$1400.00 for LCR 80% HT/TV 20% home music

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
How would you spend this money? Or would you spend less?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
EMP Tek usually has a 4th of July sale as well, if you're willing to wait that long...

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
How much of a discount is it?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'd toss in the Ascend CMT 340s into the mix. You can get the LCR slots filled for $904 shipped.

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
I'd toss in the Ascend CMT 340s into the mix. You can get the LCR slots filled for $904 shipped.
Have you actually heard these?

Any comparison you could make? I very seen these mentioned as well as the Sierras

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ascents are great speakers and 340's are as good as it gets as far as value goes, but I find their "center" speakers a bit "hurried" - it's basically same speakers on the side...

How much of a discount is it?
Discounts may vary from 10-20%, but I didn't hear any announcement regarding current lack of stock.... like I said it may indicate updated model coming shortly

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
Ascents are great speakers and 340's are as good as it gets as far as value goes, but I find their "center" speakers a bit "hurried" - it's basically same speakers on the side...

Discounts may vary from 10-20%, but I didn't hear any announcement regarding current lack of stock.... like I said it may indicate updated model coming shortly
I called out there he said that they were one month out but they are sticking with that model.

I think those focals that were linked to earlier seem like an OK deal. Not sure how they would compare.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It really doesn't matter and makes MORE sense to have it the same since there really wouldn't be much different anyway. My center is identical to my mains and sounds just as good as them - same MTM configuration as the CMT340s as well.

I've heard a system a few times that has the 340SEs up front and felt it was very solid for the price. Can't really go wrong with them IMO.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Have you actually heard these? Any comparison you could make?
Yes I have heard them, though unfortunately I can't claim to have directly compared them to anything else. In their own right though they sounded reasonably well balanced to my ear and held their composure at higher volumes (though I didn't hear them at ear bleeding levels).

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It really doesn't matter and makes MORE sense to have it the same since there really wouldn't be much different anyway. My center is identical to my mains and sounds just as good as them - same MTM configuration as the CMT340s as well.

I've heard a system a few times that has the 340SEs up front and felt it was very solid for the price. Can't really go wrong with them IMO.
pls Ignore my previous post, I was thinking about CBM-170 SE

R

robb99

Audioholic Intern
The focals mentioned spec wise are almost identical to the 340s' . 340s are a lot cheaper though.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The focals mentioned spec wise are almost identical to the 340s' . 340s are a lot cheaper though.
I wouldn't base much on manufacturers specs. Of course I would note that the 340s a lot uglier than the Focals :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I wouldn't base much on manufacturers specs. Of course I would note that the 340s a lot uglier than the Focals :D
Normally this is true. I do trust Ascend more than most though. They don't just publish specs, but also publish measurements.

Of course, you can still bias the results, but there aren't a lot of companies out there that will provide measurements upon request, much less published on the web.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wow. Those are the same as the 716v's? Those came out a long time ago didn't they?

I believe they are the upgraded version of the 716V w/ piano gloss finish. MSRP is $1800/PR.

My 826V sound great.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis