Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been heavy into audio for the last 45 years. I've purchased ADS 710's, 810's, 910's, 1230's, 1530's, 1290's and several of their other models which elude me at this time. Wonderful speakers for the price. Still trying different equipment.
Welcome to AH. So which pair is your favorite and why?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I had the ADS 400 C dual Subs with satelite speakers in my car powered by the ADS Powerplatte, what a system that was. wow
I am not sure if ADS made their own speakers I think they where made by Brown in Germany, like I said I am not sure.

Last edited:
P

Pogue_Mahone

Audiophyte
Found this thread with google, trying to find new grilles for my A/D/S L1090s... I found them at a GARAGE SALE for like 10$ I was just driving by and happened to see them and immediately stopped and bought them, along with a yamaha amp and tuner, which happened to be DOA. These are the beginning of my home theater, I have already invested in my mobile audio with a McIntosh MC440M 6ch amp, all A/D/S speakers : 320is, pair of RS12s, 4 RS8s, pair of S7s, crossed over with Nakamichi EC302s, Kenwood X-591 head unit, cheap, but it has a 24bit DAC and USB. Nice to find this forum, since buying my L1090s I have picked up a pair of Mission 762i bookshelfs for the rear surrounds and a Mission FS2-S powered sub. Just need a good 5.1 amp and a ctr channel.
Oh if anyone has some nice grilles for my L1090s... please let me know.
Thanks

Duffinator

Duffinator

Found this thread with google, trying to find new grilles for my A/D/S L1090s... I found them at a GARAGE SALE for like 10$ I was just driving by and happened to see them and immediately stopped and bought them, along with a yamaha amp and tuner, which happened to be DOA. These are the beginning of my home theater, I have already invested in my mobile audio with a McIntosh MC440M 6ch amp, all A/D/S speakers : 320is, pair of RS12s, 4 RS8s, pair of S7s, crossed over with Nakamichi EC302s, Kenwood X-591 head unit, cheap, but it has a 24bit DAC and USB. Nice to find this forum, since buying my L1090s I have picked up a pair of Mission 762i bookshelfs for the rear surrounds and a Mission FS2-S powered sub. Just need a good 5.1 amp and a ctr channel.
Oh if anyone has some nice grilles for my L1090s... please let me know.
Thanks
I had a like new pair of L1090's and they sound fantastic. You can contact Richard So, an ex ADS employee, to see if he has any grills. He bought up their inventory of parts and may have a pair. I have an extra pair of metal L710/L520 grills but no extra L1090's.

Richard So: ads_speakers@yahoo.com

Also check audiokarma for more in depth info on ADS speakers.

I also support the ADS Referece Website and you can find more info there.

Welcome to AH.

A

Audioholik

Audiophyte
Set up a pair of 1230's in my dad's girlfriends house off of a Yamaha CR-1000. The midrange in particular from the dome's they used in this model and others is still up there with the best I've heard. Tweeters are fantastic as well. The midbass leaves something to be desired, but I've yet to bi-amp. Others w/1230's or any model using the dual 8 midbass, how much power are you sending them?

Duffinator

Duffinator

Set up a pair of 1230's in my dad's girlfriends house off of a Yamaha CR-1000. The midrange in particular from the dome's they used in this model and others is still up there with the best I've heard. Tweeters are fantastic as well. The midbass leaves something to be desired, but I've yet to bi-amp. Others w/1230's or any model using the dual 8 midbass, how much power are you sending them?
Welcome to AH. That Yamaha should have plenty of juice for the 1230's. Check the links I posted earlier and look for the 1980 brochure for the specs. I ran my L810's and L1090's with 100 watts and that was capable of pushing them to rock concert levels with no clipping. Yep those mid domes have some magic in them, they sound incredible with acoustic/string instruments. How about some pictures?

M

madstereoman

Audiophyte
what will be the purpose?

Are you looking to make them into home audio speakers? If so, I recommend you do some research and find the detailed technical specifications for the midrange, then use that info to make some rough calculations (formulas are all over the web). IMHO, though, since they are designed for use in a cavernous, rattly car door, I think you'd be ok to design a smallish, but solid (bookshelf size) box of your choosing, and add a bit of polyfill and be done with it. If it is for the car, do your best to isolate the backwave using a damping material, like dynamat or other. Custom kickpanel enclosures are out there too.....

:confused: i have a set of a/d/s S6.2i speakers for my car. i want to build a speaker box for them and i dont know how big i need to make it so if anyone knows and can help me out that would be great, thanks.

M

mcspadden

Audiophyte
ADS S6.2i Enclosure

Did you ever determine the dimensions needed for an enclosure for and ADS S6.2i? I need to build one also.

Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis