Anyone got any input on my setup and/or a recommendation on a $400 range subwoofer as an addition?
Thanks for reading

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You can look into HSU Reasearch, Rythmik, or SVS. You may have to raise your budget to $500 though.

G

gary walker

Audiophyte
You can look into HSU Reasearch, Rythmik, or SVS. You may have to raise your budget to $500 though.
I would think a sub would help a lot more than additional surrounds.
If the sound is front heavey, you might want to take a look at your surround placement. For a 5.1 system, they probably want to be further back than the would with a 7.1 system.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If your system is set up properly, there's generally not a lot of action from the surrounds and rears from movies. If you have it set to all channel stereo or something like that, then it should be fairly even.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis