J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Some other great female voices that never get recognition.

Belinda Carlile
Susanna Hoffs
Sade
Sheena Easton
Stevie Nicks
I agree that those are all great voices, but I hardly think that they all go unrecognized. Stevie and Sade, in particular, are highly regarded.
(By the way, Susanna Hoffs' collaboration wih Matthew Sweet, Under the Covers, is a great CD.)

Pwner_2130

Pwner_2130

Audioholic
Enya in my opinion has an amazing voice. And the Evanescence girl

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Enya in my opinion has an amazing voice. And the Evanescence girl
If you like Enya's style as well as her voice, listen to Celtic Woman (especially Lisa and Meav.) Afterward, you will realize that Enya is not as amazing as you thought.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
All good in their own right. I am constantly haunted by Karen Carpenter's voice...simply beautiful.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
That first Celtic woman DVD is awesome, reference quality for sure and hands down the best Dolby Digital recording I have heard to date. The one who does the solo by the piano has an amazing voice. Has anyone seen the second concert yet?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
That first Celtic woman DVD is awesome, reference quality for sure and hands down the best Dolby Digital recording I have heard to date. The one who does the solo by the piano has an amazing voice. Has anyone seen the second concert yet?
I have both DVDs, both studio CDs, all the solo CDs, Haley's solo DVD, and have seen them live.
You might say I am a fanatic.:)

loserwife

loserwife

Audioholic
The best singer. :rolleyes: I would have to say any singer that touches my soul and makes me happy. They don't have to be capable of reaching 8 octaves.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Going back to that era, in addition to Karen Carpenter, I also really enjoy Nicolette Larson.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
mazer, you realize she's named "loser"wife because we have another "loser" on board. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Does anyone here listen to anything but pop music?

Classical (more like Renaissance and Baroque):
Montserrat Figueras, and her daughter as well
Arianna Savall
All of the females in the Tallis Scholars

Jazz:
Ella Fitzgerald
Nancy Wilson

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I listen to a lot of music that is not "pop". I do not, however, listen to classical. I played in the orchestra for the duration of my public-school years, but I guess it just never "took". Classical makes good movie soundtracks, though.:D

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

Classical (more like Renaissance and Baroque):
Montserrat Figueras, and her daughter as well
Arianna Savall
All of the females in the Tallis Scholars

Jazz:
Ella Fitzgerald
Nancy Wilson
The only pop music I own is Shakira. The reason is that I have never heard anyone do what she does with her voice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis