Amp Suggestions for Denon AVR-3311CI

K

k_lewis

Junior Audioholic
The Emotiva XPA-5 at $899 proved that to me, even with Klipsch Reference speakers at 98db - 1W/1M sensitivity. The addition of an external amp for ACD Movies, and 2 Channel Stereo made a World of Difference -- PERIOD.......
Exactly!! I'm glad that adding the separate amp gave you the world of difference you were looking for. As much as you love your Denon now, I do smell a new dedicated processor in your future... :D

If that ever does become the case, have a review of the specs on the Integra 80.2, will certainly not disappoint by any margin. List is around $2300 / used or dealer demo can be found for around $1800. If you don't care about 3D and ARC features, the previous 80.1 is exactly the same minus those features and goes for about $1300-$1500 pre-owned.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Make sense?
Only to a point but not a whole lot IMHO only. You may want to read up on this site and probably the NAD site to see what some of the experts say about dynamic power instead of fixated on the often useless continous ACD power in real world applicaions. Also, be careful with the hearsay things about the 'high current' deal. HK, NAD, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo all claim high current but it is meaningless by itself without more detailed information to support such claims and more importantly defining it first.

If you understand (NOT saying you don't) the basic electrical theories, current, voltage, power, impedance are all inter related so don't think for a moment that you can have a 200WPC into 8 ohm amp with very low distortion would not deliver the current that an expensive 50 amp would deliver and this is just an example.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis