4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Though they changed or left out many small details, Dune 2 was still an excellent movie. Villeneuve's vision is clear about how he wants the film to look and feel and he is able to deliver it and that's a rare thing IMO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Aliens 4K, True Lies 4k, The Abyss 4k all delayed. My shipping notice says next week, but Amazon have also removed the ability to order them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Aliens 4K, True Lies 4k, The Abyss 4k all delayed. My shipping notice says next week, but Amazon have also removed the ability to order them.
Wow. Weird. They didn't produce enough discs? :D

All 3 of them were available to stream in 4K couple of months ago. Can't even order them on Amazon now due to "Out of Stock"?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Got my Abyss 4k yesterday and Aliens 4k arrived this morning. True Lies is now expected to arrive on March 25th.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Either they didn't produce enough or they didn't anticipate how many orders they would get lol. Or regionally, maybe they didn't get the shipments/allocation.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Either they didn't produce enough or they didn't anticipate how many orders they would get lol. Or regionally, maybe they didn't get the shipments/allocation.
I'm guessing not enough discs initially for everyone all at once. I'm hearing people getting their discs for all three - Aliens, Abyss, and True Lies.

Seems like there are many fans. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I'm guessing not enough discs initially for everyone all at once. I'm hearing people getting their discs for all three - Aliens, Abyss, and True Lies.

Seems like there are many fans. :D
The Abyss and True Lies is what everyone wants. Aliens is just a bonus. Eventually, all 4 Alien movies will have a 4k edition and then Fox/Disney will release them all in a nice 4k collectors edition. If 3 and 4 come out individually, I'm holding off. These companies love playing the game. Release single version, make millions, then come back later to release "Special Edition Pack" make more millions. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The Abyss and True Lies is what everyone wants. Aliens is just a bonus. Eventually, all 4 Alien movies will have a 4k edition and then Fox/Disney will release them all in a nice 4k collectors edition. If 3 and 4 come out individually, I'm holding off. These companies love playing the game. Release single version, make millions, then come back later to release "Special Edition Pack" make more millions. :D
Yeah. I think we've all been fooled too many times.

I remember buying that big fat LaserDisc collector's edition of The Abyss and Aliens for like $100 each. Bastards. :D

I actually like Aliens more than The Abyss and True Lies. :D

Yeah, I want Aliens-3 and Aliens-4 in 4K also.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
True Lies is the bonus for me. Aliens and Abyss are a must.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
True Lies is the bonus for me. Aliens and Abyss are a must.
I purchased the Aliens Quadrilogy set at BB back in the day on sale for like $30. So for me, I was never in a rush to purchase another copy since they kind of worked on those blu ray editions for that set (I think). Even now, I don't even own the 4k edition of Alien. Which, I believe if Cameron hadn't touched Aliens, the team at Fox would've done it. Which I'm guessing would've turned out better. Since Alien 4k was highly regarded and it was done by Fox. :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Yeah. I think we've all been fooled too many times.

I remember buying that big fat LaserDisc collector's edition of The Abyss and Aliens for like $100 each. Bastards. :D

I actually like Aliens more than The Abyss and True Lies. :D

Yeah, I want Aliens-3 and Aliens-4 in 4K also.
My family never got into LaserDisc. Went from VHS straight to DVD. I remember our first DVD player was a Toshiba. I think we purchased it in 1999. We got a free copy of Lost in Space with our purchase. And my first real DVD purchase was The Mummy and The Matrix. My parents had purchased a Sony Dolby pro-Logic 1 or 2 system back in the early 90's from Dayton's. I believe it was a 2.2 system. I don't recall there being a center channel. Just two towers and two rear speakers. Good times! :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
True Lies is probably one of my favorite action movies ever. I haven't seen The Abyss since I was a kid. Looking forward to watching that again.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I purchased the Aliens Quadrilogy set at BB back in the day on sale for like $30. So for me, I was never in a rush to purchase another copy since they kind of worked on those blu ray editions for that set (I think). Even now, I don't even own the 4k edition of Alien. Which, I believe if Cameron hadn't touched Aliens, the team at Fox would've done it. Which I'm guessing would've turned out better. Since Alien 4k was highly regarded and it was done by Fox. :)
I have the Quadrillogy also. I still bought Alien 4K on a holiday sale and it is the best looking and sounding that I've seen it, which is why I wanted Aliens. The rest I can live without lol. Already have Prometheus and Covenant 4K too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Trailer for the new Crow dropped today, it looks decent, but trailer makes it look like a little John Wick-ish.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have the Quadrillogy also. I still bought Alien 4K on a holiday sale and it is the best looking and sounding that I've seen it, which is why I wanted Aliens. The rest I can live without lol. Already have Prometheus and Covenant 4K too.
I like every movie in the Alien franchise, including Alien3 and Alien4. So they better remaster A3/A4 in the 4K. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My family never got into LaserDisc. Went from VHS straight to DVD. I remember our first DVD player was a Toshiba. I think we purchased it in 1999. We got a free copy of Lost in Space with our purchase. And my first real DVD purchase was The Mummy and The Matrix. My parents had purchased a Sony Dolby pro-Logic 1 or 2 system back in the early 90's from Dayton's. I believe it was a 2.2 system. I don't recall there being a center channel. Just two towers and two rear speakers. Good times! :D
I was a sucker for all video formats - VHS, LD, DVD, HD-DVD, and then BD/UHD. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like every movie in the Alien franchise, including Alien3 and Alien4. So they better remaster A3/A4 in the 4K. :D
I liked 3 and 4 also, just not as much. If they remaster them, I will play baseball lol. 3 was actually good. 4 was fun but went wrong somewhere toward the end.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Just got the Alien 6 disc version on Blu-ray’s it includes all versions of each film if there was one for each film or director cuts unrated or the theater release your choice . Haven’t tried all the Versions yet but if there any better sound or picture wise they the 4K versions will be a must have collection . I will say the extended version of Alien 3 is a whole different version I’ve never seen it flows so much better with the story line with the added back scenes my display upconverts these to 4 K really well it be a hard sell to get this in 4 K now but I’d be tempted if they had extended cut of the last two new ones I’d grab them up in 4K lol .

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I liked 3 and 4 also, just not as much. If they remaster them, I will play baseball lol. 3 was actually good. 4 was fun but went wrong somewhere toward the end.
Alien4 was really fun. Ripley being part-alien and the alien being part-Ripley was cool. So in the end on the ship headed for apocalyptic earth, how Ripley killed her alien “relative” or “offspring” was cold.

Yeah, I want all 6 Alien movie in 4K. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis