A/V program or software

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
Anyone aware of any audio/video programs for optimizing HD TV'S, and also for properly setting up surround sound. I read that some CD'S are out there floating around, I'm just not sure where to look, Oh and I'm anti Best Buy so that's not an option;)

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Blu-ray Disc calibration discs can be picked up at Amazon. There are a number of discs out there. I've heard the Disney WOW disc is pretty good. The Spears & Munsil disc is supposed to be good, as is the Digital Visual Essentials discs. These last two are more technical than the WOW disc.

Oooohhh... links....

Amazon.com: blu-ray disc calibration

pmcenaney

pmcenaney

Audioholic Intern
I just got the DVE bluray last week, and although it's a lot to comprehend at first, I have to say I'm amazed at the results. Everyone always commented on how much they loved the picture quality on my tv, and since calibrating it (about 3 hours to get it dialed in), I can honestly say the picture looks 100% better than it ever has, I can't believe I didn't get it sooner! I have also heard good things about the Disney WOW disc, although I liked the fact that DVE came with Red, Green, and Blue filters, because even though I found I could get the color very close using just the blue filter (The WOW disc only comes with a blue filter), I found myself going back and fourth between the 3 different filters quite a few times before I got the color perfect.

vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
Well it sounds like these calibration discs are worth their weight in gold, I think I'm going with the (WOW) option. Thanks again for the input.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis