4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Update on Tron Legacy 4k-Supposedly Disney is only going to release the newer 4k remaster on Disney+ at the beginning. No date yet on actual physical copy.

Stupid Disney!!!
Well, at least it's a start. Better than nothing. :D

Did anyone say when it will stream on Disney+ ?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Looking forward to the newly remastered "Conan the Barbarian" and "Conan the Destroyer" in 4K UHD + Dolby Atmos.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw “The Beekeeper” starring Jason Statham. 4K Atmos.

PQ - Excellent. Shot using Arri Alexa 4.5K digital camera.

SQ. Some cool Atmos effects (bees flying around, helicopter blades overhead). Some good bass. I don’t think reference quality SQ, but very good. I did have to crank up the volume by 8dB. Hope I won’t have to crank up the volume when the disc comes out.

Movie/Story. Directed by David Ayer (Fury). Written by Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium, Law Abiding Citizen).

I love this movie. Will be watching every year. Pure adrenaline heart-pounding non-stop action from start to finish. Story is simple. Nothing new. Basically the bad guys hurt the ONE person I love most in this evil world (like mother figure), and I am going to kill them. :D

But the bad guy isn’t just anybody. They are extremely dear and important to someone extremely very very powerful. I mean extremely powerful. Extremely. :D

I watched it with my wife. She kept on asking me to rewind the parts where our hero kicks the bad guys a$$es. And there are many parts where Jason Statham kicks the bad guys a$$es. She said the bad guys deserve it for what they do to all the innocent people. :D

So yeah. I love this movie. It’s the kind of movie I would watch every year. It’s just fun to watch the hero kicks the bad guys a$$es. Will look forward to this movie coming out on 4K BD disc. Hopefully I don’t have to crank up the volume by 8dB on the 4K disc.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw “The Beekeeper” starring Jason Statham. 4K Atmos.

PQ - Excellent. Shot using Arri Alexa 4.5K digital camera.

SQ. Some cool Atmos effects (bees flying around, helicopter blades overhead). Some good bass. I don’t think reference quality SQ, but very good. I did have to crank up the volume by 8dB. Hope I won’t have to crank up the volume when the disc comes out.

Movie/Story. Directed by David Ayer (Fury). Written by Kurt Wimmer (Equilibrium, Law Abiding Citizen).

I love this movie. Will be watching every year. Pure adrenaline heart-pounding non-stop action from start to finish. Story is simple. Nothing new. Basically the bad guys hurt the ONE person I love most in this evil world (like mother figure), and I am going to kill them. :D

But the bad guy isn’t just anybody. They are extremely dear and important to someone extremely very very powerful. I mean extremely powerful. Extremely. :D

I watched it with my wife. She kept on asking me to rewind the parts where our hero kicks the bad guys a$$es. And there are many parts where Jason Statham kicks the bad guys a$$es. She said the bad guys deserve it for what they do to all the innocent people. :D

So yeah. I love this movie. It’s the kind of movie I would watch every year. It’s just fun to watch the hero kicks the bad guys a$$es. Will look forward to this movie coming out on 4K BD disc. Hopefully I don’t have to crank up the volume by 8dB on the 4K disc.
Watched it this weekend too. TOTALLY familiar plot, standard Statham flick of course, but I liked it a lot too. The bad guys are a bit pointless and who it all rolls up to was sort of disappointing, but feeling like someone went and gave those scammers a foot in the @$$ was excellent. The commentary and banter, especially with the younger bad guys, was hilarious.

I would like to see Beekeeper 2: Robocalls :D:cool:

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Disney has signed a distribution deal with Sony to take over all physical media production. :)

I guess the big hope here is that Sony will get to access the Fox movie vault and get those movies released on 4k.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Disney has signed a distribution deal with Sony to take over all physical media production. :)

I guess the big hope here is that Sony will get to access the Fox movie vault and get those movies released on 4k.

Hmm, Sony will now be making all physical movie discs for Disney.

What’s next? Sony making all disc for everyone else too? :D

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Looking forward to the newly remastered "Conan the Barbarian" and "Conan the Destroyer" in 4K UHD + Dolby Atmos.

Still have, Conan the Barbarian on VHS tape. My oldest son has all my old VHS tapes. Bunch of home moves also. 80 's were fun times.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm, I would like to see Conans in 4K. Netflix had them for a bit and I watched both, both still fun to watch. Might end up picking them up.

We were out of town this weekend, so didn't watch anything except the finale of Night Country. This Sun though, we have tickets to Dune 2 in IMAX. They did a promo to see it early in IMAX since the whole thing was shot on IMAX.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Hmmm, I would like to see Conans in 4K. Netflix had them for a bit and I watched both, both still fun to watch. Might end up picking them up.
They're certainly the best those movies have ever looked.

A little soft in picture at times, but about as good as I'd expect an older film transfer like this to be. Both have an original mono track as the default audio, but there is an Atmos mix alternative if you switch streams.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Hmm, Sony will now be making all physical movie discs for Disney.

What’s next? Sony making all disc for everyone else too? :D
Well maybe they won’t sukk!!!! Disney has been driving around on a manure spreader for awhile. Especially with their soundtracks!!!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Im seeing talk that it has been delayed until jan 2025 !!
Hopefully not, Amazon still lists it and Abyss as March 12.

*edit - Googled it and it looks like the date was bumped in the UK. Not sure if that will also apply to the US release.

I forgot, I did watch The Marvels last week on D+ IMAX enhanced.. It was pretty bad; not as bad as Eternals, but pretty meh. No need to comment on audio or video really, because I can't recommend watching it.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hopefully not, Amazon still lists it and Abyss as March 12.

*edit - Googled it and it looks like the date was bumped in the UK. Not sure if that will also apply to the US release.

I forgot, I did watch The Marvels last week on D+ IMAX enhanced.. It was pretty bad; not as bad as Eternals, but pretty meh. No need to comment on audio or video really, because I can't recommend watching it.
Hopefully its just the UK...although there has been a lot of criticism of the digital versions of these Cameron 4K upgrades.. The discs should be much better, but we will see.
The new Avatar rescans from that Collector's Edition are really bad, I can say after seeing them.
I have a 4K AI upscale of Avatar that looks 5 times better than what Cameron came up with.

Best to just bury any Marvel product at this point....I have them on my drives for completions sake, but havent watched anything from Quantumania on up.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Your CD, Move Disc Library is about to get a whole lot better.

Massive 1 Petabit Super DVD.

Surprised AH website hadn't mention this.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Just saw it today too, maybe is a bit too new? They said they had developed this tech about 10 yrs ago but not how to commercially make it viable. I guess they figured the nitty gritty details out now.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Oh dear, I bet SONY is all over this. First, they take over movie disc production for Disney (and probably other studios later). Then they use this new fancy new disc. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis