H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
In the $10k neighborhood... (more if you get 2 subs)

Denon X4000 AVR
Emotive XPA-5 Amp
4x Aperion Verus Grand Towers
1x Aperion Verus Grand Center
1 Rythmik FV15HP and/or 1 SVS PB13-Ultra
Oppo 103 BluRay Player

This is my recommendation only because it is what I have and it sounds great! I have not heard all the other stuff people recommend, so I can't say this is better or worse.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Building speakers is fun if you have the right tools, knowledge and experience. It's definitely not easy and not for those afraid of failure.. For a good first project I like the Dayton Reference series.

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
What are the dimensions of this room? How many seats? To just throw equipment recommendations out there seems like throwing darts without even knowing where the board is, doesn't it? Any more details that can be provided in the scenario would be fun to work with.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What are the dimensions of this room? How many seats? To just throw equipment recommendations out there seems like throwing darts without even know where the board is, doesn't it? Any more details that can be provided in the scenario would be fun to work with.
Seeing as this is a completely hypothetical scenario, the room is either irrelevant, or you could qualify your hypothetical recommendation with a specific room.

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
Seeing as this is a completely hypothetical scenario, the room is either irrelevant, or you could qualify your hypothetical recommendation with a specific room.
Then we should just name every speaker ever created and in every possible config that can come in under $10,000. Hell, lets even name every piece of gear ever assembled because HYPOTHETICALLY we could find one on closeout where a dealer or someone just wants to get rid of it for $1.00. That could HYPOTHETICALLY happen.

So, I guess that's my system recommendation based on the idea that HYPOTHETICALLY the room could be any room on the planet. I will go ahead and recommend EVERYTHING and ANYTHING ever created for audio.

There. I have now contributed as smartly as anyone else just throwing random pieces of gear out there.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Look, if you don't understand what's going on in this thread based on the first post, then just move on and ignore it. Lashing out at a thread because you're hung up on one aspect of it, which is still an irrelevant part, is poor form. I get what you're saying, but you're missing the point.

P.S. you haven't contributed as smartly as anyone else in this particular thread. Judging by those red chicklets you've gained, it appears that opinion is shared. ;)

P

Plexmulti9

Junior Audioholic
Look, if you don't understand what's going on in this thread based on the first post, then just move on and ignore it. Lashing out at a thread because you're hung up on one aspect of it, which is still an irrelevant part, is poor form. I get what you're saying, but you're missing the point.

P.S. you haven't contributed as smartly as anyone else in this particular thread. Judging by those red chicklets you've gained, it appears that opinion is shared. ;)
Indeed it is. I even signed it! :D
In my 29 posts I have 18 thanks which, to me, says that I contribute a fair amount when I do post. The fact that the responses in this thread have been what they've been and people's rear ends get hurt when I ask what the room dimensions are doesn't hurt my feelings in the least. The "it's hypothetical" response got as equally a dumb one in return. There's nothing hypothetical here besides price point in which case, as I said, anything can be thrown out as a potential idea.

Also, feel free to discuss the system I came up with based on the criteria of the hypothetical room.

Oh, and I signed mine to. Double :D :D

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
In my 29 posts I have 18 thanks which, to me, says that I contribute a fair amount when I do post. The fact that the responses in this thread have been what they've been and people's rear ends get hurt when I ask what the room dimensions are doesn't hurt my feelings in the least. The "it's hypothetical" response got as equally a dumb one in return. There's nothing hypothetical here besides price point in which case, as I said, anything can be thrown out as a potential idea.

Also, feel free to discuss the system I came up with based on the criteria of the hypothetical room.

Oh, and I signed mine to. Double :D :D
I hadn't negative repped you, but I have now ;)

Oh and it's signed so triple :D :D :D

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
3x Seas Thor
2x Seas Odin
1x Emotiva UMC-200
1x Emotiva XPA-5
1x Oppo BDP-103
1x Epson 5030UB
1x 5x8x.25" Sintra
1x Projector Screen Paint
1x Amazon deals for cables and you might need a friend with Prime to get free shipping cause you're out of money

cough up extra for subs if you feel you need them for movies

*speakers assume you have access to a table saw, router, a dozen clamps, and a soldering iron

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't know SEAS made kits. Cool. Thanks.
There are a lot of kits on Meniscus and Madisound. Meniscus has a lot of kits from Dennis and the guys over at PE Techtalk, and Madisound has the Linkwitz kits, along with some Seas and SB kits.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I was on Madisound this morning. Looking at the Morel UW958. Had any experience with this brand?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was on Madisound this morning. Looking at the Morel UW958. Had any experience with this brand?
Not with that one in particular. I've heard a couple pairs of speakers that used Morel drivers and I remember liking them and thinking they sounded good. It's been awhile, so I can't really offer more than that.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I'm looking for a good candidate 8" to try and build a compact TL sub. Yeah I know I said I wasn't gonna dive head first into DIY, but a friend of mine used to build boxes for custom car installs. Between the two of us, we should be able to figure this out. :rolleyes:

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
A transmission line adds a whole lots more math to the equation of getting good sound out of the box. Unless you buy a kit where you literally just need to be competent enough to build the box, and wire up the crossover and drivers, building even a 2-way sealed speaker from scratch would be quite tricky with out a few cram sessions with text books!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking for a good candidate 8" to try and build a compact TL sub. Yeah I know I said I wasn't gonna dive head first into DIY, but a friend of mine used to build boxes for custom car installs. Between the two of us, we should be able to figure this out. :rolleyes:
Head over to PE tech talk and PM Paul kittenger he's a TL guru. TLS Guy really knows his stuff as well but he's pretty busy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis