Another newb looking for advice

R

RyanB

Audiophyte
Hello. (First post) - I started out in the mancave thinking id never want surround for movies, so I got my klipschorns and my 2 channel parasound amp with the integra 30.3 dtr receiver. I came into a big screen tv so I decided to pickup the klipsch quintet 5.0 surround speakers that were on a good sale... Might as well do the home theater too right? So now im thinking i need a subwoofer, and im wondering if im best off using the klischorns as my fronts, or should I pickup more speakers like the surrounds for movie watching? Im looking for a good balance in sound, it does seem pretty front heavy the way it is, but maybe thats what its supposed to be... Anyone got any input on my setup and/or a recommendation on a $400 range subwoofer as an addition?
Thanks for reading

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
You can look into HSU Reasearch, Rythmik, or SVS. You may have to raise your budget to $500 though.

G

gary walker

Audiophyte
You can look into HSU Reasearch, Rythmik, or SVS. You may have to raise your budget to $500 though.
I would think a sub would help a lot more than additional surrounds.
If the sound is front heavey, you might want to take a look at your surround placement. For a 5.1 system, they probably want to be further back than the would with a 7.1 system.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If your system is set up properly, there's generally not a lot of action from the surrounds and rears from movies. If you have it set to all channel stereo or something like that, then it should be fairly even.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis