New House , Finally go dedicated !

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
Ok, I know I said my budget was $1000 for an Amp but I was just looking at the Emotiva MPS-2. It's packed with 1,400 watts and its a 7 channel. What if I got that and bi-amped the mains with the 6th and 7th channell? Is bi-amping worth it?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I have an MPS-1 and have been very happy with it. Runs cool and gives me more power than my room can handle.

Here is an interesting article I came across when asking myself the same question. My opinion in the end was that I was better served using the system as 7.1 instead of 5.1 with the fronts bi-amped.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Make certain you read the thread "worst purchase you have made" before getting an EMO.
Ok, I know I said my budget was $1000 for an Amp but I was just looking at the Emotiva MPS-2. It's packed with 1,400 watts and its a 7 channel. What if I got that and bi-amped the mains with the 6th and 7th channell? Is bi-amping worth it?

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
PSWii60....very nice room man!! I have been meaning to comment since you did on mine...Very well done with the conversion of that room. I cannot wait to be in a home to do the same....and nicely done on the Paradigms as well....

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
PSWii60....very nice room man!! I have been meaning to comment since you did on mine...Very well done with the conversion of that room. I cannot wait to be in a home to do the same....and nicely done on the Paradigms as well....
Hey Thanks! I was going for the clean simple look. I actually made six more acoustic panels this past Sunday (which took up my whole friggin day) to put on the angled walls but after I made them I had my wife hold one up so I could look at it and decided I didn't like how they looked. They make the room look more like a mixing studio. So I mounted two of them to the wall behind each main. Now I got four that I have no use for.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Thanks! I was going for the clean simple look. I actually made six more acoustic panels this past Sunday (which took up my whole friggin day) to put on the angled walls but after I made them I had my wife hold one up so I could look at it and decided I didn't like how they looked. They make the room look more like a mixing studio. So I mounted two of them to the wall behind each main. Now I got four that I have no use for.
That's a shame they won't work out aesthetically. You do have more space on the sidewalls too, FWIW. HTs are desired to be pretty dead, even more so than most music rooms I've seen.

Anyways, you did a great job on those panels, great fit n finish from what I can tell. I bet you would have no problem selling them. Heck, if you lived closer to me I'd buy em! Shipping could be quite the hassle x-country... but Id actually be quite interested.

How much? :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
I really like Rotel amps myself.I had a whole Rotel system a few years ago and it was great..How are you liking the Paradigms? They look very sweet..

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
I like them alot. I REALLY need to get an amp to make them shine. They have so much dynamic range to them. I'm hoping an amp will bring out the mids a little more, but the auto quality is astounding! The Aperions are awsome speakers but they are really bright. The digms seem much more balanced. I'm no audiophile like you guys, I just let my ears judge.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I like them alot. I REALLY need to get an amp to make them shine. They have so much dynamic range to them. I'm hoping an amp will bring out the mids a little more, but the auto quality is astounding! The Aperions are awsome speakers but they are really bright. The digms seem much more balanced. I'm no audiophile like you guys, I just let my ears judge.
NAD, Rotel, Sunfire, Outlaw, very hard to go wrong. If you like Rotel, just get it.

Parasound, particularly Halo, can be very expensive. Probably on the level of NAD Masters series...

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
New Home for the Aperion 633's

Moved the Aperion towers downstairs. Visual fingerprints complements of my son:p Disregard the white wall mounted speakers, they were put in when the house was built. Just haven't taken them down yet

Basic Sony Receiver and DVD Player

Standard DVD Collection filed alphabetically

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I don't think I like you anymore. Nice HT room, nice living room, you take good pictures...

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
I don't think I like you anymore. Nice HT room, nice living room, you take good pictures...
Ah come on:( You guys are the only ones I can relate to. Without yall I am nothing:(:(:(:(:(:( besides no one else I know cares about HT/Audio.

S

Sherardp

Audioholic
your room is awesome, love the paradigm towers you have in there also. One question, is it possible to do the 2 seats up front and the three in the rear or do u prefer it that way as is now. I too have 5 seats in my room as well. And as said before, you take very nice photos.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, I will give you one more chance if you will promise to buy a Bose Wave radio and put it in your bedroom. That way, I can say I have a better bedroom set up then you;)

None of my friends are into HT either and a couple of them have media rooms that they turned into extra living rooms that they have no need for..
Ah come on:( You guys are the only ones I can relate to. Without yall I am nothing:(:(:(:(:(:( besides no one else I know cares about HT/Audio.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
One question, is it possible to do the 2 seats up front and the three in the rear or do u prefer it that way as is now.
I was waiting for this question. My room is only 12ft wide. My surrounds stick out a good 10" . If I put three in the rear it doesn't leave much room to squeeze by. I would rather have the two seats in the front, but until I go in wall with the surrounds it doesn't leave much room. I was considering going inwall and cutting out the back side of an acoustic panel to hang in front of it. So there completely out of sight.

PSWii60

PSWii60

Full Audioholic
None of my friends are into HT either and a couple of them have media rooms that they turned into extra living rooms that they have no need for..
I can concour with that. Such a waste of a good HT room to turn it into a living room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis