Amazon is the Devil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
In all seriousness I'm getting fed up with all these streaming services raising their prices and cutting off services to higher tiers. First HBO Max now Amazon prime is charging for ad free and has recently removed both Dolby Atmos and Dolby vision from the lower tier. At least they left 4k for now....

The benefits of "legal" cord cutting becoming less and less desirable Amazon is making apple look like an angel.

Ok rant off lol

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL just the drug dealer marketing thing. I'm still smarting from the lack of bluray rentals via Netflix....

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Cost of everything has gone up and companies will always find ways to be more profitable. Streaming services are still very inexpensive and their cost increases I feel are still far below inflation, if you’re upset let’s talk about the grocery store.

I often rotate my streaming services and wait for them to send me offers to come back. If you’re penny pinching this is a good strategy.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nobody HAS TO stay with a content provider. I told DirecTV "It's not a life-altering situation, it's just TV" when I called to get a discount. Before I said this, they didn't want to do anything for me but after, they cut my bill in half. Amazon and other streaming services may not do this, but it's worth a try.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously? So they used to advertise it as ad free, now they are clearly advertising as a two-tier service. This is grasping at straws.
I highly doubt it will go through. That is like suing Disney or Netflix for doing the same thing. *TECHNICALLY* Prime Video's "normal" level was always FREE. We were paying for shipping and they threw in streaming for free. Now free includes commercials and they added a pay level, nothing "illegal" with that.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Somehow I doubt our local library has such, but I think I'll check it out. They might have dvd...
Most libraries are part of a larger library collective. I've found stuff in the libraries that even Netflix DVD services didn't have!

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
Cost of everything has gone up and companies will always find ways to be more profitable. Streaming services are still very inexpensive and their cost increases I feel are still far below inflation, if you’re upset let’s talk about the grocery store.

I often rotate my streaming services and wait for them to send me offers to come back. If you’re penny pinching this is a good strategy.
At least at the grocery store I'm paying more for the same product. With streaming I seem to be paying more for less.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Most libraries are part of a larger library collective. I've found stuff in the libraries that even Netflix DVD services didn't have!
They do apparently have some sort of network with other county libraries but don't seem to have any movies (at least not according to a search of available digital titles, they're all books/spoken word and none of the formats are movie-capable). Maybe I'll will my disc collection to them...my brother and sister are disc-less and think I'm nuts :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
All cable services are trying their best to screw over their subscribers, with rate increases, policy changes, adds or pay more to stop them. There is no Federal Regulation for this. Its a free for all. They all try to stay in some profit area, raise a little , push the subscription envelope a little more, It will slow down when the overall subscriber service count goes way way down, to where these services start hurting and having to layoff their employees, things could then change, maybe. But we all like our shows and music, and we will most likely pay, or find another service that is 20 cents cheaper LOL, a never ending change game. What I see next, is, if you cancel say this month and move on to another service and later on want to come back, they hit you with reactivation fees, maybe a deposit as well. Never know about BIG business.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
All cable services are trying their best to screw over their subscribers, with rate increases, policy changes, adds or pay more to stop them. There is no Federal Regulation for this. Its a free for all. They all try to stay in some profit area, raise a little , push the subscription envelope a little more, It will slow down when the overall subscriber service count goes way way down, to where these services start hurting and having to layoff their employees, things could then change, maybe. But we all like our shows and music, and we will most likely pay, or find another service that is 20 cents cheaper LOL, a never ending change game. What I see next, is, if you cancel say this month and move on to another service and later on want to come back, they hit you with reactivation fees, maybe a deposit as well. Never know about BIG business.
I can appreate the increase for companies like Netflix, they constantly have a solid influx of new content. Amazon not so much, Disney, not at all. HBO Max, dropped like a hot potato.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I can appreate the increase for companies like Netflix, they constantly have a solid influx of new content. Amazon not so much, Disney, not at all. HBO Max, dropped like a hot potato.
I like this statement from a Netflix investor letter dated Jan 23, 2024. “As we invest in and improve Netflix, we’ll occasionally ask our members to pay a little extra to reflect those improvements, which in turn helps drive the positive flywheel of additional investment to further improve and grow our service,” the company told investors.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I was finally able to convince my wife to drop the Prime membership. The only thing impacted is we now have a bit slower delivery, which was never guaranteed two days either way.

They killed Amazon Drive; the video streaming was never something I cared about nor needed; The amazon Photos sync app sucked. Prime Games (free video games) were ok for a while, but in the last six months of the year, the games selection winded down to either early 90s classic games or indie titles.
Edit: I forgot to mention that now unless you pay an extra $3/month, prime Video conveniently comes with ads.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Disney generally doesn't buy content, they make it. Which is sort of like nepotism? They buy a brand so they can crank out material to drive revenue. Making their own content, they think they can do no wrong and have a captive audience, which aside from families with kids for the most part, they don't.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Making their own content, they think they can do no wrong and have a captive audience, which aside from families with kids for the most part, they don't.
That's right, Disney is so tiny that it only caters to families with kids. /s Pay no attention to the chart below.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I unsubscribed to Disney largely because of the limited catalog, and to me it very much concentrates on the kid content....didn't know they bought GoPro, tho....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis