$1400.00 for LCR 80% HT/TV 20% home music

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
Did you not like the emp 55ti? why?
I never heard the e55ti. But after listening to these focals I can't really think that they would sound this clear. Very detailed. I love them. Plus the finish is very nice on these.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern
I should also mention that the room is 22x19 and i will be sitting about 14-15 feet away from the front speakers. Would the distance matter? will the infinity or the emp tek be able to fill the space.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
I can vouch for the Pioneers not sounding very good in store, unless you can get them into a listening room. I can also vouch for them sounding great in home, especially when you can catch them on sale and get a pair for under $200.

Speaking of Focal's, has anyone heard or own the 726V? I see them at Music Direct for $1200. Do they need to be pulled well out from the rear wall? I'd hate to find they sound best over 24 inches away from the wall.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
I'm glad I chose the focal over the emp tek

I never heard the e55ti. But after listening to these focals I can't really think that they would sound this clear. Very detailed. I love them. Plus the finish is very nice on these.

Lol thanks. I need a good laugh to end the work day.

I should also mention that the room is 22x19 and i will be sitting about 14-15 feet away from the front speakers. Would the distance matter? will the infinity or the emp tek be able to fill the space.
My space is a little larger than that I sit about 12-13 from them and they EASILY fill out the space without any hints of distortion. I'd love to give them some real power someday, but I just have too much else going on at the moment.

They're in 2 different price brackets, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either. Kind of depends on a few factors like overall budget, aesthetics, how you'd like to factor a sub in (aka you can spend more on a sub if you save more by buying the p363's), etc.

I can vouch for the Pioneers not sounding very good in store, unless you can get them into a listening room. I can also vouch for them sounding great in home, especially when you can catch them on sale and get a pair for under $200.

Speaking of Focal's, has anyone heard or own the 726V? I see them at Music Direct for $1200. Do they need to be pulled well out from the rear wall? I'd hate to find they sound best over 24 inches away from the wall.
I've never heard the Pio's. I'd really like to hear them sometime outside of a crappy store setting

Those 726's look good, but is it worth $400 more for an extra 6" woofer and a uglier speaker (personal preference lol)?

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
With the 726 you are also getting a 3 way speaker, which can and I stress can make a great deal of difference.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
Lol thanks. I need a good laugh to end the work day.

My space is a little larger than that I sit about 12-13 from them and they EASILY fill out the space without any hints of distortion. I'd love to give them some real power someday, but I just have too much else going on at the moment.

They're in 2 different price brackets, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either. Kind of depends on a few factors like overall budget, aesthetics, how you'd like to factor a sub in (aka you can spend more on a sub if you save more by buying the p363's), etc.

I've never heard the Pio's. I'd really like to hear them sometime outside of a crappy store setting

Those 726's look good, but is it worth $400 more for an extra 6" woofer and a uglier speaker (personal preference lol)?

sorry you don t like my opinion.

I am very satisfied with my purchase.

anyway, anyone ever use the Disney WOW BD? Think it s worth it?

S

sid369

Audioholic Intern

They're in 2 different price brackets, but I don't think you'll be unhappy with either. Kind of depends on a few factors like overall budget, aesthetics, how you'd like to factor a sub in (aka you can spend more on a sub if you save more by buying the p363's)
Are you talking about infinity or the emp tek or both capable to fill the space.

there are handful video on youtube on the emp tek 55ti and in 1 video the guy moved back from where he is sitting and it sounded distant and when he walked back to his couch it felt like like he stepped in that sound zone again. based on that video I asked whether it will fill a big room.

I mean if he increased the volume it would have sounded the same farther back where he stood.

Does anyone know if you buy from the audiohlics store who to email to get a good price. Currently, I am speaking with someone on the avs store and they are giving a good price on some speakers, I am hoping its the same with audioholics store as well.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
With the 726 you are also getting a 3 way speaker, which can and I stress can make a great deal of difference.
Jimz711 wins 1-0.

Lol I didn't even think about that aspect. Agree 100%

I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but how can you have an opinion on a speakers sound without even hearing it.....and for that matter, aesthetics without even seeing it??

mind.blown.

Are you talking about infinity or the emp tek or both capable to fill the space.

there are handful video on youtube on the emp tek 55ti and in 1 video the guy moved back from where he is sitting and it sounded distant and when he walked back to his couch it felt like like he stepped in that sound zone again. based on that video I asked whether it will fill a big room.

I mean if he increased the volume it would have sounded the same farther back where he stood.

Does anyone know if you buy from the audiohlics store who to email to get a good price. Currently, I am speaking with someone on the avs store and they are giving a good price on some speakers, I am hoping its the same with audioholics store as well.

Sorry, I was talking about the e55ti's filling the space easily. I've never had the p363's in this house so I couldn't say, but I wouldn't see why they would have hard time. Quite a bit more efficient too.

You can't judge anything audio based on youtube. WAY too many factors

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
I think he's just saying that he likes his Focal's so much that nothing can possibly sound better, I'm sure there's Revel, Tad, etc. in there somewhere also not just EMP. So I say good you should think what you just bought is the best.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall

Going to agree with ousoonoer here, saying that you're happy you got one OVER the other isn't really a good statement when you have never encountered the other one. Neither of us are even saying that the E55s are better, since we cant...never heardem.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
I am glad I bought these over the other.

You can't tell me that I don't.
Anyway who cares, I don't care what anyone else buys. I'm not saying these are so much better than anyone else's. I know that I would always be wondering how those focals were if I would've went the other way. Im not too concerned about the EMP s right now. If you have been reading the thread here you would see that I almost bought them.

Anyway just saying I don't have any buyers remorse.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
I am glad I bought these over the other.

You can't tell me that I don't.
Anyway who cares, I don't care what anyone else buys. I'm not saying these are so much better than anyone else's. I know that I would always be wondering how those focals were if I would've went the other way. Im not too concerned about the EMP s right now. If you have been reading the thread here you would see that I almost bought them.

Anyway just saying I don't have any buyers remorse.

AGAIN... I get that, but to say "But after listening to these focals I can't really think that they would sound this clear" makes no sense unless you've heard the e55's. I can't say anything about the 814v's as I've never heard them, let alone in my own house setup the exact same as the e55's I have now. Even if I did, it's still a subjective hobby based on many factors and every person should draw final conclusions for themselves. I'm not worried that you didn't buy the e55's, I couldn't care less honestly. Hell, they're not even available at this time and I'm the most impatient person so I'd jump on the 814v too. I'm glad you found something you like on the first try. That's hard to do.

Last edited:
J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
Probably the ultimate kicker is you really never know if you found the best sounding speaker for you unless you literally auditioned every single speaker that fits your budget in your own home. All you can really do is say I like my speakers and I'm glad I picked them.

I would love to try the EMP's, the HTD level 3's the Boston A360's but that's just not feasible especially since I set my budget higher because I'll be moving my Pioneer towers, and if I'm going to replace them and truly feel like it is an upward move and not more of a sideways one I need to keep my budget in the 1500-2000 range.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Between the emp tek 55ti and infinity p363 which would you guys prefer more?

I love how the emp tek looks. Do they have any kind of deals on them?
If they were the same price, then I would get the EMP. :D

Otherwise, I would the the P363 or probably the Pioneer FS52 if they are the least expensive. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
But after listening to these focals I can't really think that they would sound this clear. Very detailed. I love them. Plus the finish is very nice on these.

I assume your Focal sound similar to my Focal 826V. And my 826V sound crystal clear and detailed.

I think you did great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When it comes to speakers, the only thing that matters is the distance you sit from them, not the size of the room.

When it comes to subwoofers, the size of the room matters.

So Infinity, EMP, Pioneer would all do a good job.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Yep, most speakers sound like crap at stores, but much better in a nice home environment.

My 826V are about 12" from the front wall, sitting next to the Phil3 and Dynaudio X32. So they shouldn't even sound good by most opinions who have never experienced it. Yet, they sound great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Guys, in a nice friendly home audio environment, all these speakers would sound crystal clear and great. No one should have buyer's remorse.

Focal, Infinity, EMP, Pioneer, etc, and many, many other speakers.

There is a speaker for everyone based on individual criteria.

Some people may only want to buy speakers made in the USA or France or England, etc. All kinds of different criteria.

J

jm78

Junior Audioholic
When it comes to speakers, the only thing that matters is the distance you sit from them, not the size of the room.

When it comes to subwoofers, the size of the room matters.

So Infinity, EMP, Pioneer would all do a good job.
I would take the infinity p363 over the the pioneer fs-52.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis