Official Northwest Audioholics Get Together

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
If you saw the amount of food Gene and his wife had down at last years AH event in Orlando; you'd know Gene likes his food.
Not to mention Ben & Jerry's ice cream; served by the real Jerry himself.
Yes and it killed me that there was almost 50 no shows at our dinner event which was a complete waste of food/money. The hotel wouldn't even let me take the food to give to hotel staff or donate to homeless.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Yes and it killed me that there was almost 50 no shows at our dinner event which was a complete waste of food/money. The hotel wouldn't even let me take the food to give to hotel staff or donate to homeless.
That was too bad;I'm the way way when it comes to waste.

People don't know what a great time they missed.
My wife and I still talk about how nice, and how well run that event was.
Edit: You might want to talk to Major Dave.
I recall him cutting in front of little kids on the Ben & Jerry's line.:D

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
That was a bummer, Gene. We had our share of no-shows...some even committing as late as Tuesday. But not nearly as bad as you had. We had just enough left-overs for dinner for the organizers and late-stayers. :)

Originally Posted by gene
Look at the size of those sandwich cuts! Usually you get little portions when they are cut up in a circle like that but this obviously isn't the case when Dave/Yvette are the hosts

Our caterer made a variety of those wraps you see in the chow photo. Mrs. Tomorrow (future wife ;)) and I thought those things were humongous. The meat wraps had like a 1/4 lb. of deli meat in them, along with avocado, etc. Dave thought they were 'weanie' and way too light on the meat. :eek: What?! :p :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
you're making me hungry. Luckily my wife's in the kitchen right now making some fresh grouper, else I'd have to grab a snack.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
SVS was one of the many fine sponsors that donated lots of give-away goodies for the show...several dozen hats and a like number of T-shirts (the shirts unfortunately arrived on Monday). The equipment they sent was the natural oak MTS setup with MTS-01 mains, MBS-01 surrounds, and MCS-01 center and TWO PB12-Plus subs.

We tried to schedule the rooms so that we minimized the cross-talk between systems, particularly the SVS room which was right on top of the Salk room. It turns out that there wasn't too much interference and the SVS room played movies from noon (during lunch) until late afternoon. All the big subwoofer movies were the faire for the day...Finding Nemo maybe the most popular. But what got everybody racing up to the SVS room was when the sub sweeps started running. From outside someone said they thought a plane was landing on the roof. I thought it was the roof trying to launch itself! The livingroom filled with people shoulder to shoulder to get a piece of that love. ;) They are imposing and impressive subs. We almost lost a couple of large, decorative platters from atop the cabinets in the kitchen! :eek: Mrs. AverageJoe would have had my scalp. As they were walking themselves toward the cabinet edge, they were saved by a quick thinking and grabbing caterer. (Please....no one tell Mrs. AverageJoe.)

The entire system was very clean looking and sounding to my ears. I was impressed by their ScanSpeak AirCirc tweeter. If you get a chance to audition a set, I highly recommend it. If I could have afforded it, this set would be in my HT right now. I like the MTS-01's better than my Aerial 7B's! (I'm still working on the missus. :eek:) This system was ridiculously show-priced at 1/2 MSRP!! How is that for a go-for-the-gusto sponsor?! The system included SVS's new AS-EQ1, an Audyssey SQ optimizing device that handles multiple subs at up to 32 locations in the room. (This was the only SVS item not for sale. It is Ron Stimpson's personal unit.) Unfortunately, we fell too short of time to put on a demonstration of the unit, but it looks to be a real winner for SVS.

There were so many intriguing and tempting pieces of equipment at the GTG. I'm still cleaning the drool off my shirts and digging around looking for lost treasure in my wallet.

The only pictures I got were just before we opened and I got really busy. Maybe some others can post pics of the crowds we got for movie time, as well as their reviews of the system.

And aren't those nifty banners?! :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
RJ....did you specify for them to send the oak ones?:)

Half price is a steal!:cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I really like that "Fear" banner...well, the text anyway. Hee, hee. Good stuff. :)

I have three SVS t-shirts and a hat. They're great. The shirts are nice and thick, and I wear the hat everyday when I walk Niki. I wear the shirts pretty often, too, and I feel like an SVS salesperson when I'm wearing the hat and a shirt while walking her around. :D

J

just listening

Audioholic
I wish I could have been able to reset a business trip to my Oregon clients for that week as I've been wanting to chat with Jim Salk again. I did get an email from an attendee who participates on another forum. He confirmed what everybody says about Mr. Salk including myself, that he is a true gentleman. He mentioned that the Aperion people are very nice and that the 6T's deserved Audioholics award.

The EMP speakers are very impressive at their introductory price and that late Saturday afternoon they were brought into the same room as the Axiom M60's and everyone in the room at that time felt that EMP towers outperformed the Axiom's.

The biggest disappointment was that the Emotiva gear didn't make it, although a writer for one the e-zine's did bring up his review sample of Emotiva's ERC-1 cdp, and it was running with the EMP speakers.

What struck me most about the email was how appreciative he was of the hosts, manufacturers, and Audioholics for investing such a significant amount of money and resources into the event.

I'm looking forward to seeing MajorLoser's pics, in spite of my jealousy of not being there.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i was so out of the loop, didn't even know this happened already! (i guess i was sourgraping for not being a US resident) :D

congrats! (especially tomorrow)

did SVS have a rep there or were all the stuff shipped?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
i was so out of the loop, didn't even know this happened already! (i guess i was sourgraping for not being a US resident) :D

congrats! (especially tomorrow)

did SVS have a rep there or were all the stuff shipped?
No rep, but I sure wish they had sent someone. They shipped all the stuff early. (That was one huge load for AverageJoe! :eek:) This is one classy company that stepped forward solidly and early to help us out. They donated lots of goodies and probably would have sent anything we asked for. Ron Stimpson supports this hobby and its afficionados with gusto.

They had tech support in the wings and at the ready for any issues we might have had, especially with the new AS-EQ1, bass optimizer system.

They were offering to sell their show equipment at 1/2 retail...the speakers at basically less than the cost of the drivers alone. And everyone went home with some gift from SVS.

They have won me over, Mike.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
They were offering to sell their show equipment at 1/2 retail...
Oh, now that's just mean ... ya know?
Did you torture the family pet when you were little?
Jealousy is consuming me. ;)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, now that's just mean ... ya know?
Did you torture the family pet when you were little?
Jealousy is consuming me. ;)
Oh? 1100 bucks for TWO PB12-Plus subs (no shipping cost) make you want to drool? Just a little? :D The savings would have paid for your plane fare, shipping back, and maybe even a massage while you were here, Alex. ;)

There were two reasons I got into bodybuilding when I was younger:
1. to impress chicks
2. to always eat whatever I wanted
3. To compensate for the fact that I liked Star Trek, my name was Eugene, and I wore a pocket protector while attending Engineering school...

MWUHAHAHAHAHA

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis