2 Channel Power Amps

M

Malazan

Enthusiast
My bad, Can the Ultras, I misread the price LOL

After doing some more research, I guess an integrated amp is the way I should go

Last edited:
M

Malazan

Enthusiast
I've kind of narrowed my amp choices down based on some good deals I have found

Yamaha A-S300
Yamaha A-S500
NAD C320BEE
NAD C326BEE
NAD C356BEE Non DAC
Onkyo A-9050
Cambridge Audio AZUR 650A
Cambridge Audio AZUR 651A

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/DEN697DRA697CI/DENON-DRA-697CI-AM/FM-Multi-Source/Zone-Stereo-AV-Receiver/1.html#!specifications I would look into the 697, that is an awesome price, the natural sound 700 is also decent {I own one} and has 50watts more power than the 500 you listed, A4L has the 500 for around the same price as the 697.... So the denon is a hard unit to beat...

check out music direct too, they have some amps on sale, the marantz units were on there cheap for a while, not sure if any left but worth a look, also the pioneer elite stereo units were really nice and can be found on ebay once and a while for short money...

M

Malazan

Enthusiast
Thanks, I checked out Marantz but the Integrated Amps don't have Pre-Outs, or Sub Out

Although their Receivers do, which Marantz would you suggest if any

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I checked the marantz arent on sale any more, they had the mcr603's on sale, but now they just have demo's for $499, its a decent unit and has a cd player built in, Im almost positive it has a sub out though...

Im thinking if it were me I would go with a preamp like the usp1 and a separate amp like the apa150 total cost would be around $500 but you get complete sub and main frequency control that most receivers or integrated aren't going to offer... then upgradability is another plus, you can add another apa150 and run them mono or bi wire, or add a bigger amp, endless possiblities..

M

Malazan

Enthusiast
Is a Integrated amp a better choice if your goal is music SQ

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
It depends on your source, if you are crossing to a sub, then I would go with something that will help you do that. I am also a firm believer in as direct a signal path as possible for music listening...
here is my recipe for a good "affordable" critical listening system...
csb1's $400
2200 mono blocks $550
USP1 pre amp $369
svs sb1000 $499 {better would be the dual drive}
that will get you really good sound for under $2000 I built a similar system with a parasound 2100 and dual svs sb12's, and it sounds amazing, I acutally had the owner of my "local" audiophile shoppe by to have a listen at his request and he was floored, admitted that nothing in his store could touch it {thats supposed to be between me and him, he specifically said "between you and me" lol...}...

Now you can also get great sound from a set of cbm170's and a topping tp60 {or any small amp for that matter} and spend under $550 total, it just depends on what you want to do and spend...

T

tomcacy

Audiophyte
I am new to this forum and would like to share what I am using for my 2 computers where power amps are concerned. With one I am using an Ashly FET-200, and the other an Ashly FET 1000M. These are both the best sounding amps that I own.

Now I have a question about these two amps... Both of them have developed dead spots in the volume controls on the back. Once dialed-in, they still sound fantastic, but I am wondering if the necessary repairs would be worth the cost of the amps? - Would imagine that all 4 pots need replacing - or cleaned? Would this be something I could do myself and if so, does anyone know where the best place for these parts could be found? Thank you, Tom

S

Saverio

Audiophyte
Odyssey Stratos. Made in the USA with a 20 year warranty.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis