15 year olds system

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Here is something more local I'd consider as a starter.

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-SONY-100-WATT-AMP-WITH-TUNER-W0QQAdIdZ236620838#

5.1, digital inputs, component video switching, sub out. asking $75, could probably deal.
I'd rather have the STR-DA33ES, the STR-DG500 reminds me of the STR-DA1000ES I used to have. I liked that receiver because it felt solid. I'm pretty certain the ES receiver is going to be a lot more solid than the Sony STR-DG500 though.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm pretty certain the ES receiver is going to be a lot more solid than the Sony STR-DG500 though.
No doubt. It's more a question of distance, Waterford MI vs Leamington which is practically in our backyard. I take a ride out there on weekends just for the drive.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
My first HT receiver was also a sony; it's still around too. Didn't have quite the control over bass that a hi fi receiver would have, but it definitely bottomed out the sony speakers on extremely low bass that my parents had with them with its power and never clipped IIRC. It was rated at 100wpc and i don't know how accurate that was but whatever it was, it was enough. Those speaker were driven pretty hard at times when I was a kid and the parents were gone and they're still intact too... they're a bit of a bit boom and sizzle 3-way design but eh, they had massive power handling and 12" woofers :D. I definitely don't remember the receiver ever clipping, the only "too loud" artifacts" were during movie sequences like transformers (silly as my sister is, she turned on "bass boost" and otherwise set bass dial to max... this is where a dedicated sub woulda been nice). Outside of that, those speakers and receiver still have it in them. The receiver's a bit on the warm/muddy side compared to my marantz / i doubt it has a great damping factor but the MSRP on my marantz was around 1000 dollars and the sony wasn't nearly so much, maybe like 3-400 at most. It's definitely a HUGE upgrade over the ventura or what have you.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
in 6 hours, ive sold my ipod dock, my venturer system and my sony book shelf speakers $32 all together

$50+32=http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-SONY-100-WATT-AMP-WITH-TUNER-W0QQAdIdZ236620838#
+ some $ left over too :p

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
in 6 hours, ive sold my ipod dock, my venturer system and my sony book shelf speakers $32 all together

$50+32=http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-SONY-100-WATT-AMP-WITH-TUNER-W0QQAdIdZ236620838#
+ some $ left over too :p
Good, your headed in the right direction! I'm trying to get rid excess stuff too, but I'm not having as much luck :(

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i just got my new sony reciever. its awesome so far but it sure is a pain to set up. its too bad that the remote doesn't let me control my tv with it, it lets you control vcrs,dvd players,cd players,MD deck,tape deck b, dvr's, and satalite recievers but not tv's :( ill get some pics when im done setting it up

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
here are pics

and then there is me the day i got the sansui's

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
i just got my new sony reciever. its awesome so far but it sure is a pain to set up. its too bad that the remote doesn't let me control my tv with it, it lets you control vcrs,dvd players,cd players,MD deck,tape deck b, dvr's, and satalite recievers but not tv's :( ill get some pics when im done setting it up
Wow, now once you get those midranges fixed you'll be having so much fun.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Wow, now once you get those midranges fixed you'll be having so much fun.
well ive got a blown 4" (not from the sansui's) that i think i should destroy with this system, its rated at 5w and this puts out 100w so i think it could be fun

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis